2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

True, I was still thinking Vic stays in his 6th man role

They could easily start Vic... 

You start Vic and Roberson, put KD at the 4.

Russ
Vic
Roberson
KD
Adams

No other lineup in the NBA can compete with that athletically.

Close with that lineup.. But you let kd play most of his mins at the 3 spot during the season to avoid the wear and tear

Maybe start kanter at 4.. Don't think they throw the rookie to the wolves already.. Ersan was in the deal

Ersan probably starts

Also no clue what's going on with Mitch mcgary anymore

Russ
Vic
Roberson
KD
Adams

Not sure there's enough shooting there. Would make sense to swap Roberson out and get another 3 or 4 that can stretch the floor.

Not sure there's enough shooting there. Would make sense to swap Roberson out and get another 3 or 4 that can stretch the floor.

Vic and KD is enough, Vic will shoot a lot better in OKC with the defense off of him.

I keep Roberson out there because he makes their defense and rebounding beyond elite.

Ughh what is the magic doing?!?! This trade will only be salvageble if it was done to free up minutes for hezonja. If not they could have gotten someone way bettter than that bum ibaka.

Lineup lookin like:

Payton
Hezonja
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucivic

Last edited:
Looking back, I feel like OKC could have selected a better player to fit in right away than Sabonis. Just being greedy I suppose

Ughh what is the magic doing?!?! This trade will only be salvageble if it was done to free up minutes for hezonja. If not they could have gotten someone way bettter than that bum ibaka.

Lineup lookin like:

Payton
Hezonja
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucivic

Ibaka gives them a defensive presence if he goes back to the Ibaka from like two seasons ago... plus they get a lot of lineup flexibility

Looking back, I feel like OKC could have selected a better player to fit in right away than Sabonis. Just being greedy I suppose

I assume ersan starts right away.. Kanter gets heavy mins at 4/5

Then you sprinkle in the rookie

I don't expect much from collison or Mitch at this point

Then you run small ball with kd at the 4, but don't overuse it during season.. Hopefully Payne steps up in his 2nd year and Roberson is more consistent from 3

His next year is a team option.. Not sure when the thunder or another team have options on that

True, I was still thinking Vic stays in his 6th man role

They could easily start Vic... 

Russ
Vic
Roberson
KD
Adams

Just pack the paint, no shooting. I'm going to assume we s&t Waiters for some type of other asset. I'm not happy at all.

Serge a bum? Dude is the best shooter on your team and defender, easily get borderline production of him, something like 15/7 and 2 blocks with just under ~40% 3ptfg shooting

Ersan was good in his contract year a few yrs ago but he has been washed since

Just pack the paint, no shooting. I'm going to assume we s&t Waiters for some type of other asset. I'm not happy at all.

Serge a bum? Dude is the best shooter on your team and defender, easily get borderline production of him, something like 15/7 and 2 blocks with just under ~40% 3ptfg shooting

Ersan was good in his contract year a few yrs ago but he has been washed since

Adams is the best defender, it wasn't going to be possible to keep Ibaka and everybody else long term anyway.

The trade makes OKC better, idk what you're seeing.

Serge's defensive versatility will be missed. I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that OKC is better with Vic instead of Serge

How can the Thunder trade away Ibaka? Now they can't play the Warriors the same way they did.

Waiters coming off the bench now? Ilyasova is pretty nice though.

Was concerned but after listening to Tim Legler, I am positively intrigued to see what this OKC trade will look like ( barring Durant resigns).
Oladipo gets buckets and plays d. He can start at the 2 wit westbrook so they can now score vs a non scoring Roberson or Sephalosfijlasdsa.
Irsan Illyaova can do what Ibaka does unfortunately. Bakas d fell off and all he do is jump shoot, and Illy is better at that ( and the 3). All I can say is
Im not calling this a step backwards.

All you need to know about Jaylen Brown is that Isiah Thomas likes his game 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom