2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

explain.

soft =/= untalented

you can have skills and still be warm cookies fam.

The only thing that he does during games are the stupid fouls he sometimes does that takes him out the game. I get that is not being mentally strong in an aspect.

But y'all fronting like he can't be valuable and coachable in the right situation.

Kobe did one of the most selfish and "softest" things I've seen a player do in a playoff series (quitting on his team).

Dwight is just unlikeable. Unlikeable =/= "soft"

Last edited:
Will never understand how y'all think Dwight is "soft" because Kobe said so :lol:. That's so lazy man. But it's easy to run with. Shaq, Kobe TNT, Skip Bayless....drove this narrative home. A guy that's had the success...particularly in the playoffs that he has....isn't "soft". It is what it is.

Anyway, WNBA is cool with the right teams. Maya Moore is a MUST WATCH when she's on TV. She'll go down as the greatest women's basketball player to lace em up when she's done.

Who said anything about Kobe? :lol:

Dwight is mentally soft cuz that's what he's shown. Dude has admitted that he cares too much about what people say. He said he practices moves but when he gets in games he doesn't do them cuz if he misses people will talk bad about him. It's obvious he struggles with his confidence.

Every team he goes to it's the same story. "Dwight's not happy about this and that."

Convenient 

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/201...ncy-primer-analysis-dwight-howard-rajon-rondo

1). WWDD - What Will Dwight Do? -€” Nearly any team that gives Dwight his max him will cap themselves out, but in this market, if you have a need at center getting Dwight Howard on a two- or three-year deal is better than settling for Festus Ezeli on a longer deal.

Go figure what that Dwight guy wants. You could probably teach behavioral economics classes on exactly how irrational his decisions have been. Years ago, he opted into a player option in Orlando which extended Dwightmare for 12 months. He then left LA for Houston, leaving an extra year, bigger raises, and about $25mm on the table.

And that last decision might have actually paid off. At 30 years old, he has opted out right when the salary cap spikes so precipitously that about 40% of the league can offer him his max without making major sacrifices. This is a major lesson in how uncertain the future is. When Dwight inked his deal in Houston, the league was crying poor and nobody had even heard of the new TV deal.

But will any team max him? Will Dwight prioritize money, being "the man", or winning? It's anybody's guess. The one thing that seems clear is that he isn't returning to Houston.

I think the most likely suitors are Dallas, Chicago, and New York. One team I would advocate going after him is Brooklyn. They have so much space (and will probably trade Brook Lopez eventually) that signing Dwight at even 3 years $90mm wouldn't preclude them from getting another guy or two, and it also ensures that whoever does get him has to outbid that offer, which will be a recurring theme of this piece.

Last edited:
explain.

soft =/= untalented

you can have skills and still be warm cookies fam.

The only thing that he does during games are the stupid fouls he sometimes does that takes him out the game. I get that is not being mentally strong in an aspect.

But y'all fronting like he can't be valuable and coachable in the right situation.

Kobe did one of the most selfish and "softest" things I've seen a player do in a playoff series (quitting on his team).

Dwight is just unlikeable. Unlikeable =/= "soft"
I'm not one of them. I def think he has value. he does have some huge flaws though. being his body and his inability to be on the court during crunch time due to free throws and/or foul trouble. as a bench center, and thats not to disrespect him, but in strategy, he'd be really solid again

So the sixers just planning on keeping 4-5 capable starting big men on their roster? Please dont tell me they're planning on starting the season with this type of unnecessary frontcourt depth when they can easily move a couple of them for pieces they need.

PF - Simmons, Saric
C - Noel, Okafor, Embiid

At least one, if not both, of Okafor and Noel will be moved. And I'm pretty sure Harrison Barnes is going to end up being a Sixer.......

Wojpop:

Sources on @TheVertical: Kevin Durant's free agent meetings will be staged in the Hamptons on Long Island (N.Y.) Friday and Saturday.

Hopefully there's a quick decision.

You rather have thon maker or embiid right now if you had to choose??

I'll take thon easily

At least dude is healthy. I know people aren't high on him but I think he's a nice project player and could pan out wth the right coaches and teachers and of course hard work and dedication

Wojpop:

Sources on @TheVertical: Kevin Durant's free agent meetings will be staged in the Hamptons on Long Island (N.Y.) Friday and Saturday.

its ridiculous. they should just let players sign july 1st

Someone please post the article where dwight talks about wanting to cry when he's not in the finals, people hurting his feelings, and the difficulty of playing defense while wearing soiled tampons

Bruh is unequivocally and unapologetically soft. There is no defending his mentality

Wojpop:

the Hamptons are less than an hour from my house :nerd:

might need to head over there & make my pitch :nerd: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom