2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The White Sox want Gary Sanchez, Aaron Judge, Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, & Jorge Mateo for Chris Sale
roll.gif
Wow.

Prolly end up in NY or Bos

bro the most impressive part of that whole play..is that he actually made the play. The level of adrenaline and sheer joy of seeing such an easy play to make, bruh I would've accidentally launched the ball into the 12th row

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Keeping promise, man listens to Cubs win at dad's grave site[/h1][h1]
waynewilliamscemetery1.jpg
[/h1]
GREENWOOD, Ind. -- A North Carolina man drove to his father's grave site in Indiana to listen to the Chicago Cubs  win Game 7 of the World Series, keeping a pledge the men made to each other.

Wayne Williams listened to the Cubs' 10-inning 8-7 victory over the Cleveland Indians  on his smartphone Wednesday night at his father's grave in the military section of Greenwood Forest Lawn Cemetery in suburban Indianapolis.

His father, also named Wayne Williams, was a Navy veteran. He died in 1980 at age 53.

The younger Williams told WTHR-TV he and his father had a pact: When the Cubs got into the World Series again, they would listen to the games together.

He kept his promise, sitting in a fold-out chair draped with a Cubs "W" victory flag.
Right in the feels. 
frown.gif

who's getting that big payday? guys going into contracts talks like, "if jason heyward got 184..."

Yankees need to look at the Cubs and just wait

Oh I think Cashman realizes this is the way to go. It started with the Chapman/Miller trades and calling up Sanchez, Judge and Austin.

Judge has a ways to go with his approach. Sanchez is here to stay. Austin can be a solid 4th OF/backup 1B to a returning Bird.

Hoping they move Gardner, and even Ellsbury somehow but I know Jacoby is gonna stay put.

MLB is grown men playing a kid's game. Good to see that even with the distractions of fame, fortune, and all the other things that come with playing at the highest level, someone can be so filled with joy while playing the game. It's only the kid's second year and he's already rising to the cream of the crop, but I hope he never loses this joy. It's fun to watch.

Well said DsLee DsLee . It doesn't hurt that Bryant is already one of the best 3B in the league (alongside Machado and Arenado) at his age.

MLB is grown men playing a kid's game. Good to see that even with the distractions of fame, fortune, and all the other things that come with playing at the highest level, someone can be so filled with joy while playing the game. It's only the kid's second year and he's already rising to the cream of the crop, but I hope he never loses this joy. It's fun to watch.

Thought the same thing watching it. Like a little leaguer the way he was cheesing lol. Thats one reason why i love baseball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom