2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget, did Braun end up getting caught after all the years denying?

And Bonds/ARod have to be out on two different levels right? I mean ARod got caught, Bonds didn't.

I also love how the steroid cloud mostly follows guys who hit homers.

Bagwell never tested positive for anything, but he hit homers so he must have been taking roids!

Biggio didn't hit homers, so he's clean!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forget, did Braun end up getting caught after all the years denying?

And Bonds/ARod have to be out on two different levels right? I mean ARod got caught, Bonds didn't.

He did for testosterone. I dont remember him denying it for years though even if he was doing it for years. He took it for recovery I read. Thats why he raked that year he won mvp and in the playoffs. Never needed a day off. Kemp should of got mvp after that.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. Give a wing to the steroid era annotating it. Don't hide from history embrace it.

The baseball writers won't let that happen. I seriously can't stand those guys either, except Olney, Stark, Kurkjian, and sometimes LeBatard.

sounds harsh to say, but they'll die out eventually :lol:
isnt there a statute of limitations to be eligible?

steroids saved baseball. don't even care
no damns given. That home run chase was great.

I don't understand why getting caught and not getting caught makes a difference. Bonds was clearly using and didn't need to.

Someone leaked Alex's name the first time and then an angry employee told on him and others the second time. So even afterwards, he didn't fail a test. Just like the rest of the players that are using stuff. It's real rare to fail a test because of how easy it is to get around.

I heard a writer say that the writers are getting younger and the older ones are gonna be gone real soon. He said most of these young guys grew up on the steroid era and thinks they'll start getting in.

For the record, I think Vlad did some **** too.

You can walk in the Dominican equivalent of a Walgreens are buy steroids over the counter like its Advil :lol:

Yeah, I don't get it either. You only did it if you got caught or admitted to it? There were like 20 players on that list that had been passing drug tests for Biogenesis. It's so easy to pass those tests. I don't think people realize how many were on them and how little it helped certain stars.

Selig knew about it and loved it. He wanted it to continue.

Last edited:
Tyler Austin & Aaron Judge both made their major league debut today.

They hit back-to-back homeruns on their 1st At-Bat each.

Doubtful that has happened before.

Agreed 100%. Give a wing to the steroid era annotating it. Don't hide from history embrace it.

This is dumb, if you give a wing to steroids, their better be a wing beside every other form of cheating that has existed in baseball.

We don't annotate Babe Ruth for only playing against white people and we don't annotate Hank Aaron downing amphetamines like M&M's, we shouldn't annotate A-Rod.

Last edited:
^^^Cause everyone did ****
laugh.gif

Griffey Jr. was doping?
I don't understand why getting caught and not getting caught makes a difference. 
Uhhhh.......umm......yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa nevermind

Griffey Jr. was doping?
Uhhhh.......umm......yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa nevermind
how you know he wasn't?

this is why it's a waste of time.
I don't. 

But it's surely a lot more reasonable for me to say, not everyone was doping, than it is for dudes to say Everyone was doping.

Like, one person gets caught, one person doesn't, and dude asks what the difference is. 

I don't understand why getting caught and not getting caught makes a difference.

see NE Patriots....crucified for getting caught doing things every team does only because they were the ones that got snitched on :lol:

getting caught is everything

and not saying it makes the decision to hold Bonds out OK. but that's just the way it works. you don't get caught, you're assumed clean. get caught, and you're dirty.

Last edited:
Griffey wasn't doping :lol:
How do you know he wasnt? What a trash argument :lol:

It's really not though. It doesn't just apply to Griffey. It applies to everyone. At that time, it was just the culture of baseball for everyone to be taking stuff. It wasn't even looked down upon amongst the players, it was the norm.

Griffey was and always has been my guy. i do think he was clean. BUT...if it came out that he wasn't clean, it wouldn't surprise me given that it's baseball in the 90s and 00s. and it wouldn't change my opinion of him at all. not. one. bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom