2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost lost it when someone mentioned Felipe Rivero going to the Nats and someone else said "Philip Rivers?" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Reynaldo walked more than 1/2 his batters  a lot of hitters in SF.

Loaded the bases twice for Nunez.

Single handedly ended the Nunez mini slump, way to welcome him to SF and get those guys back on track, Reynaldo.

Last edited:
I have NO idea what's up with the giants 
sick.gif

Reynaldo walked more than 1/2 his batters a lot of hitters in SF.
Also struck out 9 though. Good with the bad. He's 22 and the Nats were aggressive with his call-up. Pitched like 11 innings in Triple-A before his debut in the majors. Lopez isn't elite like Giolito will be, just a notch below. Tremendous life on his FB, power curve complements the FB well. All about mechanics and command with Reynaldo Lopez. Plus improving his changeup.

Goodbye Mark, good luck in Wash
Only has 5 career saves but Tony Watson has been lights out in Pittsburgh's 'pen for like 4 years now.

Braves nearing deal for Matt Kemp
At 31 years old, does Kemp make sense for a rebuilding ATL? Matty's one of my favorite players but Braves are not a fit. Should be going to a contender for the tail end of his prime. "Bison" byke.

At 31 years old, does Kemp make sense for a rebuilding ATL? Matty's one of my favorite players but Braves are not a fit. Should be going to a contender for the tail end of his prime. "Bison" byke.
Sorta. His $20 mil a year contract will expire when the Braves prospects are starting full time in 2019 most likely.

Last edited:
Lopez shouldn't be up right now. I think Rizzo has him up here to get some big league experience before putting him in the pen to limit his innings in September. Not ready to be a starter in the bigs yet. Has the stuff, command isn't quite there.

Pirates seem to have good luck getting closers developed. Agree that Watson has done so well in the 8th he should be fine going to closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom