2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

When it's all said and done they gonna need to make a movie about Melo's redemption with the Knicks 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Gre8est Break down Seraphin, please give us some insight.
laugh.gif
 Not an expert on Seraphin by any means, but followed him a little bit as a draft prospect (1st round pick in 2010) and had him on my fantasy team for a couple of minutes a few years back.

As far as I know he is a hyper-active big man who runs the floor extremely well and is a great shot blocker. I feel like I heard his his nickname is the "Flying Frenchman" from some of my DC friends, but I might be making that up. 
laugh.gif

Besides his athleticism, he is very limited offesnively and he is also a bit undersized at only 6'9 but he makes up for it with his athleticism and his wingspan.

He is also only 25 years old and I just stumbled across an article about him which I found interesting. Dude seems to be eager to start in the NBA. I am not sure if he will be able to do that here in NY, at least right away, but he should get minutes here and it makes me think that he prioritizes getting PT first and foremost right now so he can improve and maybe make more money in his next contract. Which is likely why he chose us over other teams that might have been calling.

If he does improve playing here it would definitely work out best for both parties as he brings another defensive minded big body who could definitely make the team better, and would also earn him a larger pay day next time around, as he only signed with us for 1 year $2.8 million.

Here is the quote about him wanting to start. I like what he had to say. Makes me think he is eager to improve. Obviously there is more to improving than being eager, but a good sign nonetheless:
“I definitely want a chance to be a starter,” Seraphin, who matched his career high with 79 regular-season appearances but didn’t start a game for the 46-win Wizards, told CSNwashington.com. “I definitely want to be somewhere I have a chance to be a starter.”

“If I really want to learn — it’s easy to say, ‘Yeah, stay on the bench’ — but in basketball or any sport it’s best to be on the court,” said Seraphin, who averaged 6.6 points and 3.6 rebounds in 15.6 minutes per game and came into camp at about 20 pounds lighter at 270. “The first John Wall I saw in my life, remember that was the game in Philly the first game, he wasn’t the same John as right now. It’s because he played all those years and everything. He learned. He became a better player. I remember the John who used to run, get charges all the time. Now he controls the game better. He became an All-Star because he had the talent, he had the opportunity and everything. That’s basically what I want. I want to play. I really want to play and have a chance to prove what I can do.”
article is from May http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-man-kevin-seraphin-wants-to-start-somewhere/

Fills a need at a low price tag. Overall I'm for it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight, Ilike the attitude. Another positive addition attitude wise to what we want to accomplish here.

So what happened with Ndour? Why didn't we sign him?

I was abroad for two weeks with little to no internet service or communication with the outside. Got back Sunday and readjusting to the "normal" life :lol:

Also just looked it up, the year I must have owned him in fantasy must have been 2012, when he started 21 games for the Wizards. Keep in mind that he was 22 at this time, and his reduction of playing time doesnt necessarily mean that he has regressed as much as it is probably a product of the Wizards acquiring Nene/Gortat since.

But during that season, as a 22 year old, he averaged 14.1 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 0.9 APG, 0.6 SPG on 53% shooting from the field and 71% from the line as a starter. It was a couple years back so I wouldnt take it for more than it's worth, but this kind of production along with the confidence he has in himself (wanting more minutes and thinking that more minutes will give him the opportunity to get paid more down the road) could serve as a solid indication that he is capable of producing for us given the PT.

He has also produced very solid per 36 minute numbers since that time. Again, stats dont mean everything, but it's a solid indication of what to potentially expect if he fits in.

Last edited:
still wish i whipped it out for this chick when we were alone in a bathroom in AC but what are you gonna do papi can't live in the past

:rofl: :nerd:

So what happened with Ndour? Why didn't we sign him?

I was abroad for two weeks with little to no internet service or communication with the outside. Got back Sunday and readjusting to the "normal" life :lol:

Mavs offered him more guaranteed $$

I'm telling you man, all these players we've added have their strengths, but they have huge limitations that are going to be exposed some nights and lose us lots of games.

We're not gunna be good, but I just hope we see that brand of basketball Phil envisions for us, and we play an intelligent team-orientated style. And that we play hard. If we do that I'll watch even if we suck and these limited *** players frustrate me by sucking at the same things night in and night out :lol:

Last edited:
What if the combination of these guys help Melo excel?? Shouldn't that be the goal anyway? We don't need these guys to carry heavy scoring load, just do you job, make the right passes, play good d, grab rebounds, and let Melo go to work and get out of his way when we need to score.

What if the combination of these guys help Melo excel?? Shouldn't that be the goal anyway? We don't need these guys to carry heavy scoring load, just do you job, make the right passes, play good d, grab rebounds, and let Melo go to work and get out of his way when we need to score.
Seriously, I know it is a long shot but is this team definitively worse than the 2013 Knicks were? That's how I view things. Less about individual strengths/weaknesses and more about how they fit around/cover for Melo's strengths/weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom