2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Yeah I honestly wouldn't even take Rondo for that hypothetical 2/$10 mil contract.

If he couldn't work with Carlisle and his offensive system, that honestly isn't a terrible fit for him on paper, then I definitely don't see him working with a much younger/inexperienced coach in Fisher trying to fit in an offense which he fits terribly on paper.

I mean I am all for giving players with character issues second chances if they have the game to make up for it. It is a move that paid dividends for us with Sprewell and normally I would be all for going after Rondo if he came on the cheap. But the fact that Rondo is the coach killer/cancer to team chemistry that he is, and then you add to the equation bringing him on to a young/impressionable team in the midst of a culture change just looks like it would be nothing but disastrous. Rondo wouldn't want to play within the triangle because it doesn't fit his skill set, which would probably lead to a divided locker room and a group of players probably rebelling against Fisher, and ultimately just ending in complete and total disaster. The Knicks are already severely lacking in the right personnel/talent department, we definitely don't need to add chemistry issues on top of that because despite the terrible season we just suffered at least it seems like the players are all united under Fisher and trying to play together and win under his leadership.

Basically Rondo's poor fit in the triangle offense scares me away from him a lot more than his recent incident in Dallas. I didn't even want the Knicks to pursue Rondo before this whole mess. But now, after seeing what has happened in Dallas, on a talented veteran team that has mostly all been to the top of the mountaintop, playing for a coach who is smart and has been there as well.

To even think about bringing Rondo to the media circus that is playing in NY, playing under a second year head coach under constant scrutiny who's system he fits almost the exact opposite mold, on a young impressionable team that does not know how to play together or win yet, I wouldn't even go after him for the minimum. It would only hurt this team and especially Fisher's development as our coach.

Last edited:
rondo was fine with kg and pierce in boston. i mean he still had an attitude problem, but he was pretty tame. now hes too full of himself and only wants hit his way. i mean if you cant play for carlisle, then who can you play for? carlisle has basically not offense scheme and just goes with the flow of the game, which is perfect for the pg like rondo, so thats saying something.

like-a-virgin.jpg

LaMarcus Aldridge: I'll Cross That Free Agency Bridge Later On
APR 30, 2015 12:45 PM

The Portland Trail Blazers were eliminated from the playoffs in Game 5 and they face an uncertain offseason where LaMarcus Aldridge will decide his future.

“I’ll cross that bridge later on,” Aldridge said when asked about his impending free agency.

The Blazers' playoff chances were severely compromised when Wesley Matthews ruptured his Achilles.

“Things were looking like we were going to take over the West,” he said.

“We were one of the top offensive teams in the league,” Aldridge said. “We never found that rhythm. That’s disappointing for us because we know this team is a lot better than what we played.”

Aldridge is expected to draw interest in free agency from the New York Knicks, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.

idk what that quote means or if i should even post this in here, but wtf

@JohnnyRedStorm

Would you be able to recommend me a book or two on the ins and out about investing in the stock market ?

Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
William O'Neill's book
Brian Shannon's Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
Jesse Livermore's book

Just know everything is about risk management in that industry and the market is always right and you're the one that's wrong occasionally.

Last edited:
@JohnnyRedStorm

Would you be able to recommend me a book or two on the ins and out about investing in the stock market ?

speaking of which...where the **** is hank :lol:

but about alridge, hes not coming here. hes gonna go to san antonio or dallas. hes a texas boy.

idk what that quote means or if i should even post this in here, but wtf
Aldridge is gone. Don't think he is coming here though.

Speaking of Investing, the company I work at (Wall Street broker-dealer located in Midtown) just hosted a major charity day on Tuesday. A lot of athletes and celebrities came. I was obviously most interested in the Knicks and I met a couple of ex-Knicks (no current ones unfortunately. Melo came the past couple of years but wasn't there this year. I started this past year back in October so this was my first one), but I met Starks, Oakley, and Houston, which was very cool.

When I met Houston I said to him, "Listen to me, Towns or Russell."

Once it processed in his brain what I had said to him and what I was talking about, his facial expression went from slight confusion to a little smirk and he responded with a little bit of laughter in his voice, "I don't know man, we need some size." I laughed back a little bit and told him something along the line of, "Obviously you draft Towns if you get the chance but trust me don't draft Okafor. We don't need another big guy who doesn't play defense. I know that you don't know me and have no reason to trust me but I am telling you, if you get the chance draft D'Angelo Russell. You will not regret it. I promise." After that he laughed and was just like "Aight man, thanks for that."

Then I told him no problem and it was nice meeting him and good luck with everything and all that ****. Then he left. I mean I didn't get to sit him down and hit him with a whole GR8 rant or anything but I think he got the point.

If Knicks do draft Russell and he turns out to be as good as I think he will be consider me like the burning bush that spoke to Moses. 
pimp.gif

Overall it was a pretty cool event though. I spoke a lot with Rick Dipietro, the ex-Isles goalie who now is on ESPN radio with Alan Hahn. Probably hung out with him more than any other athlete/celebrity there.

Nobody really knew who he was so he was just happy to have somebody notice him and he happily chatted with me for 20-30 minutes or so about the Knicks and all that **** when I had some free time. He told me that him and Hahn both think that the Knicks should trade the pick. He said that he thinks the Knicks could easil get a player who would really help them win now more so than a rookie, and mentioned that he thinks the Knicks would have a shot to trade for Durant if the pick is high enough. I told him that I didn't think that was realistic, and even if it was I would still potentially want to keep the pick as I think Melo/Durant might sound good on paper but in reality would likely be an unmitigated disaster and Durant would probably leave next summer like Dwight did to the Lakers. But all in all he was a very cool dude who I enjoyed kicking it with a lot.

I saw this article in the Post today and it actually mentions in the article that the quotes from Oakley were from the Charity Day:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Oakley questions Carmelo’s superstar status[/h1]
By Zach Braziller

April 28, 2015 | 5:03pm

Modal Trigger
oakleymelo.jpg

Photo: Charles Wenzelberg; AP

[h3]MORE ON:[/h3][h6]NEW YORK KNICKS[/h6]
[h5]Pablo Prigioni on his escape from Knicks hell[/h5][h5]Bargnani too good for Knicks? 'Would like to win a ring'[/h5][h5]Knicks may land power forward Jackson whiffed on last year[/h5][h5]Billups: Carmelo not enough of a leader for Knicks[/h5]

Charles Oakley isn’t sure the Knicks can build as championship team around Carmelo Anthony.

The rugged former fan favorite said the Knicks need a complete overhaul, and isn’t sure what the team has in the $125 million man Anthony now that he is 30 years old and coming off left knee surgery.

“Is he still a superstar or is he going to be a complimentary player?” the 51-year-old Oakley said Tuesday during BTIG Charity Day on the East Side. “You win [17] games, I don’t know. He made the All-Star game. He played on the All-Star team, but he didn’t play during the season.”

When told Anthony makes superstar money, Oakley scoffed.

“I didn’t give him the contract,” Oakley said. “He won a championship at Syracuse. What’s the potential? They give a lot of people $100 million.”

Oakley saved his most venomous comments for owner James Dolan, who won’t even shake his hand, according to Oakley.

“I think that’s embarrassing. … I can’t even get a ticket to come to the Garden,” he said. “Who’s been saying what they should be doing the last 15 years?”

Back
Top Bottom