2015 Mercedes Benz C-Class * S-Inspired - Coupe Pics *C63 Officially Released*

That is why I am saying if it is purely based on price increments, then you can easily talk yourself up there if "a few more grand" is all it take to get to the next tier. My example isn't jumping from CLA to S but if people actually take that way of thinking literally then getting to an S isn't a problem.

I do get what you are saying, that there are price restrictions and that is why people can't go up to the S< I made that example ridiculous to prove my point. All I am saying is just because people say that doesn't mean they can and should be compared to each other (C to E) just because the price overlaps each other. I

t's pretty much the same thing people saying "why not get a loaded Camry/Altima than a base entry level luxury sedan?" and those guys would argue on the other end of your argument. I also think people shouldn't compare a Camry/Altima/Accord to the IS/C/3/A4.

Now I am not saying it is normal to pay $50k for a CLA, no jabs at anyone but I think it is pretty ridiculous to pay $10k on things that aren't even an option on the car but just services and maintenance but hey, it's not my money.
Point taken.

I was just being lazy trying to show my point, but youre right.

The C can NOW be compared to the E because they are now both fighting for the same class. The CLA is meant to replace the C as a compact sedan or coupe. The C has gotten bigger about the same size as the E. The C400 also comes with the same engine. They also have the north facing star for the luxury package. These 2 can now be compared. Again, before anyone comes in talking about the car please go see it or go to the website. The car has been totally redesigned so when I now speak of the C I am not talking about the 2014 model I am speaking of the 2015 model. Therefore, again as it stands the 2015 C is better than the 2015 E. It comes with more features and for a better price. It also looks better. Like a smaller S.

Benz > anything else B. Don't eem argue with these clowns

Ehhh, depends on what you want in a car.

They offer very nice luxury vehicles but they've been known to not be the sportiest among the big 3 in Germany.

Recently driving to dynamics have gotten better but they still trail bmw and Audi imo, also they still don't offer a proper manual gearbox.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the new c class and can't wait to drive it

Benz > anything else B. Don't eem argue with these clowns

Ehhh, depends on what you want in a car.

They offer very nice luxury vehicles but they've been known to not be the sportiest among the big 3 in Germany.

Recently driving to dynamics have gotten better but they still trail bmw and Audi imo, also they still don't offer a proper manual gearbox.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the new c class and can't wait to drive it

I don't think Audi comes close to Benz in any of their models IMO.

Audi will always trail Benz and Bimmer

I don't think Audi comes close to Benz in any of their models IMO.

Audi will always trail Benz and Bimmer

I was thinking the same thing. I love the A5 and the A7 looks dope but if you compare the A5 to the new C and the A7 to the CLS they are losing big time. Also, the S Class Coupe will beat ANY CAR in the German market. ANY CAR.

I was thinking the same thing. I love the A5 and the A7 looks dope but if you compare the A5 to the new C and the A7 to the CLS they are losing big time. Also, the S Class Coupe will beat ANY CAR in the German market. ANY CAR.

Of course, the s class is king of that segment. I don't think anyone else can argue that.

Alot of their other models have been pretty boring however.

They've recently gotten better but they've always had numb steering and crappy slush box automatics. BMW and audis have always had better fun cars and me being young I want pleasure in driving. The 3 and the A4 imo has always been better in the C, not to mention always have had a better aftermarket and way cheaper to mod. With the new c coming out and the b9 a4 around the corner we will see.

I not hating on mb at all, I've always like them and give them a lot of credit for innovation over the years

Last edited:
those that are mad about getting a car then seeing the new model come out. Why didnt you do your research about a model refresh or the next years model before going to the dealer? :lol:

Okay maybe i spoke too soon that S7!!! Damn. Just saw one at best buy. I would buy that before a CLS lol

I don't know if I would say the C and E are close to the same size unless the loaner I was given was small.

The C Class loaner I was given when I took my car in for service was tiny and materials just felt cheap. The leather was good though, and felt sturdier than the leather in my car.

The E350 I had on the other hand was huge and handling was better than the C IMO.

I don't know if I would say the C and E are close to the same size unless the loaner I was given was small.

The C Class loaner I was given when I took my car in for service was tiny and materials just felt cheap. The leather was good though, and felt sturdier than the leather in my car.

The E350 I had on the other hand was huge and handling was better than the C IMO.

The 2015 is bigger than the loaner you were given.

Lol obviously some of you arent into cars. Benz being a luxury brand is just a marketing strategy they use in the US to sell cars. The same C, E class you guys see here are basically taxis in other parts of the world. Like Ford Crown Vics are here

This is a C class thread.
taxihpim1775.jpg

The C can NOW be compared to the E because they are now both fighting for the same class. The CLA is meant to replace the C as a compact sedan or coupe. The C has gotten bigger about the same size as the E. The C400 also comes with the same engine. They also have the north facing star for the luxury package. These 2 can now be compared. Again, before anyone comes in talking about the car please go see it or go to the website. The car has been totally redesigned so when I now speak of the C I am not talking about the 2014 model I am speaking of the 2015 model. Therefore, again as it stands the 2015 C is better than the 2015 E. It comes with more features and for a better price. It also looks better. Like a smaller S.

Go look everywhere else and the C is still a compact sedan and the E is a mid-size and if we really are going to be technical, Benz considers the CLA a coupe. And since you love using the MB website as a reference, I'll use that against you, GO LOOK AT IT, GO!!!! You keep telling people to do that.

But in case yoou're lazy, here it is on MBUSA listing the CLA as a coupe. It is also listed in the sedan category though but the point still stands.
View media item 1136262

These brands have been sharing their engines for a very, very long time. If you are using it as an argument as if it is some new and innovative way to compare cars then you really are hopeless. The 3-Series shares the same I4 Twin-Power Turbo as the Z4 and the X1 so i guess those can be compared to each other right?

And speaking of CLA, it is a front wheel drive "coupe" and guess what! It share the same Turbo I4 engine as the C300!!!!! Holy ****!!!! So I guess the two are in the same category with your logic? But wait, if the CLA is the same category as the C and the C is the same category as the E because you compare both, then I guess the CLA can be compared to the E because CLA shares the same engine as C300 and the C400 shares the same engine as the E350! Mind blown!

As for size, you act like the E class did not get bigger from it's initial inception. But hey, let's compare. C overall length is 184", E is 192.1". That is 8" difference and in cars, that is big. Width on the C is 71", on the E it's 81.5". Height on the C is 56.8" and on the E it's 57.1". Curb weight is 3,400 on the C and 4,012 on the E. Is that enough difference for you or is your defense going to be "well 10" is not a big deal!" or "weight doesn't make a difference!" but trust me, it is a big deal and 10", hell an inch difference in wheelbase makes a huge difference.

Just because the new C looks like a babe S doesn't mean it got all the standard features the S has. The new C may have a newer feature ebcause of course it is a brand new model, the current one/W212 came out in 2009 and just got a facelift in 2014, that is a 5 year gap in tech though some were updated for 2014 as well so it is exactly behind in that. Again as I typed the differences in size alone, keep in mind that this car is still technically 5 years old and when a new one comes out the difference will expand that gap even further. But since this is your argument, I'd like you to post all the standard features on both the new C and the current E to see that the C really trumps the E out of the water and that there is no difference in their starting prices ($10k gap). Go ahead, I'll wait and I'd want sources, no made up in your head BS.

Last edited:
Lol obviously some of you arent into cars. Benz being a luxury brand is just a marketing strategy they use in the US to sell cars. The same C, E class you guys see here are basically taxis in other parts of the world. Like Ford Crown Vics are here

This is the stupidest argument ever brought up yet.

:rofl:

And you claim the other people here aren't into cars?

Last edited:
View media item 1136387

Here the website also shows the CLA as a Sedan. So if you see in my post i said COMPACT SEDAN OR COUPE. I see where you said it was also listed as a sedan but your point still stands. How? LOL if Merc also lists it as a sedan what makes it less of a sedan? That question is rhetorical please dont answer it, because I truly do not want to know your logic behind it. Also, the measurements you used for the C class again is LAST YEARS MODEL. How many times do i have to say it? It has been rehashed and redesigned. It is bigger and wider. Around the same size as the E. The comparisons I am making is in size, style, and features. When I make these comparisons for myself(LOOK AT EVERY POST I HAVE PUT ON NIKETALK I ALWAYS SAY MY OPINION DOES NOT REFLECT EVERYONE ELSE.) I notice the C wins hands down in each. Dont forget to mention price where it easily wins. I understand this is NT and cats like you will go to the death to defend their posts, but again go see the car for yourself. Once you see it if you feel the same then so be it. If not okay cool too.

Also, here are some of the "key standard features" for the C and the E on the website. I see nothing that makes me want to pay 11k more for a car. The engine is the only key I see.
But for my HP heads the E350 has 302Hp with 273lbs of Torque. The C400 has 329hp with 354lbs of Torque and thats only 8k more. so still 3k less.

View media item 1136433View media item 1136434View media item 1136435View media item 1136436

This is the stupidest argument ever brought up yet.

roll.gif

And you claim the other people here aren't into cars?
By far.... 

Back
Top Bottom