• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I agree 6 months is too lenient and I admit I haven't read any of the court papers so I have zero idea about the facts if the case and I'm speaking from a position of ignorance but I also know that Texas juries in particular love to send super young dudes of color to jail for the majority of their lives without even the slightest chance of rehabilitation. So when you say "jury recommended 8-10 and judge said 6 months" I get that the judge is a Baylor homer, but I also have to mention that Texas juries aren't exactly impartial or renowned for their enlightened judgment. There's definitely a middle ground -- 3-10 years with psychiatric treatment, a degree/education program and other forms of rehabilitation. Locking up dudes isn't doing anything if they come out with the same problems they went in with.

Disclaimer: I'm anti private prisons and over sentencing, and pro rehabilitation over long term incarceration.
Ignorance isn't a good look, especially when those jurors you're insinuating are racist recommended an 8-year probated sentence.
that's fine and I admitted I didn't read that much about the case beyond seeing it on the news, I was just commenting on the people saying "judge reduced it from 8 years to 6 months and probation because he's a baylor fan." There may be more to it than that and I'm not of the opinion that a long prison sentence is automatically the right course of action.

I guess what it comes down to is, are we adding on years to sentences to punish people and isolate them from society (essentially helping anti-social individuals get more sociopathic) or are we trying to get to the root of the problem so people stop doing ****** up ****?

Also, jewbacca and tmay, is there any chance that Kyler Murray starts this year?
laugh.gif

Also, jewbacca and tmay, is there any chance that Kyler Murray starts this year? :lol:

I can't imagine him starting week 1 against Arizona State just because he's a true freshman, but from the reports I've read, it doesn't seem out of the question.

I believe Sumlin is on the record saying it's possible both QBs could play.

I could see a situation where Kyler takes the job a few weeks into the season.

It's certainly a possibility. I would prefer Allen to win the job and keep it all season, but Kyler will get meaningful snaps throughout the season.

Last edited:
It's certainly a possibility. I would prefer Allen to win the job and keep it all season, but Kyler will get meaningful snaps throughout the season.

Why do you prefer Allen to win the job and keep it?

I want our best QB playing, don't care who it is :lol:

I just refuse to believe Allen is gonna go through 20 months of getting Sumlin's system only to get uprooted by 2 & a half months of Kyler Murray.

I just refuse to believe Allen is gonna go through 20 months of getting Sumlin's system only to get uprooted by 2 & a half months of Kyler Murray.

Has there ever been an incoming freshman like Kyler though? :lol:

For a dual threat QB, he's a very polished and mechanically sound thrower. Kyler is light years ahead of where Manziel was as a thrower at this point.

From the videos of practice I've seen, it looks like he throws better balls than Allen. However, it could be completely different in a game.

Either way, the Aggies look like they're in good hands at QB. It's just time for the defense to not be awful :lol:

Last edited:

Has there ever been an incoming freshman like Kyler though? :lol:

For a dual threat QB, he's a very polished and mechanically sound thrower. Kyler is light years ahead of where Manziel was as a thrower at this point.

From the videos of practice I've seen, it looks like he throws better balls than Allen. However, it could be completely different in a game.

Either way, the Aggies look like they're in good hands at QB. It's just time for the defense to not be awful :lol:

My opinion but I've said before if Murray wins the job I think it's more of an indictment on Allen than Murray just beating him out. I personally think all QBs should redshirt or have a year as an understudy, or maybe even be a early enrollee which a lot of coaches push these days. But I know that's not the case with A&M only having 2 QBs on ship.

Last edited:
My opinion but I've said before if Murray wins the job I think it's more of an indictment on Allen than Murray just beating him out. I personally think all QBs should redshirt or have a year as an understudy, or maybe even be a early enrollee which a lot of coaches push these days. But I know that's not the case with A&M only having 2 QBs on ship.

I can agree with all of that.

I think we technically have 3/4 scholarship QBs now, but we're in trouble if anyone other than Allen or Kyler plays :lol:

It was reported a while ago that Kyler's dad wanted wanted him to redshirt, but I think the QB situation won't allow that.

Last edited:

I can agree with all of that.

I think we technically have 3/4 scholarship QBs now, but we're in trouble if anyone other than Allen or Kyler plays :lol:

It was reported a while ago that Kyler's dad wanted wanted him to redshirt, but I think the QB situation won't allow that.

Man no telling what daddy Murray muzzled from Sumlin. They ain't too fond of each other that's for sure.

Also here's a stream of the Long Beach Poly vs. Centennial game for those looking for some football tonight

Malik Henry is playing for Poly? Ruh roh Dre.

Last edited:
Sarkisian got ****ed up at USC's annual booster party and embarrassed himself onstage.

Hmm.
That's the rumor. No confirmation from any official sources. The phrase was "a lack of decorum."

A poster from a forum I lurk: "We just got home. Sark was drunk. He was slurring his words, and even dropped an F-bomb during his initial introduction of the team. 'They' pulled him after a while."

To be fair though, dude had like 10 posts and may be a troll. No one respected has said anything yet.

EDIT/UPDATE from Pete Arbogast:

"Sark got up and was especially enthusiastic about this year’s team, using unusual candor and color to describe his feelings about some opponents and his squad.

The assistant coaches were equally inspired. Captain Kessler addressed the crowd just before Conquest and fireworks sent us all home happy.

Two weeks to go."

Last edited:
My biggest problem with the Ukwuachu sentencing is the fact he raped this girl and apparently told her MULTIPLE times "This isn't rape. You can't call the cops for this."

The dude knew exactly what he was doing. He's got a history of violent behavior towards women and people in Waco, it seems, tried to cover this up for him to protect him.

Eight years was probably a bit much. But six months for a repeat violent offender towards women? Yikes.

Last edited:
@Lyssbliss21: The awkward moment when Sark is too drunk to do his final speech... #SalutetoTroy2015 [emoji]9996[/emoji]

@FightOnRob: Coach Sark just said Arizona St, Notre Dame, and Oregon suck!

@HighwayWitch: @uscpsycho ...you missed it...Sark is wasted!

@katietsully: Drunk sark just told my dad a joke about a dildo so basically goodbye world I can't handle life RN I quit what did I do to deserve this

Alyssa Wren ‏ @ Lyssbliss21 2h 2 hours ago University of Southern California
The awkward moment when Sark is too drunk to do his final speech... # SalutetoTroy2015 [emoji]9996[/emoji]

usc psycho uscsyco ‏ @ uscpsycho 2h 2 hours ago
So I hear Sark had a few too many shots of @ fireballwhisky before taking the stage at Salute to Troy. # USC

John ‏ @ TrojansSJB 38m 38 minutes ago
@ uscpsycho it was a compete embarrassment to all Trojans!

Wendy Dunn ‏ @ HighwayWitch 2h 2 hours ago
@ uscpsycho ...you missed it...Sark is wasted!

usc psycho uscsyco ‏ @ uscpsycho 1h 1 hour ago
Someone hit me with a video of Sark dropping an F bomb tonight at Salute To Troy. I need to see that!

Someone's personal account from 24/7 SC forum:

"I was there and everyone at our table could not believe what we were hearing. He was totally slurring his words and finally dropped an F bomb after which he did not return to the stage. We were next to the Kessler's family table and Cody and his girlfriend had shocked looks on their faces. Cody ended up closing the event with a great final speech to the audience (2500 in attendance) with the entire team on the stage behind him. I saw Haden speaking animatedly and walking off quickly with Peter Sirmon. Also saw Nikias in the mens room and he appeared embarrassed and upset. Sark may have gotten away with this in front of a small booster group of guys, but to pull this stint in front of such a large group including the school president, AD, big donors, players and their families along with other fans with their kids is pretty unforgivable."

Sark's the same frat bag as Kiffin with a better attitude, nice.

Just read: "Kettle-bell vs. Ketel One Game" Someone's clever.

Back to football-related tidbits:

USC's Scout writer LIndsey Thiry had a Q&A and this was one of her questions and answers:

You’ve been to both camps, who is the more physical team and had the more physical practices, USC or UCLA?

— Crunch Time Trojan, @CrunchTimeTroy

The short answer: UCLA.

USC Coach Steve Sarkisian has talked about instilling more of a “bully” mentality on defense.

But UCLA is playing with it.

The Bruins looked very physical during live drills.

UCLA Coach Jim Mora emphasized the word "violent" several times when he spoke with the media about how his team practiced.

The description fit.

Last edited:
Nah, there was a photo of Sark at the end of the event with alums and current players. He wasn't dragged out. It also wasn't really an embarrassment the way it's being painted. He prob was wasted but most people there didn't notice. A lot of the internet talk is coming from posts on 24/7 I think then spread to Scout and other forums, but the media people who were all there were just like "Meh. It was a football cocktail dinner party. He got hyped and cursed. who cares."

On the two forums I saw it mentioned it's mostly the "anti-Sark bring back Ed O" guys who are like this is unforgivable!

But yes Cody gave the final speech.

Also this is one of the Twitter sources being quoted:

CNCZNKVWUAAuT-l.jpg

Pic taken yesterday. So, I mean...

/spin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom