• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty sure y'all gave me **** for trying to say how much of a scumbag Briles was in the past :lol:

He ain't got any friends in the Texas media to cover this **** up for him now that the story is out. Those gag orders on court proceedings only work for so long.

@TSpoonFeed: The judge sentenced Ukwuachu to felony probation for 10 years, placed him in the county jail for 180 days and 400 hours of community service

6 months in jail for rape... Wait what? :lol:

I'm hearing the judge is a baylor alum :smh:

The jury actually recommended 8 years and he reduced it to that lmao

Last edited:
From a buddy regarding the QB battle (sorry for long read):

was talking to someone very close to the OSU QB situation and this is how they broke it down for me....

"when Cardale decided to come back one of the assurances that he got was that the position battle would be wide open, with no preconceived notions of who would win, and that it would be as objective a process as you could create to identify a starter

So Coach Meyer, Warinner and Beck agreed upon a criteria where they would evaluate the guys--starting the first day that they could actually formally supervise them in practice as mandated by the NCAA. This criteria included a daily grade for how they worked out, attendance at meetings, performance on team mandated exams, leadership, etc etc etc and a very detailed breakdown of their practice performance which would include an overall grade for every rep in practice(videoed) where they would be graded for 1) accomplishing their objective on the play 2) using proper technique and then assigned an overall grade....

Now Coach Meyer has asked up until now to not see how the grading is going---as he wants to be able to reconcile what he is "seeing" and "feeling" with what the statistical model is "scoring" and "evaluating"

but from watching the other two coaches carefully(Warinner and Beck) you can pretty much draw the conclusion that the job is JT Barrett's to lose. The way they talk about his performances after practice, the way they interact with him during the practice, the way they seem to be preparing him--- all would lead one to believe that he is the guy...

and from an observer's perspective, JT seems to have clearly distanced himself from Cardale with outstanding performance all Fall---where Cardale has been a little uneven....both had had outstanding moments for sure---but JT just makes very very few mistakes---and we all know that mistakes can ultimately kill you...

and from JT's perspective, he seems to have taken the mantle of leadership to heart as who is the guy breaking down the team when they leave the field or move from station to station? its JT.....

all these things lead me to believe that barring something unforseen happening, I think JT is the guy when we line it up against VT......but I will know more after this weekend....stay tuned...."

@TSpoonFeed: The judge sentenced Ukwuachu to felony probation for 10 years, placed him in the county jail for 180 days and 400 hours of community service

6 months in jail for rape... Wait what?
laugh.gif
I'm hearing the judge is a baylor alum
mean.gif

The jury actually recommended 8 years and he reduced it to that lmao
8 years might be over sentencing, though... I'm not saying 6 months isn't overly-lenient-sentencing, and I know this dude is a scumbag, but I'm not surprised a Texas jury suggested a black dude in his early 20s do a decade in jail with no chance of rehabilitation.

Last edited:
At some point shouldn't you lose that chance for rehabilitation? How many girls do you want this kid to assault before you realize another chance isn't going to do him any good?

8 years might be over sentencing, though... I'm not saying 6 months isn't overly-lenient-sentencing, and I know this dude is a scumbag, but I'm not surprised a Texas jury suggested a black dude in his early 20s do a decade in jail with no chance of rehabilitation.

Yeah man, you nailed it. I'm sure the jury only sentenced him because he is black, rape had nothing to do with it -_-

At some point shouldn't you lose that chance for rehabilitation? How many girls do you want this kid to assault before you realize another chance isn't going to do him any good?
I agree 6 months is too lenient and I admit I haven't read any of the court papers so I have zero idea about the facts if the case and I'm speaking from a position of ignorance but I also know that Texas juries in particular love to send super young dudes of color to jail for the majority of their lives without even the slightest chance of rehabilitation. So when you say "jury recommended 8-10 and judge said 6 months" I get that the judge is a Baylor homer, but I also have to mention that Texas juries aren't exactly impartial or renowned for their enlightened judgment. There's definitely a middle ground -- 3-10 years with psychiatric treatment, a degree/education program and other forms of rehabilitation. Locking up dudes isn't doing anything if they come out with the same problems they went in with.

Disclaimer: I'm anti private prisons and over sentencing, and pro rehabilitation over long term incarceration.

Yeah man, you nailed it. I'm sure the jury only sentenced him because he is black, rape had nothing to do with it -_-
i typed a long response that essentially said "i didnt say it was just because he was black but that there's a history and cyclical nature to the long term incarceration of young black men for violent and nonviolent crimes and then a shock when they come out and are repeat offenders" but meh.

2 weeks til football!

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to call 8 years too long of a sentence for a violent, devastating crime like rape, but that's just my opinion.

I'm hesitant to call 8 years too long of a sentence for a violent, devastating crime like rape, but that's just my opinion.

I think the main point here is 6 months and 10 years probation is a joke :lol:

A slap on the wrist for rape is a not acceptable.

Right, and I'm definitely in agreement on that. I'm speaking more to Nako saying that 8 years is over-sentencing. I understand he wants to advocate rehabilitation and I am all about that as well, I think it's under supported throughout the justice system, but this is a very terrible thing for someone to do.

Last edited:
Like I said as a FSU fan about Winston read everything you can before making declarative statements about the case. I have read as much as I can about his prior history and the actions that took place that night. I would have recommended 5-8 years and making him a registered sex offender, he made a willful decision when he took away her choice that night. Also i'm a black male who was raised in Texas if that matters.

You can't operate under the presumption that everything is corrupt.

Juries are place to negate bad testimony and poor evidence. No legal system will ever be perfect.

I just honestly don't have much tolerance for criminals. If you don't want to possibly be locked up, don't put yourself in those situations.

By no means am I says lock the cell and throw the key away for everyone :lol:

I just have a whole different perspective of this because I've worked in criminal law :lol: :x

I agree 6 months is too lenient and I admit I haven't read any of the court papers so I have zero idea about the facts if the case and I'm speaking from a position of ignorance but I also know that Texas juries in particular love to send super young dudes of color to jail for the majority of their lives without even the slightest chance of rehabilitation. So when you say "jury recommended 8-10 and judge said 6 months" I get that the judge is a Baylor homer, but I also have to mention that Texas juries aren't exactly impartial or renowned for their enlightened judgment. There's definitely a middle ground -- 3-10 years with psychiatric treatment, a degree/education program and other forms of rehabilitation. Locking up dudes isn't doing anything if they come out with the same problems they went in with.

Disclaimer: I'm anti private prisons and over sentencing, and pro rehabilitation over long term incarceration.
Ignorance isn't a good look, especially when those jurors you're insinuating are racist recommended an 8-year probated sentence.

You can't operate under the presumption that everything is corrupt.

Juries are place to negate bad testimony and poor evidence. No legal system will ever be perfect.

I just honestly don't have much tolerance for criminals. If you don't want to possibly be locked up, don't put yourself in those situations.

By no means am I says lock the cell and throw the key away for everyone
laugh.gif

I just have a whole different perspective of this because I've worked in criminal law
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Not so much of a secret, but I'm a lawyer. As such, my own experiences have colored my opinions of the legal system. I don't operate under the presumption that everything is corrupt, I just cringe at the idea that "justice" is black and white.

Back
Top Bottom