Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Newsome like Baylor early, then Stidham committed to Tech and that cooled...

Probably Texas or OU.

:lol: You rang?

View media item 1133215View media item 1133218View media item 1133220

Opens Dec. 1. SU has come a long way from using Manley as an indoor facility :smh:

Syracuse, N.Y. — It's all there. The lifts and the cranes. The trucks and the excavators. The steel and concrete. It's all there, on the south side of the Manley Field House Complex where Syracuse University's outdoor track used to be.

And in some 3½ months, it'll all become something else.

"In my mind, this is a Taj Majal," said Pete Sala, SU's senior associate athletics director for facilities. "It's going to be an absolutely beautiful, beautiful facility."

He was talking this morning about the new Orange football indoor practice compound — a state-of-the-art building featuring 87,000 square feet of FieldTurf that:

Will cost tens of millions of dollars before the first blocking sled is hit,
Is scheduled to open on Dec. 1, or in plenty of time to allow Scott Shafer's club to practice for what would be the program's fourth bowl in five years, and
Should, and this is important, wow Syracuse recruits for a good long while.

"You guys know," Sala said to a group of media types who'd gathered to watch the first of the structure's 30 steel column beams get erected. "You travel around with the football team. This is commonplace now to have an indoor practice facility."

It is, indeed, an arms race out there in the world of big-time college sports, and the Orange remains all in with this new edifice that has a footprint the size of the Carrier Dome and will stand some 40 feet in height at the corners and some 70 feet in height at the center.

Sala declared that it will not only dazzle Shafer, the SU coach, and his players, but regular folks, too.

"This building, on the outside, is going to mimic Carmelo," he said in reference to the nearby Carmelo K. Anthony Basketball Center, the $19-million complex that opened in 2009. "It'll have that white block, that white wall. There will be a very large block 'S' on the front of the building that'll be orange and lit up at night.

"There is going to be a Plaza 44 out front that'll have three statues of some people I think you'll be able to figure out being called 'Plaza 44' (i.e., Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little). It'll be absolutely gorgeous when you come around that corner on Colvin Street. Absolutely gorgeous."

To get there, to get to that architectural wonder and to do so on time, some 60 workers — who, according to project superintendent Tim Kelley of the Hayner Hoyt Corporation, may be joined by as many as 30 others before the project is finished — are laboring 12-hour shifts six days a week.

"Now," Kelley said, "all we need is some good weather."

The more of that, the sooner this Taj Mahal will rise.

Just checked Miami first depth chart and I see Trent Harris is starting @ DE. Is he that good or a motivational thing for McCord and Thomas??

No one is gonna watch a friday night pre-game show :lol: :lol:

Hell I'm hung over for the game day on ESPN.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom