• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im a lousy arm evaluator i usually take peoples word on it , if you can throw the route tree inside a dirty pocket then im generally sold

Not one bit. Marcus does not impress me as a thrower in the least. And I full well recognize he'll be a top pick, but not because of his arm. Him throwing to guys open by 12 yards doesn't do it for me. When he has to throw into actual coverages, he doesn't have it. (to this point at least) I'm not saying arm strength, I'm saying actual accuracy, and standing in a pocket and whipping it around into coverages. He doesn't do that in a way that makes me think he will next level.

I don't think his intermediate passing is there yet either.

That's probably his one weakness right now, but like with everything I've seen with MM, give him time and he'll improve.

I've lived through recent Oregon QBs. Masoli was a ****** with an arm, had one read then would tuck it and run. He would make one "OH ****" throw a game, but would lob it over the hands of a TE four feet away from him.
Darron Thomas had an awkward as hell release, and every throw felt like a coinflip. His accuracy was either ON or OFF, and much like Masoli, was typically a one read guy.

MM goes through his progressions, shifts around in the pocket, and makes good decisions. He's got a hell of an arm and can make damn near any throw on the field. Polish it up, get him some work with NFL guys, and I'm confident in his abilities.

MM goes through his progressions, shifts around in the pocket, and makes good decisions. He's got a hell of an arm and can make damn near any throw on the field. Polish it up, get him some work with NFL guys, and I'm confident in his abilities.

Yeah, see, you could say the exact same things for Joey, Dennis, Masoli, etc etc. Marcus just has a stronger arm is all.

When I said last year I wanted him to come out so the Rams could draft him, that was because I was thinking he could get a spread-ish type system, on turf, short passes, screens, playactions, big TE, Tavon, etc. Not because I thought he could run a standard NFL offense. And even that Rams plan isn’t 100% safe it was just the best fit I could see for him.

Against Michigan State, look at his TD’s. WIDE open guys. :lol: Like, he could have mailed them the ball and no one was gonna break up the pass. Lick a stamp and everything. :lol:
That’s not going to be the life in the NFL, you rarely get those type of breakdowns. So when he needs to put it 17 yards downfield, with a corner, safety, and linebacker in a 5 yard window from 3 angles, and he has to be on target……… I don’t see it. Not from him. And I know for a fact that Ducks coaches aren’t preparing him for the NFL, because their system doesn’t prepare anybody for the NFL. Hence, their defensive players doing better in the league than their offensive players.

I know Gruden is going to go full drool on him, and Kiper is going to spit shine his top, and they will all label him a franchise QB, he will have all the hype, and all the pub. Then he will have to drop back 35 times a game, read the D, and throw the ball accurate within 3 seconds. And he does pretty much none of that in college. He runs a spread, play fakes, gets guys wide open and throws a pretty spiral to them. I don’t buy that next level. If you think he can elevate his game and do what Kap does, that’s fine, but I kinda wonder if you’d trade Kap for Marcus next year and have him running your 9ers. My guess is you wouldn’t, but maybe I’m wrong.

If it makes you feel better, I don't have faith in Jameis yet either.

What are major scouting knocks on Jameis (in you guys opinions of course)?

Last edited:

Yeah, see, you could say the exact same things for Joey, Dennis, Masoli, etc etc. Marcus just has a stronger arm is all.

Uh, no you couldn't, and I even said that. Today I learned that the only thing separating Marcus Mariota and Jeremiah Masoli is a stronger arm. :lol: Please.

Look, you have your own agenda and are predicting the future in here, so it's pointless to even argue.

Not sure if this was posted in here yet but the Joe Mixon vid is suppose to come out on November 1st.  I'm kind of surprised it hasn't leaked yet. 

I got Shuler. I got nothing on those other names. Waiters? Valet parkers?

Those were the QBs at Tennessee before Peyton Manning came along.

Whoever came before or after someone means jack ****.

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, no. Marcus isn't going to do **** in the NFL. I barely trust his arm in college. No chance he makes it in the NFL.

Of course, he's going to get drafted in the top 3, I have no doubts there, but he's going to suck something fierce too, I have no doubts there either. :lol:

RG3 ripped thru college. Tore it apart. And he's going to be dead real soon in Washington if something doesn't change. And MM is no where near RG at the college level.

You know this, I know you do.

You are for sure not biased

If it makes you feel better, I don't have faith in Jameis yet either.
question for you , and anyone else that keeps up with these things .. are their any possible franchise guys playing this season ? if not then who looks like the closest thing to succeeding in the league ..to me besides christian hackenberg i dont know if theres a franchise guy starting this season

There’s more to a fashionable tailgate than dressing well. Does the food spread consist of bagged chips or gourmet desserts? Are tailgaters chugging beer in a parking lot or sipping bourbon on a yacht? There’s no wrong way to tailgate, but some schools just know how to do it while looking good...

This story appeared originally at Tailgater Magazine

We’ve taken into account game day style, university fashion and elaborate tailgate décor to determine the 4 Most Fashionable College Tailgates.

4. University of Washington

The Huskies had to be included on this list because of one word: boat-gating. It’s the TV’s, drinking, crowds, and usual tailgate fun you’d expect, but on boats. How awesome is that?! The University of Tennessee also boats to football games, but Washington is surrounded by picturesque mountains, blue water, and has a closer walk to the stadium. The game day fashion won’t be as preppy as the south or show as much skin as Florida schools, but you can expect lots of purple fan gear… and don’t forget they’re on boats.

3. Vanderbilt

Vandy is nothing if not classy. Isn’t that the essence of being fashionable – a cool sophistication? The smart, attractive Commodores like most schools in the Southeastern Conference, don’t take game day fashion lightly. It’s common to see girls wearing cocktail dresses and guys wearing ties and jackets. Located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee, the preppy University ambiance borders the artistic, creative, hip neighborhoods of Music City, creating the perfect game day atmosphere. The ‘dores have delicious food, drinks, games, music, and everything you’d expect at an SEC tailgate, but tend to do it with a bit more sophistication than some of their conference peers. Keep it up, Commodores.

2. UCLA

The University of California- Los Angeles has a reputation for having an attractive and intelligent student body. College Prowler included UCLA on a list of American schools that are both “hot and smart.” Naturally, these fit, smart students living in L.A. (one of the most fashionable cities in the country) know how to dress. But how do the Bruins tailgate? At the Rose Bowl in Pasadena where the weather is perfect. You’re literally tailgating on a golf course. Don’t want to set up a tailgate? No problem! Head to the UCLA Fan Zone, jumbo TVs, food, drinks, kid zone, spirit squad and band performances, VIP areas- it’s basically a football-themed carnival/reunion/party. The Bruins know how to tailgate in style.

1. Ole Miss

Please accept our apologies for making the obvious choice, but how could Ole Miss not be #1? Game day at The Grove displays the epitome of southern fashion. When GQ magazine takes notice by suggesting you’re the “Most Stylish Tailgate in Football,” you’re doing something right. Ole Miss even ranked #9 in Women Wear Daily’s list of “America’s Most Fashionable Colleges.” They take fashion seriously and treat tailgating the same way. Tailgates in Oxford are more elaborate than most wedding receptions. You’ll find chandeliers, fresh flower arrangements, candelabras, desserts, Bar-B-Que, and more cardinal red and Navy blue than you could shake a stick at! It’s going to take more than keg beer and cowboy boots to dethrone Ole Miss as the kings and queens of fashionable tailgating. College tailgates don’t usually conjure words like sophisticated, elegant, and refined. It’s just a bunch of college kids drinking beer, right? Wrong. These universities bring something special to their game day tailgates, whether it’s boats, dresses, picturesque settings, or outdoor chandeliers, you won’t be disappointed spending a Saturday at one of the 4 Most Fashionable Tailgates. Which University do you think tailgates with the most style? Comment below and let us know who you would add to the list.

I am proof of this. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom