2015 52 Week Money Challenge

Still on it. Doing biweekly and changed it to get 2k flat at the end of the year.

Dope feeling to see that money grow :pimp:

Week 7 and 8 are in.

I get paid once a month though so I think i'll just do 1 a month doubled until that gets a bit too difficult at which point i'll go back to regular numbers.

I'm excited to see what i'll be left with. :pimp:

Keep forgetting about this already..
mean.gif
Set up Reminders on your phone
laugh.gif

Due to financial difficulties I haven't started yet but with this next check I'm in for reals.

I have the regular barclays online banking account I really like it. Interface is easy and simple to use. You can set up the automatic withdrawal from your regular bank account, or can set up a direct deposit from your job.

Only reason why I didn't go with the dream account initially is because you can only deposit a max of 1K a month and that is just too low for me. Actually now that I'm thinking about it I might just open a dream account put the max 1K in and the rest in the regular online account. Still have a few questions about the 2.5% bonus is this applied every year?

I found out the 2.5% bonuses apply only to the interest earned, not on the entire amount in the account. That along with some of the feedback I heard about barclays made me go to Ally for my account. Dream account could be nice a lot further down the line for something like a college fund if you're saving for a kid or something but I passed.

actually doing something different---- 52 weeks in a year ... so each day i save that weeks number------

example this week is week 8 , so 8 dollars for 7 days a week.... 56 dollars and so on........... will save close to 10 thousand this year doing this

more than doubled my goal so far, it's all gonna go to my harley up until may-ish or so. my goal after that will be 10K by October.

I found out the 2.5% bonuses apply only to the interest earned, not on the entire amount in the account. That along with some of the feedback I heard about barclays made me go to Ally for my account. Dream account could be nice a lot further down the line for something like a college fund if you're saving for a kid or something but I passed.
Yeah I didn't realize that. I will just keep my regular barclays saving account
laugh.gif
2.5% off of the interest only what a joke. With a max deposit of 1K/mo and max of 1K opening deposit that will not grow much over time.

actually doing something different---- 52 weeks in a year ... so each day i save that weeks number
example this week is week 8 , so 8 dollars for 7 days a week.... 56 dollars and so on........... will save close to 10 thousand this year doing this
oooh thats clever! so your saying you pay that weeks number amount every day for that week.

Formula = week # * 7 or week # + # + # + # + # + # + #

week 1 = $7 or 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 or 1 * 7

week 2 = $14

week 3 = $21

etc. etc.

smart...but i dont have money for that...

week 35 = 245

week 52 = 364

i dont make guwop like that...

but one day i will

Your total for the year would be $9646...thats amazing. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
oooh thats clever! so your saying you pay that weeks number amount every day for that week.

Formula = week # * 7 or week # + # + # + # + # + # + #
week 1 = $7 or 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 or 1 * 7
week 2 = $14
week 3 = $21
etc. etc.

smart...but i dont have money for that...

week 35 = 245
week 52 = 364

i dont make guwop like that...
but one day i will

Your total for the year would be $9646...thats amazing. :nthat:

everyday ... yeah... if i have loose bread i pay for weeks in advance as well,,, ....

i'm bout to make  a deposit right now ... i'm one week  behind ... i wish i had a roommate so i could save even more ... i'm focused though ... 

Haven't quit

Haven't fell behind

I get paid once a month though so I dont really have the thrill of seeing it go up every week :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom