2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE name="Freeze"]
Originally Posted by Freeze
[QUOTE name="Addict4Sneakers"]
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Are we even sure wear and tear is a real thing? Lebron has never had a major injury. Dirk is 71 years old carrying teams the playoffs. Meanwhile anthony Davis was out every other game. Derrick Rose and Myrie can't stay healthy. Just my opinion
it really isn't. In a lot of ways, and I mean the majority, durability is genetic. And also luck. There is preparation of course and training and forcusing on maintaining the body and nutrition, but regardless, people are still human. And some are just predisposed for injury, while other appear to be indestructable. Bron doesn't get hurt, his weakness is heat and dehydration, he'll cramp up like a sonuva *****.

Just like the theory of rest is complete nonsense. And it doesn't work anywhere near the way they make it out too.[/QUOTE]
"luck"

"predisposed"

"appear to be"

"theory of rest"

Getting all doctoriffic in here this morning, I see. 
[/quote]

I fail to see any fallacy in my post. Luck of the drawn. Somebody may do the same thing 100 times and be fine. 101, they die. Some people are predisposed and more likely to be injury prone than other. Genetics work with durability also. You have a problem with 'appear to be'? Bron doesn't appear to be a tank, but we know he's human so clearly he's not unbreakable? Rest in sports is a theory. Not the act, but in relation to how it actually works. Active rest is more beneficial than the stationary rest they prescribe to everybody. Case n point, Dwade a year or 2 ago. Dude was missing hella games, 'all for the playoffs'. Playoffs roll around, dude was a baby that didn't want to be picked up. Straight dead weight the entire time. Just think about sleep in regards to your own life. You can sleep like 15 hours tonight, You will still get sleepy tomorrow. Sports sell you on the fact that you can save rest like rollover minutes. You can just stash it and pull from it when you need it. That's not real life though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JJs07
This would be a good time for Kyrie to send out some vague tweets
laugh.gif
Do it, Kyrie.

Jokes. Infinite lulz.

[QUOTE name="JJs07"]
Originally Posted by JJs07

This would be a good time for Kyrie to send out some vague tweets :lol:
Do it, Kyrie.

Jokes. Infinite lulz.
[/quote]

omg...I would die.

just something light would kill everything.

'I promise...it goes down in the dm's...or naw...laugh emoji'

Last edited:
in short, everyone's body and physiology is different (not even taking into consideration exercise regiments and diets) so you can't compare players injuries as absolutes.

Just seent the Seth Curry highlights. Someone needs to sign Klay's uglier brother and give him another chance.

loll you know JR gotta be rolling, like 'corny dude, you doing it wrong'

i still remember that vid of bron schemin on that chick in Champs with the michaels kors watch lol

Damn Lebron...you really slidin' in DMs of IG Thots

2016 and dudes still ain't learned to let your homie tote the glock. :smh:

Lebron can't say even whatsup to a platonic friend on IG and give her court side seats without getting crucified?

Let me rephrase: I know these cats get tired. No, players shouldn't be playing 45 mins a game (Kobe wanted to.)

But some guys are flat out injury prone. I've seen lebron legit land awkwardly and windmill the next play. The same thing happen to Vince carter and he was out for the season. James Harden plays 38 mpg with the ball his hands the whole time and he's been playing 90% of the games every season in Houston. All while partying with strippers the night before. Kyrie dribbles just as much and hasn't been healthy since high school. Mario chalmers blew out his Achilles and had never played more than 30 mpg.

I think a lot of it is luck
This is fair.

Originally Posted by ill steelo
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Let me rephrase: I know these cats get tired. No, players shouldn't be playing 45 mins a game (Kobe wanted to.)

But some guys are flat out injury prone. I've seen lebron legit land awkwardly and windmill the next play. The same thing happen to Vince carter and he was out for the season. James Harden plays 38 mpg with the ball his hands the whole time and he's been playing 90% of the games every season in Houston. All while partying with strippers the night before. Kyrie dribbles just as much and hasn't been healthy since high school. Mario chalmers blew out his Achilles and had never played more than 30 mpg.

I think a lot of it is luck
This is fair.
Marathon.

Sprint.

Partying with strippers then playing basketball the next day is a horrible example of how wear and tear is a myth. 
laugh.gif

Harden will NOT be playing with the ball in his hands 90% of the time 10 years from now.

Also, there are so many different variables that go into why someone can land awkwardly one play and be fine whereas another player sneezes and gets vcarried out on a wheelchair. Ligament strength, bone structure, protection (braces, etc).

It's definitely a sign of the times with Kobe being gone. I for one won't miss him, but I can understand he was such a big name in the NBA for so long.

Laker fans got absolutely ripped off this year paying obscene money to watch literally one of the worst teams in NBA history. It was a circus that set back the Laker franchise some, but that's LA. They cater to names and care about business more than basketball which is ok - it's who they are.

Bye Doo.

Family man lebron chasing an 18 year old who is dating a Browns player. This guy secretly hates Cleveland and himself

I'm mad as hell the dubs and lakers game are on at the same time tomorrow. That means whichever one I watch, they'll be posting the score of the other one :smh:. I prefer to watch whatever and tape the rest and then watch that one without knowing the outcome. Buzzkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom