2014 NFL Draft Thread

Ah just turned on the game.

Do these scouts let it known who they are from? Wearing credentials and stuff?
ESPN just showed all the Scouts, they're all wearing team polo's.

Jacksonville sent the most scouts 
laugh.gif

Am I the only one not THAT impressed with Bridgewater...? I really don't see what all the hype is about....he's a good player but I don't see a "can't miss prospect". He's going against crappy competition for the most part and still not doing anything extraordinary. The offense they run it seems like he throws to a wide open receiver almost every time.

Again, I see good.....but not GREAT and special like I saw in Luck, RG3 and Wilson when they were in college.

So Bridge and Clowney are both "meh", by buc standards.

First ballot HOF locks for both of em now. Guaranteed.

Yeah buddy. Exactly.

Clowney's 12 tackles and 2 sacks in 5 games have really set the world on fire this year.

Your act is tired. Go to sleep.

Yes genius, college stats translate to ones greatness. Not Clowney occupying multiple blockers, or forcing offenses to be predictable going opposite his way to avoid him or rushing their throws faster than normal.

Just numbers.

Buy yourself a God damn clue.

To be honest, I haven't watched much of bridgewater..

But clowney is getting double and triple teamed.. So yea, he may not be getting sacks, but he's having an impact on the game

Yeah buddy. Exactly.

Clowney's 12 tackles and 2 sacks in 5 games have really set the world on fire this year.

Your act is tired. Go to sleep.
jj watt has 3.5 sacks in 5 games. not even close to the lead league. is there any doubt he's the NFL's best defensive player though?

Yeah buddy. Exactly.Clowney's 12 tackles and 2 sacks in 5 games have really set the world on fire this year.Your act is tired. Go to sleep.

Did you watch him last year, this year he's been dealing with nagging injuries since camp, offenses are running away from him and double teaming him, playing d line isn't about stats, its about disrupting the offense which he's been at less than 100%.

I remember when Jimmy Graham and Tom Brady were doin numbers in college. Really translated to their NFL game.

If only Ryan Leaf and LaMichael James coulda had more college stats to show their dominance at the NFL level.

Einstein. :smh:

Do you do scouting for a job or do you just take your non paid sports message board analyst position on Niketalk this serious all the time?

Never did I ever say Clowney was a "meh" player either by the way. After seeing him in the first game of the year I questioned his motor and conditioning and said he could end up like another former college defensive end that was being talked about as being the #1 overall pick a few years back (Bowers). He's been criticized since then by plenty more people in the media that get paid to do this thing we're doing for free on here.

^ I'm still amazed at jimmy graham.. I did not see this at all.. Hell, I didn't even see glimpses of this that one year he played at UM

And whatever happened to that other TE who was at UM the same time as graham?

Do you do scouting for a job or do you just take your non paid sports message board analyst position on Niketalk this serious all the time?

Never did I ever say Clowney was a "meh" player either by the way. After seeing him in the first game of the year I questioned his motor and conditioning and said he could end up like another former college defensive end that was being talked about as being the #1 overall pick a few years back (Bowers). He's been criticized since then by plenty more people in the media that get paid to do this thing we're doing for free on here.

bowers has a knee condition, and Clowney is the best prospect at end in a long time.

So now ESPN hyping, then killing a guy is new? You're confused by this?

You already see people in this thread predicting that they will tear down Teddy as we get closer. We've ALL read this book many, many times. ESPN (and their flunky followers) do this all the damn time.

Teddy, and Clowney are great prospects. Are they 11's like Elway or Luck? No. But nothin wrong with bein 9's either.

Giants and Steelers could be in the #2 conversation. Think Clowney would fail in one of those orgs? Hellllllll no. If he went to the Jags, then yeah, his fail rate increases. Org has a lot to do in a draft process.
Graham is great in Brees system, not a shock.
Graham not as good in Gabbert system. Sometimes it really is that simple.

Clowney is going to be a hell of a lot better player in the NFL than Bowers, I was comparing them more so because they were both DE's considered to be potentially the #1 pick in the draft and both have had conditioning issues that have forced them to be gassed and miss a bunch of snaps they should be in on.

And with Teddy I just said I don't this GREAT can't miss prospect that so many other people are seeing. The guy played a 4-2 unranked Rutgers squad at home with a couple freshman corners starting and finished with just two TD's and an interception, with one of the TD's not coming until two minutes left in the game that finally closed it out. This was the biggest platform he's had yet and that's the performance he put out there.

Last edited:
And his #1 receiver out as well.

USC made a living out of losing on Thursdays to unranked Oregon St. **** happens.

And if he fails, I'll blame Jax a lot sooner than him.

i wouldnt consider teddy a "can't miss" prospect

he's a high end blue chipper though and if i had to bet

i think he can be a quality starter

Clowney has been accused of taking plays off and having poor stamina, but Rotoworld found that Clowney's playing time is actually quite similar to NFL players at the same position.

In the games he has suited up for, Clowney has played in 213 of South Carolina's 272 defensive snaps this season (thanks to John Pollard from STATS Inc. for that number). Roughly 78.3 percent. Compare that to 4-3 defensive ends (what Clowney is currently playing and his easiest projection) in the NFL this season: Jason Pierre-Paul (76.3), Demarcus Ware (72.3), and Julius Peppers (78.2). Are these players "loafing" if seen on the sideline by camera crews? That seemed to be the instant conclusion during the first game of the season against North Carolina, suggesting Clowney's impact on a game instantly dropped after spending a few snaps on the sideline.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...60/jadeveon-clowney-south-carolina-stats-2013

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/9/4820338/jadeveon-clowney-south-carolina-football

Lets ease up a bit here guys.

I think the biggest problem is that ppl are hyperfocused on a defensive end. If he doesn't make a tackle or a sack then some ppl think of it as a negative when it is far from the case. Defensive Ends loaf at times, esp when the ball is not coming in their direction. What if hes being asked to play contain? Or spill? That could appear on camera to be a negative but he could be doing exactly what he's being asked to do. He isn't doing anything different, he just happens to have a friggin Hubble Telescope focused on his play this year. There is literally no DE who plays 95% of snaps and goes 100% every time. Hell, he's getting more attention not just because of the ESPN crap but because he doesn't have Devin Taylor on the other end this year. Offenses don't have to respect the other DE as much as they did last year.

It is much easier to be super focused on a RB or a QB, but a DE is a totally different animal

dre could you see clowney playing 5 tech in the NFL?

maybe wide 9 if theres a mismatch?

i dont get how the article can talk about barr's versatility

and not talk about clowney's 

Back
Top Bottom