2014 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Ron Parker-Bears dream dead! Greg Jennings cut!

An elite quarterback hasn't won a Super Bowl in 4 years.

I don't see how it's an outlier.

Last edited:
Chicago locked up the No. 7 pick with the loss.

Vikings win games they don't need to like nobody else in the NFL. I'll never forget 2011 @ FedEx Field.

Chicago locked up the No. 7 pick with the loss.

Vikings win games they don't need to like nobody else in the NFL. I'll never forget 2011 @ FedEx Field.

So you wanted them to lose to better their draft pick? Don't tell me you're part of that crowd.

Long-term fans? Yeah.

Check this out:

Jennings '12 (in GB): 8 GP, 366yd, 36 rec, 4 TD. Signs w/ MIN: 5yr/47.5m.

'13: 15 GP, 804yd, 68 rec, 4 TD.
'14: 15 GP, 742yd, 59 rec, 6 TD.

"Long-term fans?" :lol:

They're competing next year. Picking a few spots earlier won't change that. They've got their franchise Q, so they're going BPA regardless. They'll still get talent. Today's win was good for the team.

WAIT:

So: '08 Lions got the No. 1 pick for going 0-16, and used it on Matthew Stafford.

... and Stafford drops to 0-16 against teams with winning records with a loss today?

LOL.

"Long-term fans?" :lol:

They're competing next year. Picking a few spots earlier won't change that. They've got their franchise Q, so they're going BPA regardless. They'll still get talent. Today's win was good for the team.

Vikings could have gotten themselves Andrus Peat by losing a meaningless game nobody will remember, instead they'll pick 4-5 spots later and have a different future. There's also a big difference between guys like Mike Evans and Justin Gilbert (No. 7 and 8 in 2014) in comparison to a pair like Eric Ebron and Taylor Lewan (No. 10 and 11 in 2014).

Does earning a better draft pick help the Vikings situation going forward, or does beating the Bears to get that first division win... in a 7-9 season nobody will really remember... mean more to us?

Last edited:
There's differences in the player, yes, which can also illustrate that even if you have a top pick, you can still miss. You just framed it in a context to fit your argument. The Vikings will still have a great chance at getting a valuable player. There's a reason why teams don't tank in the NFL.

The taste of what next year will bring on top of not going 0-6 in the division is a moral victory that only those on the team or who have played would really understand.

Losing purposely is the dumbest concept out there and constantly disproves the notion that a higher draft pick means greater success the next year or future years (it's the back end of the draft rounds that does that). Further...it's point blank for losers to do that and instills losing as acceptable. Not sure how people can't understand this.

Last edited:
Special teams is why this game was lost and special teams is why this game even mattered in the first place.

Damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom