2014 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Ron Parker-Bears dream dead! Greg Jennings cut!

Didn't even get to watch yesterdays game and it sounds like I was better off that way.

What I took out of it was that both defenses looked good rather than the offenses looked terrible which for us could be seen as a silver lining. Kept Calvin in check as they did with Jordy. Both defenses avoided giving up big plays. Houses interception covering Calvin at the 1 turned into their safety by stoning Lacy. Both Rodgers and Stafford were being disrupted in the pocket. Most notably Peppers manhandling the tackle, sacking stafford, forcing and recovered fumble in the red zone. But surprise surprise Clay missed the 4th quarter chilling on the sideline with what I can only assume was a hamstring issue.

My issue with the offense and what's always been my only gripe with McCarthy. His stubbornness at times with trying to maintain a balanced offense. Lacy just wasn't getting anything. Series after series start with 2 runs getting nothing. On the 1 yard line I said, don't run it McCarthy don't do it, it was obvious. They run it and Lacy is stopped 3 yards in the end zone. 4th quarter less than 10 minutes, down two possessions, Rodgers is starting to click and they're stilll running it for 2 yard chunks when time is an issue. I have nothing against running a balanced offense now having Lacy, but it's like McCarthy forgets Rodgers is capable of taking over without a run game aka all of 2011. Come 3rd quarter after a half of no run game and losing, how about we become a bit more pass heavy. First down on the one yard line with no run game how about a quick throw to Jordy which has always been literally unstoppable in those situations. Losing in the 4th how about not taking the ball out of Rodgers hands at all. 6 minutes left in the game having only 7 points should never be the time to finally decide to let Rodgers go nuts.

Props to Lions for stopping Rodgers when it was needed, stopping the offense in general, and winning though. Huge win for you guys along with the entire division. Helped show Rodgers is actually not invincible in the North. Ego is in check....for now. Frustrating game but far from worried given its week 3. North looks as competitive as it's ever been in recent memory but right now, in week 3, there's no way I'll agree to the Packers being overrated or struggling as expected. Lol as expected. That kind of talk WILL put Rodgers and company in the playoffs. I've seen it happen like the last 5 years or something.

Also, wasn't able to catch Teddy, but looking forward to seeing the beginning of his era. Going to the Thursday night Vikings game in two weeks, excited to see how he will fare in primetime Lambeau :smokin

Last edited:
The black unicorn in the endzone!!!!!! 14 - nil. Bear down baby, whoooooo doggy!!!!!!!

Hell of a win for the Bears on the road. Off night for the offense, but credit to the defense for making key plays when needed. Kyle Fuller is straight balling out there.

Frustrating game to watch, but gotta take the W. Run defense was grade A tonight, but we got zero pressure and gave up too many passing yards. Losing Garza + Slauson has really affected our running game. Offense is out of sync and not having Jeffery & Marshall fully healthy is screwing us over. Hopefully we can establish a run game vs. GB next week.

And the injuries need to stop. Damn near half the roster is gone it seems.

Last edited:
The Packers offensive line has fallen apart (NO WAY), the Bears secondary will be vulnerable all season, and the Vikings, without a run game to speak of (Asiata is a good pass-catching back, McKinnon and CP for that matter are underutilized) will need to win versus Atlanta to avoid a 1-3 hole.

Detroit, like last year, has the division an arm's reach away. Would love to see them unafraid of success for a change if it can't be the Vikings.

Last edited:
Eric Ebron -- 3 receptions, 38 yards.
Kyle Fuller -- 3 receptions, 50 yards.

:smh:

During the draft I wasn't on the draft a secondary player bandwagon just because it was a "need"

However I was furious when they took Ebron because I just never liked Ebron's game.

Dude dropped way too many passes last year and it was his biggest problem in c

They should have taken Aaron Donald or even because Suh and Fairley could be done after this year.

Last edited:
Eric Ebron -- 3 receptions, 38 yards.
Kyle Fuller -- 3 receptions, 50 yards.

:smh:

During the draft I wasn't on the draft a secondary player bandwagon just because it was a "need"

However I was furious when they took Ebron because I just never liked Ebron's game.

Dude dropped way too many passes last year and it was his biggest problem in c

They should have taken Aaron Donald or even because Suh and Fairley could be done after this year.

I like the Ebron pick but man they just need to get him more involved in the offense, they aren't even looking his way which is a huge mistake for a player with Jimmy Graham type of potential.

Defense has been solid but the offense needs to step it up, and Stafford needs to still spread the ball around and sustain drives, we don't always need the big play.

I think Ebron will be fine.

Fauria is probably out for at least this game so hopefully he should be getting more reps and looks tomorrow.

It doesn't help that our RT situation has been **** the last 2 games though and we've needed at TE there to help out a lot. We really need Waddle back as soon as he's healthy enough.

Plus look at Gronk's and Graham's rookie years when it comes to receptions and yards, they weren't exactly lighting the world on fire.

I think Ebron will be fine.

Fauria is probably out for at least this game so hopefully he should be getting more reps and looks tomorrow.

It doesn't help that our RT situation has been **** the last 2 games though and we've needed at TE there to help out a lot. We really need Waddle back as soon as he's healthy enough.

Plus look at Gronk's and Graham's rookie years when it comes to receptions and yards, they weren't exactly lighting the world on fire.
Color me skeptical because Brady or Brees Stafford is not. I just didn't see the need for another "toy" especially one with apparent stone hands. There's only one ball.

Back
Top Bottom