2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly got me thinking... People were legit concerned with Dion's height and claimed that he's not fit to be a starting SG because of it. But isn't Beal smaller than Dion? Or does he get a pass because he plays next to Wall, an oversized ultra-athletic PG?

Naw just read hes playing this season, just expect him to be really, really bad

They got a less physically gifted Giannis, really long guy who right now doesnt have the skill, strength, or IQ to be playing

Reminds me a little more of Jan Vesley
I tried to defend Vesely against the bust label. But at some point, a spade was a spade.

Charlotte did add Stephenson, but Wiz are in the Southeast division and they added Paul Pierce to a playoff team that made it out of round 1 this past year. The 4-5 seed will only happen if they win that division, possible but not likely
Maybe they're a year away. I do like how Cho has constructed the roster.

Suddenly got me thinking... People were legit concerned with Dion's height and claimed that he's not fit to be a starting SG because of it. But isn't Beal smaller than Dion? Or does he get a pass because he plays next to Wall, an oversized ultra-athletic PG?
I think Beal has an inch on Waiters. Regardless, Beal is a better defender and rebounder than Waiters.

But wait, are the 3 division winners automatically the Top 3 seeds.
For instance, Cavs and Bulls are in the Central, if they both have the best records in the East at say 55 wins for Bulls 54 for Cavs,
But Wiz win the SE division with 49 wins, would Wiz get the higher seed because thy win the division, even if Cavs place second in the Central but have 5 more wins?

I think Beal has an inch on Waiters. Regardless, Beal is a better defender and rebounder than Waiters.

Man I expected Beal supporters would come back with Beal's shooting... not his rebound number! lol

And actually, just going by their profile, Waiters has an inch on Beal.

Last edited:
For instance, Cavs and Bulls are in the Central, if they both have the best records in the East at say 55 wins for Bulls 54 for Cavs,
But Wiz win the SE division with 49 wins, would Wiz get the higher seed because thy win the division, even if Cavs place second in the Central but have 5 more wins?

My understanding is that if you win a division, you are guaranteed a top 4 seeding, not top 3. So if another team in another division didn't win that division but has a better record, then I think that team is placed higher on the seeding.

Man I expected Beal supporters would come back with Beal's shooting... not his rebound number! lol

And actually, just going by their profile, Waiters has an inch on Beal.
Can't help myself, man. Beal was one of the best rebounding guards in college.

My understanding is that if you win a division, you are guaranteed a top 4 seeding, not top 3. So if another team in another division didn't win that division but has a better record, then I think that team is placed higher on the seeding.

That's what I thought too, though. Wasn't sure. Figured I'd clear that up or try before the flamed quotes go in on me for saying Charlotte has to win the division to be a 4-5 seed.

Can't help myself, man. Beal was one of the best rebounding guards in college.

I looked it up, and he did rebound pretty well for a shooting guard in college. I guess he doesn't get as many as he used to because NBA players are a lot taller and stronger in average compared to NCAA?

That's what I thought too, though. Wasn't sure. Figured I'd clear that up or try before the flamed quotes go in on me for saying Charlotte has to win the division to be a 4-5 seed.

Atlantic division is actually becoming pretty competitive, with Miami still relevant and emergence of Washington and Charlotte. Had PG24 not gotten hurt, Central division would have been another competitive division, with possibly Chicago Cleveland and Indiana placing 1,2, and 3 in East.

Emporio Armani Milan continued adding talent to its roster by signing swingman MarShon Brooks to make his Turkish Airlines Euroleague debut next

season. Brooks (1.96 meters, 25 years old) split last season playing 35 games for three NBA teams - Boston, Golden State and the Los Angeles Lakers -

with whom he averaged 4.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in 9 minutes per game. Brooks also spend time last season with NBA D-League teams Maine and

Santa Cruz. Prior to last season, he had opened his pro career playing two years for Brooklyn of the NBA, starting 47 games in the 2011-12 season and

averaging 12.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists on his way to being named to the all-rookie second team. The following year, he came off the bench

in 73 games to average 5.4 points. Prior to turning pro, Brooks had a four-year career at Providence College, being named third-team all-American in the

last of those.

Does Acquiring Kevin Love Hurt LeBron's Legacy Even More? Trying to form another BIG 3.... :nerd:

at this point lebron legacy is what it is man. Top 3 most talented ever to play the game but a shaky resume winning wise.

I agree. My question is if hes that talented why does he have to keep recruiting guys like that instead of mentoring young players n making them great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom