2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett has been eating, easily top 3 LV Summer League Player this year

watch how many people jump on the wagon this year...it was only a couple cats here last year saying he will be a good player for the cavs

he has too many tools not to be good.

now you teaming him up with Bron and Wiggins. Bron is gonna change the culture in that locker room soon as he gets there.

i still get clowned for saying he is gonna be nice, i got faith in him

watch how many people jump on the wagon this year...it was only a couple cats here last year saying he will be a good player for the cavs

now you teaming him up with Bron and Wiggins. Bron is gonna change the culture in that locker room soon as he gets there.
Well he was out of shape last year and it took him up to the end of the season to do some basic stuff
I don't see him being an all star player as his ceiling, more like a solid role player.
Good enough for the current Cavs makeup though.

Last edited:
Well he was out of shape last year and it took him up to the end of the season to do some basic stuff
I don't see him being an all star player as his ceiling, more like a solid role player.
Good enough for the current Cavs makeup though.

yea im not talking all stars and that level but he will be a very very solid player.

That's not the question I asked, nice try though.
My dude, what are you asking then? You could've easily checked previous FIBA teams to see that they're mostly comprised of non-All NBA 1st team type of players. Not sure how you took that to mean KD is not tier 1.

Take your cape off for a minute. What next, players who DIDN'T make the FIBA team aren't tier 1.5-2? Lol, come on man.

Cape? :smh:

I was asking a legit question, do we consider KD a tier 1.5/2 player. It was answered. Not sure why you cant comprehend that. I didn't ask about who's on the roster or anything else you mentioned.

Quincy Miller is one of those guys that only plays good against scrubs.

No way they move Chandler/Gallo/Foye to give him playing time.
I dont want to see gallo or chandler go and I've never been big on foye. But I know Shaw feels Quincy could maturate like Paul George since he was in Indy but that's a stretch

Lebron is still the first thing there talking about on first take

I hate that **** show but it had been off since Wednesday, what else would they lead with?

BK didn't even offer Paul Pierce a deal. That trade with Boston looks even worse. KG for two years and PP for one year :x
Billy King, such a terrible GM

When I think about it, the Russian made a mistake sticking with him instead of letting Kidd go.
I think it was in the best interest of the Nets not to offer Pierce a contract..time to go young and rebuild.

Same. Nets gambled and lost. Not sure about complete rebuild tho
You got to. You're not going anywhere with a shell of himself Derwin, JJ, old KG, and a Lopez that breaks his foot at least once a year.
chronic ankle problems chronic foot problems 1 player with no major injury history making 20 mill a year... you're not winning a ship, might as well expedite the rebuilding.

Nets weren't winning anyways. Not this year or next or after that and I'm a fan. And with so many frugal owners, who's gonna take them?
Well PHX might take another pg. Somebody would take KG just for the vet leadership, maybe Clippers :nerd:

I don't know who takes JJ's contract though. Nets would be better off buying dude out :lol:

They need to start with firing King though.

He just looks so much more relaxed/comfortable this year.

People forget that he had shoulder surgery and didn't participate in Summer League or Camp last year. Came in fat as **** and was under Mike Brown.

Bron being back along with his boy Wiggins will only make him better.

I'm ready.

Well PHX might take another pg. Somebody would take KG just for the vet leadership, maybe Clippers :nerd:

I don't know who takes JJ's contract though. Nets would be better off buying dude out :lol:

KG is going nowhere without his say so, and I doubt he demands a trade. King being wouldn't change my opinion of the team. They're my fav NBA team and I follow them almost exclusively.

I've realized they'll never win a championship at least not in the coming years. And right now I'm ok with it. Judging by the NBA's past many teams won't win either, or won't win another.

Last edited:
Most GMs wouldn't trade Wiggins

New Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt maintains that No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins isn't going anywhere, not even in a package that would return proven All-Star big man Kevin Love.

The 19-year-old Wiggins has tremendous upside, as has been evident in glimpses thus far throughout his two summer league appearances. His young legs and athleticism could be an ideal fit alongside LeBron James, and LBJ also could help him with the killer instinct many feel is lacking in his game.

However, there's little doubt that the 6-foot-10 Love would allow LeBron's Cavs to make a legitimate run at an NBA championship sooner. The skilled big man can score in the post and also beyond the 3-point line, is one of the game's top rebounders and also is one of the elite passing big men.

The 25-year-old Love averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds per game last season while Wiggins has yet to play in an official NBA contest.

We posed the question to a dozen NBA folks whether they would move Wiggins in a deal for Love. There would have to be other assets (i.e. Anthony Bennett and Dion Waiters) moved to Minnesota as well as Wiggins, but our focus was Wiggins and Love.

You'll be surprised by the results -- which worked out to be 7-5 in favor of keeping Wiggins.

Wiggins support

"Love is so overrated. He's never won," one NBA executive said. "I'd wait if I was Cleveland. I wouldn't involve Wiggins in a trade for Love."

"Kevin is a perimeter big," added one coach. "He needs to have the ball on multiple possessions to be really effective. It will be very difficult for a first-year coach to divide possessions between LeBron, Kyrie and Love."

"Wiggins is going to be really good in time," added an NBA general manager. "Right now he can shoot and defend. Playing off LeBron and Kyrie [Irving] will take a lot of the pressure off him in the present. He could become a go-to scorer in a few years."

"Star potential on rookie scale deal for four years," another GM added.

"I feel like Wiggins may only be a year or so away from being a legit contributor," one front-office executive said. "And Wiggins is cheap, so you are able to add more. Love is gonna cost a ton."

Love support

"Why wait on Wiggins when Love makes them better now," one assistant GM said. "And if you don't get Love now, he's going to be a Laker next summer."

"I definitely wouldn't want to, but might have to," one high-ranking NBA executive said. "I wouldn't want to because Wiggins has a chance to be one of the top five players in the league and you could be set for 10 years. However, I might do it because Love helps you win a title in the next couple."

"I know what Love can do. He's a proven commodity, plus his game meshes with LeBron's," one NBA scout said.

"Without a doubt. Cleveland would be a top-five team in the NBA and the top team in the East -- with Chicago and Indiana a close second and third," an NBA exec said.

"Cleveland becomes the favorite to win it all with the trio of LeBron, Kyrie and Love. With Wiggins, it's going to take time. Sure, he'll give you a terrific defender -- but now you have that with LeBron."

Young talent

Wiggins scored 18 points in his summer league debut, a matchup against No. 2 overall pick Jabari Parker. Wiggins was 7-of-18 from the field and just 1-of-8 from beyond the arc.

Parker was 5-of-11 from the field, 7-of-11 from the line and finished with 17 points and nine rebounds.

Here were some thoughts from a couple of NBA guys watching from the stands:

On Wiggins:
• Great step-back jumper.
• Very good standstill stroke from 18 feet.
• Crashes the boards like a fiend.
• Decent ballhandling skills, but must improve in that area.
• Overall, very good first showing. Sky's the limit.
"I thought he was aggressive on both ends. He's more ahead defensively than offensively. His handle needs to improve, but he attacked the rim with abandon -- which wasn't always the case this past season in college. His jumper is a work in progress, but was productive. Thought it was a good first game."

On Parker:
• Very good in the post, will be a handful to guard there.
• Was excellent in transition ... made some very difficult finishes at the rim.
• Streaky from the outside ... solid range from 15 to 18.
• Sneaky athleticism ... almost had the free-throw line dunk. I didn't know he could do that.
"He's a scorer. He pressed tonight, but made a couple of 'wow' moves. He played in a bit of a vacuum. He's much better when he's getting in a flow."

Last edited:
Cape?
mean.gif

I was asking a legit question, do we consider KD a tier 1.5/2 player. It was answered. Not sure why you cant comprehend that. I didn't ask about who's on the roster or anything else you mentioned.
My dude, my point is: why even ask if Durant is tier 1.5? He was just named regular season MVP over Bron, a player that many consider the most dominant player since prime Shaq / Jordan. Durant is either 1A or 1B in terms of best player of the world; why even ask if he's tier 1.5? It's just idiotic.

What next, you gonna ask if LeBron is tier 1 or tier 2? 

It's no hate, just a weird question for someone to ask.

Cape? :smh:

My dude, my point is: why even ask if Durant is tier 1.5? He was just named regular season MVP over Bron, a player that many consider the most dominant player since prime Shaq / Jordan. Durant is either 1A or 1B in terms of best player of the world; why even ask if he's tier 1.5? It's just idiotic.

What next, you gonna ask if LeBron is tier 1 or tier 2? 

It's no hate, just a weird question for someone to ask.

My point was why say only Tier 1.5/2 players play in the FIBA tourney when KD's name is on that list? I assumed people were considering KD being outside of the top tier which lead me to ask the question. I'm very aware of his accomplishments so the original statement made was very idiotic IMO.

No hate, we on the same page now, let's move on.

KG is going nowhere without his say so, and I doubt he demands a trade. King being wouldn't change my opinion of the team. They're my fav NBA team and I follow them almost exclusively.

I've realized they'll never win a championship at least not in the coming years. And right now I'm ok with it. Judging by the NBA's past many teams won't win either, or won't win another.
You think KG wants to stay on the Nets now? Bringing up his veto power don't matter. You get a trade to the Clippers in place and I'm pretty sure he's down for it. He only been in BK for what 2 years now. Aint really about him demanding a trade just getting on a better team if the opportunity presents itself.

Of course King isn't going in to rebuild mode anyway so not much hope for KG yet. He'll probably get fired soon though.

My point was why say only Tier 1.5/2 players play in the FIBA tourney when KD's name is on that list? I assumed people were considering KD being outside of the top tier which lead me to ask the question. I'm very aware of his accomplishments so the original statement made was very idiotic IMO.

No hate, we on the same page now, let's move on.
+1, I think I did initially say *only* tier 1.5-2 players get sent. 

#semantics #hug

doubt anyone cares, but here's an interview daryl morey did on the decision to not match chandler parsons offer sheet. basically said the contract was the most untradeable contract he'd ever seen. didn't feel confident that a harden/parsons/howard lineup would win a championship considering we'd be really handcuffed in other potential moves.

http://www.sports790.com/articles/h...6/rockets-gm-daryl-morey-talks-free-12561208/

Giggling @ Stephen A being a lifelong General Hospital fan. I always thought he was "joking" about that, nope

doubt anyone cares, but here's an interview daryl morey did on the decision to not match chandler parsons offer sheet. basically said the contract was the most untradeable contract he'd ever seen. didn't feel confident that a harden/parsons/howard lineup would win a championship considering we'd be really handcuffed in other potential moves.

http://www.sports790.com/articles/h...6/rockets-gm-daryl-morey-talks-free-12561208/

Makes sense to me. I didn't have a problem with them not matching him. Parsons is a nice player, but not irreplaceable. Dallas definitely got better by adding him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom