2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take a Broussard report with a grain of salt, but if it's true and Phil offered him the max then it's pretty much a done deal.

Can't say I'm surprised, but then again this just confirms that Melo was talking out of frustration rather than a real need to win now attitude. Can't even be mad at a man for trying to make as much bread as he can. Looks like Melo won the battle of wits against Phil, no way he was staying in NY unless they gave him a max.

Melo, think of the team, do 5/100 |I  

After taxes that wouldn't be that much better than the Chicago offer....maybe about 10 mill more

Last edited:
Yall are insane if you think Melo isnt worth the max

Prime Superstars get max salaries

According to Niketalk everybody should take paycuts for the team :lol:

According to Niketalk everybody should take paycuts for the team
laugh.gif
the owners won.....

when this current CBA expires, the lockout will be real......

or at least realer than 2011-2012

If Cleveland gave Lebron a max after that Kyrie contract, They will be playing 4 on 5 basketball in Cleveland with the Cap left for available talent

Looks like Melo won the battle of wits against Phil, no way he was staying in NY unless they gave him a max.

i don't see how this is the case at all

Phil noted several times that Melo should consider taking less if he's serious about winning. Their initial approach was that if he really wanted to win he should consider taking less to bolster that roster. Melo went touring....Phil came back with a max offer....check mate. Now the onus of winning will still be on Melo, but Phil's presence will immediately make it less of a burden....he can always turn around and say, they haven't provided me with enough talent.

There going to be a tweet soon saying the Knicks haven't even offered Melo the max.

15 minutes later Melo signs the max.

I'm catching on to you nba

i wouldnt even blame bron for leaving tbh if wade and bosh are really asking for the bread that was reported. Kinda seems like there comfortable with where theyre at with their rings and if they get back to the finals cool, if they don't  they don't. The Heat clearly cant get better with keeping both wade and bosh they're just gonna hinder the success of the team. Heat should just get rid of bosh 
tired.gif
mean.gif
 Only if he goes back to Cleveland tho will i respect the move

60 percent of all nba players go bankrupt 5 years post retirement. They will never learn how to budget their money.

Last edited:
because once you make that kind of money your lifestyle changes so its never enough.... still not an excuse to go broke but they dont got common sense too :lol:

legitimate because of his ties to cleveland, or you genuinely think that's his best option at winning a championship next season?

What would CLE have to do to clear space for Bron? If they could slide him into their current roster they would be the odds on favorite to win it all. But IDK what their cap situation is like.

legitimate because of his ties to cleveland, or you genuinely think that's his best option at winning a championship next season?

What would CLE have to do to clear space for Bron? If they could slide him into their current roster they would be the odds on favorite to win it all. But IDK what their cap situation is like.

Why would they be the odds on favorite?

I'm coming to the conclusion that nobody knows nothing and people are just throwing things to the wall to see what sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom