2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only identity and unique feature of that uniform are the shorts.  You have a cookie cutter design with the team name and numbers and the team's respective color scheme.  The picture of that Houston uniform is the exact same concept only in red and white.  Miss the days when there was a ******* raptor or a buck on a jersey.  

The Shaqtin' A Fool season finale special is on NBATV now.

From what I've heard, if lebron goes to the clips, they'd have to give up Blake. I think that defeats the purpose.
I've been hearing they would only have to give up Jordan and Dudley? 

Bill Simmons (noted Clipper fan) thought this up:

LeBron rolls with Doc and CP3 in Los Angeles — something that would only require the Clippers to trade DeAndre Jordan’s expiring deal, Matt Barnes’s expiring deal and Jamal Crawford’s deal (expires in 2016) to different teams with cap space (super-easy), then use last year’s first round pick (Reggie Bullock) and/or a future first rounder, along with $3 million of Steve Ballmer’s money (chump change!), to dump Jared Dudley (two years, $8.5 million remaining) on someone with cap space (also doable). Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and J.J. Redick will make about $48 million combined next season — if the Clips cleared everyone else (again, VERY doable), they could offer LeBron a deal starting at around $15 million. And he’d get to reinvent himself in Los Angeles, with a coach he loves, a superstar he respects and a billionaire owner who’s ready to splurge on a great team.

I doubt they try it.

Maybe if Lebron opts in for one last year, it gains steam over the next season...

Someone needs to put that in Ballmer's ear.

He IMMEDIATELY becomes LA's new favorite person. Kobe and LeBron in the same town for at least one season?

Single handedly might be the highest rated year of basketball ever on television.

Well I'll be damned. I didn't even think Lebron to the Clips was a possibility. Thought it was fans with too much time on his hands :lol: (Still may be true (cough) simmons (cough) )

Obviously, it probably won't happen but that would be electric if that happened. Blake, Lebron, and CP3 on 1 team? :wow: :wow: :wow:

Is it wrong that I kind of want to be in the draft now.. but only if you kick out rck?

A lebron homecoming would be nothing but pros for lebron

Homecoming..marketing shoes commercials etc.

Right his wrongs and I think he would be applauded for it... besides media trying to twist it to team hopping

And playing with an all star caliber pg in kyrie I think lebron can even grow somewhat for the better..it's something he doesn't have in miami

I would respect that move big time

Last edited:
All that work and they only clear 15 mill? Might as well just keep what you have and scour the league for a young 3 with range to join the mix. LeBron could take a paycut but I doubt it'll be greater than a few mill. Anything more and that's severe props for him.

The Cleveland situation looked great if Embiid was healthy but regardless, add Bron and Wiggins/Parker to that mix and you have a really nice core for 10 years. Upgrade at center, improve your team defense and you have a contender in the East. Only 3 good teams in that conference anyway.

Best spots to me are Houston and Cleveland. He could stay with the Heat, but what team are they gonna build? We're gonna retread the big 3 with Wade's legs deteriorating and Bosh becoming a 6'10'' shooting guard? What more could be added to that team? Kyle Lowry? Decent upgrade for sure but you still have holes at the 2 and 4/5 depending if you wanna play Bosh out of position or not.

I think Gilbert will burn Lebron twice if he goes back to Cleveland.
The guy hired Mike Brown twice so he's def not bright by any means. That I can't dispute :lol:

Who are the Lakers leaning toward hiring? Where does Lue go now? Does he join Fisher in NY?

Heard that the Warriors are trying to make a play for Love. Would probably have to give up Klay and Lee, but what else could they offer? Curry-?-Iggy-Love-Bogut would make a nice squad, depending on who they get to replace Thompson.

NBA Logo Moved To Back Of Jerseys To Make Room For Ads

Deadspin.com

When the Charlotte Hornets revealed their jerseys yesterday, eagle-eyed observers like Uni Watch's Paul Lukas noticed something odd—the NBA logo, which had previously appeared on jerseys on the upper left chest area, had been moved to the back of the uniform. That's an awful lot of blank space created, but worry not; the NBA knows exactly what to do with it.

The Hornets are merely the first to show off the change for next year. The NBA confirmed that all 30 teams will see the logo—the iconic Jerry West silhouette—moved to the back center of their uniforms. That'll replace the team logos that 18 teams currently have there, like the Nets' basketball logo. The front will be bare, for now.

A league spokesman called it a "stylistic move," but ads are coming.

Advertisements on uniforms are "inevitable," Adam Silver said at a sports business conference earlier this year. The association considered adding them two years ago, citing its own studies that jersey ads would bring in $100 million a year, but tabled a formal vote. At the time, the plan was to introduce ads in the form of a 2.5" x 2.5" patch, to be placed—well, exactly where the NBA logo used to be.

:smh: :smh:

CaptainSneakerHead23, IN

All 30 owners are set. Will open new thread soon as I can today.

Owners keep getting more and more ways to make money off teams and the players only get 50% of that and its gonna go down when the next lockout rolls around 
laugh.gif

Ads on the Jerseys arent really going to bug me, unless theyre crazy big I hope the Spurs dont use AT&T and go with H-E-B instead. Their commercials are hilarious.

Ads on the jersey are despicable and a spit in the face to the early legends that made nothing while building the league up. ******* owners and their greed. This is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom