2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodie Meeks gonna get buckets in DET ....

semi-srs

didn't that ***** drop like 50 on somebody this season?

excuse my ignorance fellas but im pretty new to cap limits and whatnot, but how does the luxury tax work? is there a maximum to how much teams can go over once they're in luxury tax territory?

i'm under the impression that most NBA team owners could afford to pay the luxury tax if they really wanted to sign multiple max contract type players.
"Can", but don't want to. The luxury tax penalties increase for every year you've been over the cap.

Under the first two seasons of this CBA, the luxury tax rates stayed the same as they were under the previous one. Teams paid $1 for every dollar they were over the luxury-tax threshold, and there was no repeater tax in force. As of this year, the rates of tax have changed, depending on how far over you are. These incremental ranges go from a $1.50/$1 dollar ratio from teams up to $5 million over, up to $3.75-$1 for teams between $20-$25 million over and increasing by an extra $.50 for every extra $5 million over that.

These rates are incremental. If you are $25 million over the tax, you don't pay $3.75 for every dollar you are over the tax, but instead only for every dollar more than $25 million over the tax, plus the appropriate rates for all increments up to that one. Confusing though it may be, the point is apparent: Teams considerably over the tax are going to really, really pay for it.
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/21/5126774/nba-luxury-tax-2013-repeater-chicago-bulls

semi-srs

He lit the Thunder up on national TV for 42 points

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy317  

Not only are you not accurate in your post, but you are also fanboy praising. I respect your fan loyalty.

Wade missed 28 games (not a big deal) and he averaged 19 regular season shooting 50%.

Which isn't bad (very efficient actually) BUT did you see how atrocious he played in the finals? You're not worried one bit at all? This guy was so *** it almost made the finals unbearable to watch.

Stop gossiping? Dude we're debating facts here and adding our opinion. I honestly don't think this Heat team will ever win again. With an assy finals performance like Wade produced, who's going to up the ante? Bosh? ******* Norris Cole? I give all the credit to the previous Heat teams, but literally these dudes are back to square 1.

This is why I hate the Heat/Heat fans
laugh.gif
my numbers were off from memory then. he missed 28 instead of 24..and average 19 instead of 17. and like u said...on 54% shooting. averaging 19pts on 54% shooting...but yall saying hes washed cuz he played a bad series?

again... "BUT did you see how atrocious he played in the finals?" So his entire year AND post season is erased cuz he played 4 bad games? (1 of which he did very good in) NO heat fans arent worried about wade. Thats like saying kobe or rose is washed up for having a weak season. or KD is washed up cuz of his playoffs performance? makes ZERO sense.

and youre not debating facts. again, last week, lebron leaving was a fact. you can hate the heat and heat fans all you like. I'd hate em too if they kept destroying my team and going to the finals every year...

The Heat just started being consistent fam, stop acting like they're the Spurs :smh: " kept destroying my team and going to the finals every year..."

Last edited:
people don't seriously think lebron is paying wade and bosh money for real do they? i can never tell when people are serious here.

semi-srs

hes a cheaper version of ben gordon, but jodie actually plays defense. 

i can see why they got him, he;s a van gundy type....but they really overpaid. 

he dropped 50 against the thunder

How is that, when the owners are THE business owners. They put up the hundreds of millions of dollars to make this money to begin with.

It's not hard to understand. It's actually quite common sense. The business owner is supposed to be the one making all the big money. The employees get their respectable amount of money to work. And this applies to all business's, of all kinds, all around the world....the NBA is no exception.

On top of that, these players are getting paid by the 10's of millions :lol:....people need to stop acting like they're walking around trying to figure out how to feed their families.

Sure, but make sure to ignore the owners when they cry about losing money or not wanting to spend a fraction of the money they have to build a winning, competent franchise. All these guys are making money. Especially when every single franchise could up and sell the team and triple their investment + cover any potential losses from signing players. Ignore their crying next time there's a lockout. I know last time there was a lockout, everyone was against the players, supporting rich, old white dudes that were lying about how much each team was worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom