2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first step wasn't even "lightning quick" on the college level. Damn sure isn't on the pro level.
name 10 shooting guards with faster first steps than austin rivers. every time i see him play he gets by his man with ease, he just can't finish at the rim and hasn't developed a mid-range, yet. the reason he isn't doing well isn't his size or athleticism.

I don't know anything about Rivers. Can someone give me a break down of his weaknesses and his work ethic?

austin shouldve stayed and developed more. he wasnt ready to play in the league. coach k knew that and doc did too.

His game has been the same since 9th grade, staying at Duke playing against college level talent wouldn't help him that's asinine.

austin shouldve stayed and developed more. he wasnt ready to play in the league. coach k knew that and doc did too.

Bruh there's nothing that playing IN COLLEGE would do to help him in the NBA :lol:. What he doesn't do well can be masked in college. As I said on the previous page, staying in college would only shave years off of his playing career. At least he's still young while he's sucking. Whether he came out as a freshman or a senior, this was bound to happen.

Can beat his man off the dribble, but a terrible finisher, can't create a shot off the dribble, (Partly due to his shooting technique) can't go left, streaky shooter in general, decent at making a few plays for others, and is a bad free throw shooter.

Can beat his man off the dribble, but a terrible finisher, can't create a shot off the dribble, (Partly due to his shooting technique) can't go left, streaky shooter in general, decent at making a few plays for others, and is a bad free throw shooter.

yikes that's a terrible combo to have for a nba guard...better turn that corner this year or get that passport ready.

he wasn't ready for elite competition but playing against better players than he played against in high school would have been good for him. he couldve stayed to work on his mid range dribbling and gotten stronger. off the ball game too. if players can develop in the league, why can't he develop more in college. all going to the league did was get him put on the bench. career will be shortened because of it too.

I wonder if there would have been more talent in the league, had graduating from high school still had been the hold

Can't imagine that it would have hurt the last few draft classes, but that's a lil more complicated than anything anyone can foretell

Everyone always says Toronto suffered the worst when they changed the draft eligibility...but Chicago would have had Kevin Durant.

austin's game just doesnt translate to the pros. what he could get away with in college/hs isnt gonna work at the elite level. not an elite defender, doesnt really run point, cant shoot/finish as a guard :x
his first step is nice, but if dudes are gonna back off, what else does he do that is elite

a guy like jeryd bayless is head and shoulders better than austin, and he is just "average" in terms of talent in the nba

Last edited:
Austin's jumper is broken. I don't believe Doc let his kid grow up shooting the ball like that.

Then again, Doc was never a shooter.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1h
The Kings announce that the #16 jersey that their former star Peja Stojakovic wore will be retired on Dec. 16 against the visiting Thunder.

Well deserved. Kings' Peja was a killer.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1h
The Kings announce that the #16 jersey that their former star Peja Stojakovic wore will be retired on Dec. 16 against the visiting Thunder.

Well deserved. Kings' Peja was a killer.

What about your Clippers getting Ingles? That's a nice pick up. I'm really liking the moves you guys are making. I wanted the Grizz to pick him up.

i could see if those dudes had won a chip but retiring jerseys because of memories? 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom