2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

The words used weren't even the worst of it though. He allegedly was replacing folks of color in his office with people of his ilk. That's the worst part about this ****.
eek.gif

The Atlanta ownership group was dysfunctional before this incident since they've been beefing for a long time now. They were going at it for years with suing each other and **** like that. So the majority owner "self-reporting" himself is more likely a case of dude trying to control a lost situation which was about to get out of his hands.

Minority owners saw a chance to get him up outta there and they took it.

But what did Danny Ferry do really? From what I gathered he just read a scouting report that someone else wrote verbatim. Its like when you're in English class in HS and you're reading Catcher in the Rye and the F word is there. You think about not saying it, but you do anyways.

Not a good example IMO but the major difference between that and Ferry's garbage is you're probably reading the text for the first time in class. There isn't a chance in hell that baldie didn't go over those notes prior to that meeting.

The words used weren't even the worst of it though. He allegedly was replacing folks of color in his office with people of his ilk. That's the worst part about this ****.

If Danny gets to keep his job...I hope Young Thugger catches him slipping and puts it in his butt.
Whoa I didnt know that. No defending that right there.

Really can't wait for the season to start and see how good the Heatles 2.0 (aka Cavs) are actually going to be.

The 2014 offseason might go down as the summer LeBron James returned home. Or, if he somehow finds a way to get the Knicks back into championship contention for the first time since Jeff Van Gundy  was hugging ‘Zo’s leg for dear life, it could be the watershed summer forCarmelo Anthony. ‘Melo, despite the timeline not matching up, actually believes his decision to re-sign with New York  affected LeBron’s decision to head north to Ohio.

‘Melo spoke with former Giants defensive lineman and current ABC co-host of “Live! with Kelly and Michael,” Michael Strahan, in a Q&A for Adweek. The two touched on LeBron’s decision to head back to the Cavs, with Strahan asking whether LeBron’s action affected Anthony’s choice to stay with the Knicks:
Strahan:  [On being a pro athlete in New York] Not only on the court, but off the court, you’re the leader. Everything you do is more scrutinized. You have to be more careful than anybody else. And watching LeBron [James] go back to Cleveland, did that affect your decision on staying in New York, and did you learn anything from watching LeBron go back home?

Anthony:  No. Honestly, I think it was the other way around. I think he saw when I came back home to New York and saw the response and saw the reaction and saw how at peace I was when I came back home. … I’m pretty sure he looked at that moment and saw that that was a very special moment, and he had the opportunity to go back home himself and regain that love.
So, um, we knew ‘Melo was staying with the Knicks after it was leaked toFrank Isola of the New York Daily News, even though ‘Melo’s five-year, $124 million deal wasn’t officially confirmed until July 12. James published his “I’m Coming Home” essay with SI  on July 11. Both of those decisions were probably made a couple days in advance of the news making it’s way to the general public, but Anthony’s decision still came before LeBron’s, so we’re not sure how ‘Melo’s choice may have affected LeBron at all.

Then again, Anthony could be referring to his trade from the Nuggets to the Knicks in February of 2011, a coming home of sorts, though probably not what he’s referring to. His answer is ambiguous enough for us to give him a pass on this, even though it seems  like he’s talking about re-signing with the Knicks.

Strahan and ‘Melo also touched on paying college athletes and stereotyping people as just athletes, since both Strahan and ‘Melo are trying to become mega-brands, known just as well for their off-court endeavors as their athletic ones:
Strahan:  How do you feel about college athletes getting paid for playing?

Anthony:  I think you have to. As a collegiate athlete, you have to be compensated for something. I mean, these universities, they’re making millions and millions of dollars off of merchandise, off of game tickets. I think athletes should be compensated for that.

Strahan:  I agree with you.

[...]

Strahan:  Do you think that people stereotype you?

Anthony:  The only stereotype I get a lot is when I do these other business ventures and it’s like, “Oh, he’s an athlete.” I don’t like that.

Strahan:  And it eats you alive, doesn’t it?

Anthony:  I hate to hear that: “Oh, he’s just an athlete. He should just be focusing on playing basketball.” And for me, you know, I try to do a lot of different stuff, from fashion to tech to art, just trying to broaden my brand. But basketball is my foundation. Let’s not get that misconstrued. I kind of use that as a launching pad for everything else.

[...]

Strahan:  That’s when I first started doing Live! “Oh, what’s the football player doing on there with Kelly Ripa?” It made me mad. And even as a player it upset me when people go, “Oh yeah, you’re that football player.” Because you want to define yourself outside of what you do.
Link

I mean the Clippers having the best record in the West is not far fetched. :lol:

I understand that OKC is the favorite, but it would not surprise me if the Clippers or Spurs end up with the best record. Its one thing to say the Clippers will win the West and its another to say they will have the best record. It really just depends on their health, but I like the depth LAC has compared to previous seasons. Farmar, Hawes, CDR, Udoh, Big Baby, maybe an improved Bullock looks better on paper. The health of CP3 and Blake is the biggest factor. They played really well without Paul last season and they won 57 games while integrating a new coach and new starters.

BTW, this is coming from someone who hates the Clippers and think they will lose in the 1st or 2nd round this year.

For what it's worth...

1) OKC
2) LAC
3) SAS

Last edited:
Clippers top of the West?

:rofl:

Come on Nelson Let's be serious for a second...They were like 3 games or so away from having the best record in the West at the end of last season.

Is the Clippers being at the top of the west really this funny? How would them being at the top of the west be a shocker in any sort of way?

The Clippers will definitely need to improve their road record, though. They had the same road record as Memphis, Dallas and Portland and those teams are supposedly on a lower tier from them. SAS by far had the most superior road record and OKC's was better, but not amazing either.

Come on Nelson Let's be serious for a second...They were like 3 games or so away from having the best record in the West at the end of last season.

Is the Clippers being at the top of the west really this funny? How would them being at the top of the west be a shocker in any sort of way?

Don't bother, bro. Nelson, like Zyzz, is incapable of having an objective discussion about the Clippers.

As far as where they'll place in the West, I have them at 3 again, still behind OKC and SAS. But its not at all laughable to think they could be 1st.

I'm more interested in the bottom half of the West playoff picture.

We all know OKC, LAC and SAS will more than likely be the top 3. What's going to happen between 4-8? IMO, no one is THAT much better than any other team right now to separate themselves from the pack. Houston, Dallas, Memphis, GSW and Portland are all in the same boat IMO. If anyone is on a lower scale, I think its Portland only due to their lack of depth and inability to play defense.

View media item 1173249
The 2014 offseason might go down as the summer LeBron James returned home
. Or, if he somehow finds a way to get the Knicks back into championship contention for the first time since Jeff Van Gundy was hugging ‘Zo’s leg for dear life, it could be the watershed summer forCarmelo Anthony
. ‘Melo, despite the timeline not matching up, actually believes his decision to re-sign with New York
 affected LeBron’s decision to head north to Ohio.

‘Melo spoke with former Giants defensive lineman and current ABC co-host of “Live! with Kelly and Michael,” Michael Strahan, in a Q&A for Adweek
. The two touched on LeBron’s decision to head back to the Cavs, with Strahan asking whether LeBron’s action affected Anthony’s choice to stay with the Knicks:

Strahan: [On being a pro athlete in New York] Not only on the court, but off the court, you’re the leader. Everything you do is more scrutinized. You have to be more careful than anybody else. And watching LeBron [James] go back to Cleveland, did that affect your decision on staying in New York, and did you learn anything from watching LeBron go back home?

Anthony: No. Honestly, I think it was the other way around. I think he saw when I came back home to New York and saw the response and saw the reaction and saw how at peace I was when I came back home. … I’m pretty sure he looked at that moment and saw that that was a very special moment, and he had the opportunity to go back home himself and regain that love.

So, um, we knew ‘Melo was staying with the Knicks after it was leaked toFrank Isola of the New York Daily News
, even though ‘Melo’s five-year, $124 million deal wasn’t officially confirmed until July 12
. James published his “I’m Coming Home” essay with SI on July 11. Both of those decisions were probably made a couple days in advance of the news making it’s way to the general public, but Anthony’s decision still came before LeBron’s, so we’re not sure how ‘Melo’s choice may have affected LeBron at all.

Then again, Anthony could be referring to his trade from the Nuggets to the Knicks in February of 2011, a coming home of sorts, though probably not what he’s referring to. His answer is ambiguous enough for us to give him a pass on this, even though it seems like he’s talking about re-signing with the Knicks.

Strahan and ‘Melo also touched on paying college athletes and stereotyping people as just athletes, since both Strahan and ‘Melo are trying to become mega-brands, known just as well for their off-court endeavors as their athletic ones:

Strahan: How do you feel about college athletes getting paid for playing?

Anthony: I think you have to. As a collegiate athlete, you have to be compensated for something. I mean, these universities, they’re making millions and millions of dollars off of merchandise, off of game tickets. I think athletes should be compensated for that.

Strahan: I agree with you.

[...]

Strahan: Do you think that people stereotype you?

Anthony: The only stereotype I get a lot is when I do these other business ventures and it’s like, “Oh, he’s an athlete.” I don’t like that.

Strahan: And it eats you alive, doesn’t it?

Anthony: I hate to hear that: “Oh, he’s just an athlete. He should just be focusing on playing basketball.” And for me, you know, I try to do a lot of different stuff, from fashion to tech to art, just trying to broaden my brand. But basketball is my foundation. Let’s not get that misconstrued. I kind of use that as a launching pad for everything else.

[...]

Strahan: That’s when I first started doing Live! “Oh, what’s the football player doing on there with Kelly Ripa?” It made me mad. And even as a player it upset me when people go, “Oh yeah, you’re that football player.” Because you want to define yourself outside of what you do.

Link

Man what.

Insert you know which gif here

I'm more interested in the bottom half of the West playoff picture.

We all know OKC, LAC and SAS will more than likely be the top 3. What's going to happen between 4-8? IMO, no one is THAT much better than any other team right now to separate themselves from the pack. Houston, Dallas, Memphis, GSW and Portland are all in the same boat IMO. If anyone is on a lower scale, I think its Portland only due to their lack of depth and inability to play defense.
Yea that will be interesting for sure. I can see Memphis falling out and the Pelicans or Suns making the playoffs

The 2014 offseason might go down as the summer LeBron James returned home. Or, if he somehow finds a way to get the Knicks back into championship contention for the first time since Jeff Van Gundy  was hugging ‘Zo’s leg for dear life, it could be the watershed summer forCarmelo Anthony. ‘Melo, despite the timeline not matching up, actually believes his decision to re-sign with New York  affected LeBron’s decision to head north to Ohio.

‘Melo spoke with former Giants defensive lineman and current ABC co-host of “Live! with Kelly and Michael,” Michael Strahan, in a Q&A for Adweek. The two touched on LeBron’s decision to head back to the Cavs, with Strahan asking whether LeBron’s action affected Anthony’s choice to stay with the Knicks:
Strahan:  [On being a pro athlete in New York] Not only on the court, but off the court, you’re the leader. Everything you do is more scrutinized. You have to be more careful than anybody else. And watching LeBron [James] go back to Cleveland, did that affect your decision on staying in New York, and did you learn anything from watching LeBron go back home?

Anthony:  No. Honestly, I think it was the other way around. I think he saw when I came back home to New York and saw the response and saw the reaction and saw how at peace I was when I came back home. … I’m pretty sure he looked at that moment and saw that that was a very special moment, and he had the opportunity to go back home himself and regain that love.
So,
Link
672c3241_melo.gif

Yea that will be interesting for sure. I can see Memphis falling out and the Pelicans or Suns making the playoffs

If Memphis misses the playoffs while having one of the best PF/C duos in the NBA, one of the best PG's in the league, a top 10 defense and depth, I would be shocked. Memphis easily makes the playoffs, but I'm not quite sure how far they go this year.

The Pelicans will have a run similar to Phoenix last season, but fall short due to their inexperience and the fact that most of their backcourt will be injured throughout the season. If anyone falls out from last year's playoff teams, I think its Portland.

BTW, this is coming from someone who hates the Clippers and think they will lose in the 1st or 2nd round this year.

This. hate the clippers but I do enjoy going back and forth with clipper fans on here. most of you guys are good sports

If Memphis misses the playoffs while having one of the best PF/C duos in the NBA, one of the best PG's in the league, a top 10 defense and depth, I would be shocked. Memphis easily makes the playoffs, but I'm not quite sure how far they go this year.

The Pelicans will have a run similar to Phoenix last season, but fall short due to their inexperience and the fact that most of their backcourt will be injured throughout the season. If anyone falls out from last year's playoff teams, I think its Portland.
trade happen that's been kept secret or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom