2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the NBA would announce the ouster of a racist owner on NFL Kickoff Sunday lol. I see you Silver.

Edit:

Reading the letter, it's not too bad. Something else is up. Especially in reference to Woj's last tweet.

Last edited:
Yea that email is clearly a man talking who as the owner is recognizing why his ticket sales may or may not be in the crapper.

Of course is a tough subject to discuss because of the demographics involved but never did I feel that any of the email was hatred towards blacks because of skin.

He's probably wanting to sale and is not being forced to sale.

Once this email hits the black audience he won't have to worry about his crowd being 40-70% black now because they will leave willingly, but the fact that he was speaking of trying to white up his crowd will make it impossible to do now without looking like a Confederate.

Oh well good Riddance.
Other bad news is his letter just explained how little his team in Atlanta is worth.
Who wants that mess? Nobody unless it's cheap cheap

Last edited:
Here's a counterpoint (from the comments section of DS):

As a black person, I dont speak for all black people, we are not monolithic, But reading this email, I dont think its racist, its just a business man trying to figure out why his **** is ****** up. Hes speaking frankly, and probably factually on alot of his points, Hes basically saying mix this **** up, black and white cheerleaders, give me some damn Big and Rich concerts, yeah Andre and Shawnte are in attendance but lets see Tom and Laura kiss some ******* times. Let little Billy shoot the half court airball once in a while. The bars shouldnt look like a Little Wayne afterparty.

I get it, I really do. I like being at events where there is a good mix of black and whites personally. Every game Ive taken my son to we were outnumbered (not that it was a gang fight) but ALWAYS treated us great, that may vary place to place (Im looking at you Philly and SF) but I do understand what he's saying, Hes speaking real ****... probably the same thing 99% of the owners THINK but would NEVER EVER...EVER...EVER....EVER... type or say out loud.

He has my respect.... and no team..

That was racist? All he's saying is we need to bring in more people who spend money, which happens to be the White crowd more than the Black crowd.

Dante Exum isn't starting for Australia?

Edit: my bad, should take this to the FIBA thread

Last edited:
Embiid
smokin.gif
talk that talk
If he don't get hurt I can see him as the next Elton Brand

So excited to see Embiid when he gets healthy, as long as he can stay on the court I have no doubts about him.

Can't wait to see Nerlens either, Phily going to be one of my favorite squads these next couple years.

I think in 10-20 years White people in America are going to be scared to use the term "Black People" :lol:. God damn right there are some questionable things in the letter but come on man. The dude is trying to fix his business and he's trying to figure out how. We're coming to a point where we can't even talk about race or demographics anymore.

On a side note: The owner really ratted on himself because the Atlanta Hawks are that piss-poor of a fan city?!? :lol: He's been wanting to sell them and he probably thought he could get some good money now. Seriously tho, Atlanta doesn't deserve it in the first place. Ship them to Seattle and put the Pelicans in the East. :nerd:

The worst thing about the email is not the racist undertones people Want it to have,

It's the fact the he openly states his team isnt worth much and then explains why, ouch.

He's about to get 500k for that team and that's about it.

Nothing Levenson said in that letter is sell your team bad, and the owners would never vote someone out out over that, something else is going on.
Woj said Levenson snitched on himself & fully cooperated with the NBA afterwards.

I'm guessing Levenson saw how Sterling made a profit from being racist, so now Levenson wants in as well.

Nowhere near offended by that letter and that guys talking nothing but realness. As someone who has the displeasure of going to Atlanta Hawks games I am in agreement with things that he said. Who the hell wants to hear Gospel music at a basketball game? Basically everything he said was true, and it wasnt racist to me, just a guy trying to get more money out of his business, its not like he really cares about the basketball.

LOL at trying to get sterling money though, he'll be lucky to get 900k.

Maybe my dream of them renaming the team and cutting ties with all Atlanta Hawk history will come true and then I can at least not hate them.

Last edited:
Letter didn't start off too bad at all. There were some questionable comments near the middle and end but honestly I was expecting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom