2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if you wanna get technical if the league really fixed things for the lakers like most say on here we would have gotten way more titles than what we have now.

The league wouldnt habe let us lose to the pistons, get beat by the celtics, or get swept by dallas.

They would have also let us get chris paul.

Last edited:
I mean if you wanna get technical if the league really fixed things for the lakers like most say on here we would have gotten way more titles than what we have now.

The league wouldnt habe let us lose to the pistons, get beat by the celtics, or get swept by dallas.

They would have also let us get chris paul.
The league aint fixed but this logic makes little sense. If things were being fixed, it wouldn't necessarily directly translate into more titles for Los Angeles or New York. Specific games or instances and what have you could be fixed. Draft lottery could be fixed.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if that trade was allowed? Majority of niketalk would have stopped watching the nba.

I mean a team of kobe paul and dwight might have not won it all but just the thought of that team would piss off niketalkers royaly

Last edited:
Yeah it was a rogue ref that was betting on games and fixing .this ish ain't real. Yall aren't that gullible...

Last edited:
At the time of that trade did anybody in their right mind see Marc Gasol amounting to what he is now? There is noooo chance I thought his fat *** would end up turning into possibly the most skilled center in basketball.

At the time of that trade did anybody in their right mind see Marc Gasol amounting to what he is now? There is noooo chance I thought his fat *** would end up turning into possibly the most skilled center in basketball.
There's a reason we're not scouts. Just cause a bunch of people watching the game didn't notice doesn't mean they didn't. They wasn't getting any closer with Pau so they made a choice that could've went either way.

There's a reason we're not scouts. Just cause a bunch of people watching the game didn't notice doesn't mean they didn't. They wasn't getting any closer with Pau so they made a choice that could've went either way.
Marc Gasol was a throw in, let's not try to spin it any other way
laugh.gif

Of course he was a solid international prospect but he was in no way, shape or form the center piece of the Pau Gasol trade. Just a nice prospect to have down the road.

Nail on the head

Sometimes people hear the same **** so much they repeat it as gospel :smh:, I had to google it and show a friend of mine who frequently brings this trade up that Marc Gasol went to the grizzlies when we got Pau and his mind was blown.

He couldn't believe it but he's so quick to say how we got Pau for free :smh: so much misinformation out there beings used as facts.

John Wall doesn't feel he had a fair chance

The NBA leader in total assists this past season spoke with CSNwashington.com on Saturday at his charitable foundation’s “Back2School” event for children in Washington. Asked if he was given a fair shot to make the final 12-player roster, Wall said, “Nah, I don’t think so, but it’s a part of the game. I’m just happy to have the opportunity to be there and represent my country. I wish them the best of luck and hope they can win gold.”

“I’ve been (around) for four years in a row. I think that’s enough time,” Wall said. “Everybody had the same fair amount of time as far as being (in Las Vegas) and playing. I think [Team USA] already had kind of in their mind what they wanted to do and what decisions they were going (to make).”

Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol was a great trade on both sides

Safe to say that now but at the time that trade was laughable

Everyone was saying memphis got robbed

when are trades ever fair? you got like Pau was a superstar or something

while it was a bad trade, not as bad as some of you making it out to be. Lakers would have been fine either way but no titles most likely.

when are trades ever fair? you got like Pau was a superstar or something

while it was a bad trade, not as bad as some of you making it out to be. Lakers would have been fine either way but no titles most likely.

Lakers would have been fine either way? :lol:

They wouldve still had kwame & marc wouldve probably been in phils doghouse plus kobe might be on a different team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom