2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the Rudy Gay call up.  He's one of the most underrated players in the league, just been overshadowed by that max contract
pimp.gif

Anyone know the differences in international play? I know about the "above the cylinder" difference in the rules and that the three point line is a bit closer. What else?

Last edited:
Oh I know EXACTLY what the convo was about which is WHY I said you sitting here acting like bron just starting recruiting players off the bat as if he didn't WAIT SEVEN years in Cleveland first to see if anyone would develop. Again, Jordan had pippen come to him a few years AFTER Jordan was drafted. He didn't have to wait SEVEN years to see if anyone was going to finally become a great player. What about that is soooo hard to understand for you?. Bron and Jordan's situations were totally different. If boogie Gibson, donyell Marshall, d miles, etc showed flashes of greatness I'm sure Lebron wouldn't have had to recruit players and "stuck it out."

Also, you misunderstood the whole Rodman argument. I'm saying dude was ALREADY a somebody BEFORE he linked up with the bulls. You sitting there acting like Rodman was some kind of draymond green or something as if he didn't already make a name for himself in this league
bruh you're just caping for lebron now. you're not sticking to the argument. rodman had a name before Jordan, true...that name was not HOF bound. im finished here.

Last edited:
Might be late but this is pretty dope.

lowkey i want kobe to win one more.

Last edited:
I hope FIBA still does that one man commentator stuff for games you watch online. You actually think two people are commentating.

i dont care if he stayed in MIA forever. but going back to cleveland and the letter about being homesick bla bla bla. please. hes there in control of a team in under 30 days flat. like u said, the team had built themselves up now even with a high potential #1 draft pick (and a few more first round picks to come) HIGH cap space and he saw opportunity to take control. and he did. he took the easy way out....for a 2nd time.

he couldve stayed in miami for another couple years (not 1...not 2... not 3 not 4 not 5.... [ok maybe just 4]) he couldve headed to ANY team, but to go back to cleveland? and then by chance all this happens? cmon man

lebron is doing dirt. no way around it. BUT! thats his decision! ive been saying to stop comparing him and jordan. lebron wants to win NOW at any cost. if cleveland starts tanking again, he'd prolly jump ship again. if miami had won for the 3peat...cleveland wouldve never came up. it is what it is

i agree. i mean i cant knock him for always ending up in a better situation, but i think folks dont like bron because of how hes going about it these days. traditionally, players would carry their teams to championships like isiah, magic, jordan, bird, etc. yes, they were fortunate to have other greats join their teams. bron is doing the opposite and going to another team and recruiting players. now he goes back home to an ideal situation and is shaking up the league again. granted the cavs didnt do that well in surrounding him with talent in his first stint, but relying on playing with other prime time players puts an asterix next to his chips imo.

i agree. i mean i cant knock him for always ending up in a better situation, but i think folks dont like bron because of how hes going about it these days. traditionally, players would carry their teams to championships like isiah, magic, jordan, bird, etc. yes, they were fortunate to have other greats join their teams. bron is doing the opposite and going to another team and recruiting players. now he goes back home to an ideal situation and is shaking up the league again. granted the cavs didnt do that well in surrounding him with talent in his first stint, but relying on playing with other prime time players puts an asterix next to his chips imo.

You not being able to spell asterisk puts an asterisk next to this post.

Do you realize how asinine this is? Pippen was one of the greatest and most versatile defensive players of all time in addition to being a hell of an offensive player. Rodman is indisputably the greatest rebounder of the modern era, you have to go back to Wilt/Russell to find a rebounder on his level. He was annually leading the league in rebounding by a significant margin before he ever played with Jordan. Pippen and Rodman were HOF locks, pretending Jordan made them HOFers is ridiculous.

You need to take a long look in the mirror before throwing that "stupid people" label around.
rodman averaged 13 rebounds per game. 13....  dont put him on a god-level pedestal. so if rodman stayed with 2 chips and his dpoy he was going to the hall of fame by 1995 when he joined the bulls? REALLY!?

Pippen was going to HOF for exactly what? a versatile defender? Pippen didnt even start making noise til phil jackson came. And everything past that point involved jordan. now the argument was...without jordan being there, he wouldn't have made HOF. so... how many chips does pippen win without MJ leading the bulls?  how many games do they even win without MJ? how many allstar appearances does pippen even make without jordan?

Yeah, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/trb_pct_season.html

7 out of the top 8 seasons in rebounding % (the data goes back to '71). If you want to use rebounds per game

http://www.basketball-reference.com...comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=trb_per_g

He has the top 5 in the three-point era. But yeah, no big deal.

I have no clue what you're yammering on about with the rings argument. Guys like Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin are in the HOF. You don't need 6 rings to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom