2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ware even close to being the same player though? Srs question

I have no idea tbh but if he's back on a basketball court and playing at a high level (D1) - I imagine he's pretty healthy. Not an expert but I've heard that a clean bone break is "better" than tearing your ACL or something like that. Something about bones being really strong.

Every single person here whos make a joke regarding Pauls injury, the fact that Kyrie cried, and the overall lack of sympathy within the thread. Dudes cry over music and movies but somehow it reprehensible that Kyrie cried during whats probably the worse thing he's seen in his entire life.

As much as I talk about him being over rated, I never want to see something like happen to him or anyone. 
Dud you forget? There hardcore niketalkers here that been in the ****
These cats have seen it all..:lol:

@Master Zik

Thanks "b", Funny Knicks fan.. :lol:
It's ok I understand..But Am I wrong thou?
Honestly what positive do you have to say bout your squad? It's clearly easier to talk **** on other teams than to say one word positive bout the NYK
I'm spotting cuz I'm.speaking truth? Ok

Last edited:
The positive we could say is for once we have a front office with a plan. We have one of the league's better players already on the roster, a ton of cap space in the near future, and a decent young player in Tim Hardaway Jr. Yeah there isn't much else other than that, but it's a hell of a lot more to look forward to than the past 15 years.

What is WRONG with some of you guys man........

What are you, who are you referring to?
Every single person here whos make a joke regarding Pauls injury, the fact that Kyrie cried, and the overall lack of sympathy within the thread. Dudes cry over music and movies but somehow it reprehensible that Kyrie cried during whats probably the worse thing he's seen in his entire life.

As much as I talk about him being over rated, I never want to see something like happen to him or anyone. 

I agree with you to an extent and I respect your take on everything because you are pretty even kill and aren't absent of being corrected or accepting critique.
Everyone in here has had a lack of compassion for some kind of situation(speaking on content of this thread entirely)
You can't stand for one extreme when it suits you, and speak against it when it doesn't.
That's why this thread has so many posts, opinions, and rights.
We just all need to except the thread for what it is and message accordingly.

I agree with you to an extent and I respect your take on everything because you are pretty even kill and aren't absent of being corrected or accepting critique.
Everyone in here has had a lack of compassion for some kind of situation(speaking on content of this thread entirely)
You can't stand for one extreme when it suits you, and speak against it when it doesn't.

WAT

how? 
sick.gif

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Pacers guard Paul George had a "good surgery. No ancillary damage" but likely out for next season, a source told Yahoo Sports.

WAT

You meant "what"
Not WAT

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm so pretty much in reality..

We have one great player and one who might turn out decent and we might be able to put together a. 500 squad if we can convince a free agent or 2 to come cuz of PJ..

Doesn't sound like nun to me..but I agree better than where yall at..
I'm just making a point on the perspective that it's easier to ride other squads with negativity when my teams future isn't too positive.that's all

Honestly it doesn't bother me if we're under .500 tank a little and finally keep and use a lottery pick. We've got a decent core of role players (Early, Prigioni, Amar'e, JR) but we need that second scorer and maybe another good young player with potential. I feel like making those two moves could have us in store for a decent future.

2015 will be a transition year. After that we should be able to challenge LeBron and the Cavs if things come together.

Last edited:
When the Knicks win the Atlantic people are not going to be surprised.
They'll say, " well you did have a Melo and Phil, that's easy"

No, this thread has so many posts and opinions because guys like you feel the need to follow every single thought that pops in your head.

It's just the ******* NBA thread... not the study of NT member behavior thread. There's not really any need to get mock-philosophical like you understand the way everyone's brains work better than they do.

Last edited:

No, this thread has so many posts and opinions because guys like you feel the need to follow every single thought that pops in your head.

It's just the ******* NBA thread... not the study of NT member behavior thread. There's not really any need to get mock-philosophical like you understand the way everyone's brains work better than they do.

Sounds like the way you feel, is the way you are trying to make me look.
It's NBA for sure, until it's not.
Which way is it going to be mate?
Are you going to tell me about life, or are we going to talk NBA.?

Exactly

QFT.

Last edited:
The year was 1992.
It was college players and back up Role Players before that.
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/08/02/sh-blog-paul-george-injury-could-shape-future-of-team-usa/

A whole lot of fear-mongering going on here. It's ONE injury in 22 years of NBA players playing for Team USA, and every other country has been sending their very best players (pros) since the beginning of time. Yeah, there have been other injuries (Pau Gasol in 2006, Manu was injured in a FIBA competition as well), but one injury isn't going to shift the landscape. It's a knee-jerk reaction to a freak injury.

That being said, if the NBA bails from international competition, USA Basketball will be a disaster. The reason the teams performed so well (until 1988) is because you had guys who were third and fourth-year players participating. And all (or most) of them had been drafted by the time the Olympics rolled around. The last gold medal winning college team had Jordan, Mullin, Ewing, et.c You can't just switch it to college players, because the very best college players are in the NBA draft (or will be drafted). Nobody is risking their body without a big pay day in the future. Thus, you'd be pulling from a pool of guys who aren't even NBA caliber players. At least before 1992 you had NBA talent on those college rosters. If the NBA bails, we'd be sending a D-League All-Star squad to compete. Does anyone remember the 1998 team? Didn't think so.

PG13 will be a better player come the 2016 season, bird gonna turn that jumpshot into waterfalls, i honestly think this is the best thing to happen for him in his young career,

A whole season off to work on his iq & polish his struggle kobe moves

The year was 1992.
It was college players and back up Role Players before that.
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/08/02/sh-blog-paul-george-injury-could-shape-future-of-team-usa/
A whole lot of fear-mongering going on here. It's ONE injury in 22 years of NBA players playing for Team USA, and every other country has been sending their very best players (pros) since the beginning of time. Yeah, there have been other injuries (Pau Gasol in 2006, Manu was injured in a FIBA competition as well), but one injury isn't going to shift the landscape. It's a knee-jerk reaction to a freak injury.

That being said, if the NBA bails from international competition, USA Basketball will be a disaster. The reason the teams performed so well (until 1988) is because you had guys who were third and fourth-year players participating. And all (or most) of them had been drafted by the time the Olympics rolled around. The last gold medal winning college team had Jordan, Mullin, Ewing, et.c You can't just switch it to college players, because the very best college players are in the NBA draft (or will be drafted). Nobody is risking their body without a big pay day in the future. Thus, you'd be pulling from a pool of guys who aren't even NBA caliber players. At least before 1992 you had NBA talent on those college rosters. If the NBA bails, we'd be sending a D-League All-Star squad to compete. Does anyone remember the 1998 team? Didn't think so
You are so right. So right.

All this "NBA is pulling out" talk should end with you and I's posts.

We will never pull out.

Injuries are a part of the game.

They don't happen often, and when they do happen like tonight, nobody is going to tell KD and those kids, or the NBA, that we should quit.

Will never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom