2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you clearly don't understand how MVP award works.

It doesn't go to the best NBA player.

Best one on the best team.

KIdd stole one from TMac/Timmy one year right?

Naw fam, it's the other way around.
Timmy stole it from Kidd. Although it's arguable cause both had phenomenal seasons. Only major difference is that Kidd took that Jesey team to the finals back to back and was practically dropping triple dubs nightly.

Kidd doesn't have a MVP award
Typed too fast, good catch, meant to say Timmy stole one from TMac/Kidd right?
laugh.gif
I figured thats what it was. Dont feed into the propaganda, that race was too close to begin with. Kidd deserved like half of the votes he got, they belonged to Timmy.

Inb4 homer

Timmy stole it from Kidd. Although it's arguable cause both had phenomenal seasons. Only major difference is that Kidd took that Jesey team to the finals back to back and was practically dropping triple dubs nightly.
Going to the Finals has nothing to do with the regular season though, and Tim Duncan was dominating on offense, whilst being the defense anchor on the team. He was legitimately the best player on both ends of the floor for the entire season, how many people can you make that claim for ever?

Kidd doesn't have a MVP award

Typed too fast, good catch, meant to say Timmy stole one from TMac/Kidd right?

correct kidd def deserved it once from those crap NJ teams he lead

We had empty seats during those two finals runs :lol: :x :smh: Kidd deserved it!

Timmy was on another level tho so I can't knock him.

Last edited:
I really can't stand when people say Kidd deserved the '02 MVP over Duncan.

I understand how people can feel this way. Like I said both had phenomenal season, arguably the best each one ever had. But for me it comes down to a Jersey team no one thought would do much prior to Kidd getting traded from PHX. Kidd was putting on a show night in and night out.

Yeah...you guys simply don't understand how MVP works.

You have an amazing year on one of the best teams in the League during the regular season, you are the MVP. Rose deserved it, Nash both times. Etc, etc.

Only one that was really a toss up was Kobe/CP3 in 08. But I'm not mad at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom