2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004- That team is comparable to the Mavs but the core of Billups, Rasheed, Hamilton, Ben and Tayshaun were all in their 20s
2005- Duncan was a top 5 player. Parker and Manu were ascending
2006- Wade was way better than any player the Mavs have on their roster. Shaq was still an All-NBA player. They also had solid veterans in Walker, GP, Williams, UD, Posey and Zo
2007- Duncan was still argubly a top 5 player. Parker and Manu were ascending
2008- KG was an NBA MVP candidate, Pierce was All-NBA and Ray Allen was an All Star. Rondo was great too
2009-10- Kobe was the best player in the world and Pau was an All-NBA player
2011- Dirk was an All-NBA and a top 10 player in the NBA, Tyson was All-Defensive team selection. Also had a deep bench. Also Lebron became Bizarro Bron which helped
2012-13- Lebron was the best player in the world combined with All-NBA Wade and All Star Bosh
2014- Parker was an All-NBA player. Duncan, Manu and Kawhi are borderline All Star type players combined with a deep and versatility bench

3 of those teams are comparable to the Mavs at a glance( 2005 Pistons, the 2011 Mavs and 2014 Spurs) but when you look closer

The current Mavs don't have an All-NBA player or All-Defensive team player or a bench to them compare to those teams

If you think a 2 seed is realistically for the current Mavs roster? :lol:

Dirk isnt 2011 Dirk

Monta is still in his prime but hes not better than the stars I have mentioned before

Parsons is a nice young player

Do you really think Parsons is going to be able to defend effectively defend Durant or Lebron though?

Who did we have guarding Durant and LeBron back in 2011? Shawn Marion and fricking Jason Kidd at times. :lol:

And keep ignoring the fact that we have one of the best coaches in the NBA right now. That's fine. :lol:

Since 2005, Dallas has finished in the following seeds:

2005: 3rd best record (one game behind 2nd).
2006: 2nd best record.
2007: 1st best record.
2008: 7th best record.
2009: 6th best record.
2010: 2nd best record.
2011: tied for 2nd best record.
2012: 7th best record.
2013: 10th best record.
2014: 8th best record.

Half of the past decade, the Mavericks have held the third seed or better.

Yes, Dirk Nowitzki is 36.

But 2014 Dirk isn't as good as 2011 Dirk?

Well, in 2011 he averaged 23 PPG/7 REB/2.6 AST/1.8 TO on 52/39/89%.

And in 2014? He averaged 21.7 PPG/6.2 REB/2.7 AST/1.5 TO on 50/40/90.

Come Playoff time, if his team is ready, so will Dirk.

All those years when the Mavs were the 2nd and 3rd best team? Their best players were Josh Howard, Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Devin Harris. Those weren't the Nash/Finley years. Those are all post-Big 3. From 2005-2010, there was no Tyson Chandler. Jason Terry was Dirk's #2. Now, he has two #2's. :lol:

Monta Ellis right now is the best guard that Dallas has seen since Nash and a young Kidd. Chandler Parsons might be the best SF since the 80s. Tyson Chandler NOW is still the second best Center in the teams franchise (being second to himself in 2011, :lol: ).

My entire point has been that Dallas and Carlisle specifically maximizes the most out of his guys. He does a hell of a job winning basketball games. Give him some actual talent to work with? Yeesh.

I'm not predicting any post-season success because it's too early for that. But based on what's on paper? I'd say a 52-57 win team.

The biggest misnomer for the Dallas Mavericks is that they've been stacked with talent and good players the entire time Dirk has been there. Quite the opposite. The best players he's played with are Steve Nash, an old Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Tyson Chandler. Dirk has never played with a Hall of Famer in their prime. Nash was not a Hall of Famer before he went to Phoenix. Jason Kidd wasn't playing in his prime once he came back to Dallas. Tyson Chandler and Jason Terry aren't hall of famers.

Last edited:
The Mavs starting 5 only has one above average defender who also looked like trash last year btw and people think they can contend?

Who did we have guarding Durant and LeBron back in 2011? Shawn Marion and fricking Jason Kidd at times. :lol:

And keep ignoring the fact that we have one of the best coaches in the NBA right now. That's fine. :lol:

2012: 7th best record.
2013: 10th best record.
2014: 8th best record.

Half of the past decade, the Mavericks have held the third seed or better.

Yes, Dirk Nowitzki is 36.

But 2014 Dirk isn't as good as 2011 Dirk?

Well, in 2011 he averaged 23 PPG/7 REB/2.6 AST/1.8 TO on 52/39/89%.

And in 2014? He averaged 21.7 PPG/6.2 REB/2.7 AST/1.5 TO on 50/40/90.

Come Playoff time, if his team is ready, so will Dirk.

All those years when the Mavs were the 2nd and 3rd best team? Their best players were Josh Howard, Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Devin Harris. Those weren't the Nash/Finley years. Those are all post-Big 3. From 2005-2010, there was no Tyson Chandler. Jason Terry was Dirk's #2. Now, he has two #2's. :lol:

Monta Ellis right now is the best guard that Dallas has seen since Nash and a young Kidd. Chandler Parsons might be the best SF since the 80s. Tyson Chandler NOW is still the second best Center in the teams franchise (being second to himself in 2011, :lol: ).

My entire point has been that Dallas and Carlisle specifically maximizes the most out of his guys. He does a hell of a job winning basketball games. Give him some actual talent to work with? Yeesh.

I'm not predicting any post-season success because it's too early for that. But based on what's on paper? I'd say a 52-57 win team.

The biggest misnomer for the Dallas Mavericks is that they've been stacked with talent and good players the entire time Dirk has been there. Quite the opposite. The best players he's played with are Steve Nash, an old Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Tyson Chandler. Dirk has never played with a Hall of Famer in their prime. Nash was not a Hall of Famer before he went to Phoenix. Jason Kidd wasn't playing in his prime once he came back to Dallas. Tyson Chandler and Jason Terry aren't hall of famers.

Yes Rick is a great coach

Lebron went Bizarro Bron in 2011, he basically stopped himself

The decade isn't really relevant, the Lakers were great over the past decade too

Dirk isnt a superstar player like he was from 2005-2011 so the slate is different

You need to look closer at Dirk especially in regards to playoff time

Dirk in the 2011 NBA Playoffs- 27 PPG 8 RPG 2.5 APG shooting 49/46/94

Dirk in the 2014 NBA Playoffs- 19 PPG 8 RPG 1.6 APG shooting 43/08/80

So Dirk isn't declining especially when the playoffs come and he has to play more minutes?

Those guys may be the best the Mavs have had since________ Its irrelevant if they aren't the best in the NBA types now which I don't think they are

Monta, Parsons and Chandler aren't the top at their position type guys

Last edited:
I like this Mavs team, i think they could be anywhere from a 4-8 seed.

My issue is they need a wing who can defend 1/2 - 3 and I'm not sold on Chandler.
This offensively they should lead the league on efficiency but i don't think they can be a top 10 defensive team no matter how good Tyson will play defensively just too many holes to try to cover up. 

Rashard going right back to cut the check mode :lol:

How the hell he needs surgery from brisk walking from 3 pt line to 3 pt line :lol:

Bron left so he going back to that suit life.

i just wonder how jameer, devin harris or felton will try to guard CP3, parker, or westbrook in the playoffs. unless dirk goes back to his 2011 form and monta ellis has it all......they won't do anything in the playoffs.

and parsons can not guard KD at all, if they match up with OKC then it's a clean sweep.

Last edited:
I like the mavs.. But the west is just so damn tough..

You have: spurs, okc, clippers, blazers, rockets, grizz, warriors, suns and NO

Hell, the lakers and jazz are probably the only teams in the west that would truly shock me if they won 40 games.. Add the twolves when they trade love

laugh.gif
Yall really got JA started though. The Mavs are better than last year, I dont think much else needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom