• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in 1993 gimme a break papi
laugh.gif
whens your birthday 
nerd.gif

I'm assuming you meant watching. I've been enjoying the playoffs. Well the first round at least.

I'm still hoping for a Heat implosion so it will force Bron to leave and we throw the entire franchise at him. Also want my son Russ and to a lesser extent KD get a ring.

Nah, I meant playing. Anyone else feel like not playing in the NBA anymore?

laugh.gif

Watching, following, everything, like we're so far out of contention w/ no signs of hope, idc. 
ohwell.gif

yeah its probably wrong. well tehres a quote from batman and it contains darnkess and dawn and thats all i could come up with

View media item 939721

:lol:

"The brightest day is just before dawn"... That's what you went with.. Dawn is part of a day... How could part of a day be the brightest day when it happens every day?

The quote is.... "The night is always darkest before the dawn"

Last edited:
"The day is lightest during daylight."

"It's dark, at night"

"It's very cold, I'm tired"

Feel free to borrow some of these other fine quotes fella. :lol:

BY THE NUMBERS:

1  – Time the Lakers have now missed the postseason since he came to the squad in the 2007-08 season.

17.4  – Points per game, up from Gasol’s career low of 13.7 in the previous season and back to his output from 2011-12.

30  – Double-doubles for Gasol in his 60 games played, up from 15 in 2012-13, as he averaged 9.7 boards in his 31.4 minutes.

SEASON SUMMARY:

For much of the season, Gasol was the only expected starter from the preseason able to take the floor, with fellow veterans Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant combining to play only 21 games. The Spaniard struggled to carry his young and mostly new teammates to wins in his 60 games played. He was solid as usual offensively, but his defense and that of the team was ineffective for much of the season. Gasol was at his healthiest in January, when he posted impressive averages of 20.8 points, 11.9 boards, 3.9 assists and 1.7 blocks on 51.0 percent field goals. Health was an issue for him as well, as he missed the final eight games of the year due to vertigo and had battled a severe upper respiratory infection that plagued him early in the season. He came into the regular season needing some time to get in game shape due to an offseason procedure on both knees, but he did hold up well on that front and did not complain of knee problems during or after the season. It’s the 33-year-old’s hope to play four or five more years in the NBA, and he’s eager to take advantage of his free agency by listening to what several teams – including the Lakers – have to say on July 1.

IN HIS WORDS:

“Like I say every year, I don’t know. This year is a little different. I wasn’t sure if I’d be traded. This year, that possibility is out of the questions. It’s now because I’m in charge of my future and destiny and listen to the possibilities on the table. I look at this as an opportunity probably for the first and last time I’ll be a free agent where I can choose. It’s nothing like I’ve experienced before in the NBA.”

BY THE NUMBERS:

18.9  – Minutes per game for Kaman in his 39 appearances, a career low in his 11 seasons. He was at times the fourth choice at center behind Pau Gasol, Jordan Hill and Robert Sacre, with Mike D’Antoni preferring a stretch power forward.

28  – Points for Kaman on March 30 vs. Phoenix – one short of his career high –plus 17 rebounds and six assists, all season highs.

67.5  – Percentage of field goals made for Kaman in the restricted area, 79 of his 176 makes on the season coming around the hoop.

SEASON SUMMARY:

It was ultimately a disappointing 2013-14 for Chris Kaman, who came to L.A. hoping to play in a system with two big men, but often wound up the odd man out with the Lakers going small. In Mike D’Antoni’s system, the statistics showed very clearly that L.A. was indeed better when using a stretch four. In fact, eight of the Lakers’ top 10 line-ups on the season featured either Ryan Kelly, Shawne Williams or Wesley Johnson at the four alongside a single big man. That was most often Pau Gasol, though Kaman did have success when given playing time in such scenarios. When Gasol was out for much of March, Kaman averaged 14.0 points and 7.8 boards on 58.1 percent field goals in 20.5 minutes per game, before his season ended on April 1 against Portland due to a calf strain. On the season, Kaman appeared in 39 games with 13 starts, averaging 10.4 points, 5.9 boards and 1.0 blocks on 50.9 percent field goals in 18.9 minutes per game. A frequent jump shooter, Kaman hit 47.4 percent of his shots from 15-19 feet, but only 41.9 percent from 10-14 feet, failing to put much pressure on the defense. He preferred to pick and pop, as opposed to the pick-and-roll style fancied by D’Antoni. The Central Michigan product struggled to make any true impact on the defensive end, a lack of foot speed limiting his effectiveness with weak-side help.

IN HIS WORDS:

“I came here thinking it’d be two bigs – me and Pau (Gasol). No one really said that, but I anticipated that. I just don’t think it worked out how coach had anticipated either. My frustrations through the year of not having that set up and me coming off the bench and having little spurts (of playing time), it just was tough.”

BY THE NUMBERS:

59:  More games missed this season due to injury (76) than in any previous season, as Bryant played in only six games in 2013-14, his previous low of 65 coming in 2003-04.

592:  Points shy of Michael Jordan (32,292), with 31,700, which Bryant could surpass in about 23 games based on his career average of 25.5 points.

54,208:  Combined regular season (45,567) and playoff (8,641) minutes played by Bryant, more than all but four other players in NBA history: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 66,297; Karl Malone: 62,759; Jason Kidd: 56,199; Wilt Chamberlain: 55,418.

SEASON SUMMARY:

Well, that wasn’t very fun. Bryant barely took the floor in 2013-14 due to his recovery from a torn left Achilles tendon  and, just six games into his December return, a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau of his left knee  that ultimately put him out for the rest of the season. Bryant’s injuries were perhaps the biggest contributing factor to the worst season in Lakers history from a win/loss perspective (27-55), and it didn’t help that his teammates missed a collective 243 more games to injury and illness on top of his own 76. Bryant played a total of only 177 minutes on the season, so you can throw out his small-sample-size numbers of 13.8 points, 6.3 assists and 4.3 boards with 1.2 steals. He’d just begun to look more like himself in his sixth and final game on Dec. 17, a Lakers win at Memphis. For the optimists – which includes Kobe himself – the good news is that Bryant was medically cleared to return to the court on April 21, and has thus already begun a full five months of preparation ahead of October’s training camp. Bryant turns 36 in August, but will have had more time to build his body up for a NBA season than ever before in his career.

If Kobe doesn't average above 20 PPG next season will he retire like he said he would if that happens :nerd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom