2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nerd.gif

For all you salary cap junkies like myself...

The next tweet or few assume Jordan Clarkson grows into a high-level starting point guard by his 2016 free agency
— Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) April 5, 2015
Because Clarkson a 2nd-round pick, and the Lakers will have his early Bird rights - Gilbert Arenas provision applies http://t.co/48kYK3vZlC
Other teams can offer 2016 RFA Clarkson roughly $57 mil over 4 - but Lakers can match http://t.co/48kYK3vZlC
Technically if Clarkson is given a $57 mil offer sheet - he'd be only about $6+ mil for Lakers in 1st year if matched http://t.co/48kYK3vZlC
We're way ahead of ourselves - Jordan Clarkson has had 1 really good month on a really bad team - but Lakers in good position if he pans out
Lakers may be able to have 2-3 max guys in 2016 - and then pay Clarkson - but that's forever from now
Interesting. Didn't know the Gilbert Arenas rule applied to Clarkson. Makes it very, very difficult for other teams to get him in 2016.
— Ben Rosales (@brosales12) April 5, 2015

Last edited:
You guys need to realize he is 6‘4". Thats good height at the PG position. He has length that most people want and he is young. He can very well match up defensively. He looks quick to me. Just to insert, Phil.Jacksons philosophy was always about big PGs. Just saying though.

Last edited:
^ Obviously I'm biased, so I'll sit that one out.
YAS! I guarantee WCS will be available at 4, and if we get 4, that will absolutely be our best option.

Last edited:
I remember Winslow was at like 9-11 beginning of season. Never made sense to me, dude looks poised to be at least great defender in the league. And he's harden lite driving the basketball.

I literally CAN'T wait for the workout breakdowns of Stan/Winslow/Super Mario/Oubre/Dekker.

Should be highly competitive.

I say Winslow at 4 will be really hard to pass up.

Kobe
Winslow
Randle
Boss

8)

They probably pick up Hill's option in lieu of Boss if we don't draft a Center :smh:

My hope is that the only way they pick up Hill's option is with the 27 & 34 picks to move into the teens picks or get a role player and move up 5-6 spots.

Butttt that's probably not what happens, they keep Hill, waiting for a trade that never comes.

Last edited:
If we do land in that 4/5 spot in the draft and I'm looking at Winslow vs WCS. I pick Winslow all day.
As much as I think WCS is gonna be a nice dynamic big man, I can't see his ceiling going much past a Tyson chandler. And I'm sorry I hate big that can't produce anything offensively for you and aren't decent free throw shooters.
Give me Winslow. I noticed yesterday while watching him how much his body is just bigger than everybody else's out there. He can be a great defender and he is wicked going to the rack. He may be a nice compliment to Clarkson and Randle.
And besides we desperately need to keep building up our perimeter D as well as the transition D.

I'm just hoping Winslow doesn't turn out like the next Iman Shumpert.

Man I dereperatly wanna get blessed with that #2 pick badly. No lose.

I wonder who is gonna be the rookies most likely to get hurt next year?....

I think E is on to something with the #27 and #34 to get into the teens.

Maybe able to target Big Frank :nerd:

I can't see that package getting higher than early 20s.

That's if they package Hill with it, and get takers.. :lol: They're going to screw us all with Hill this offseason :smh:

Likely 27 & 34 gets you to 21-23.. Frank is likely gone by then. Celtics will pick him because... Celtics & White.

Last edited:
The emergence of Rudy Gobert and the jazz defense has me rethinking WCS.

Cant really go wrong in the top 5.

It's crazy but Okafor might be the player I want the least.

The emergence of Rudy Gobert and the jazz defense has me rethinking WCS.

Cant really go wrong in the top 5.

It's crazy but Okafor might be the player I want the least.
Yep

If this was 20 years ago, Okafor would be the choice no question. But nowadays, I take the dynamic guard or the elite defensive/athletic big over the elite post scorer with defensive limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom