2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in the span of one day, you've hyped Tarik Black getting 9 minutes.

You've mocked Ainge talking to Javale, tho he's not signing him.

You've claimed the young guys hurt the tank, even tho the 3 game winning streak featured 3 come from behind wins with Lin, Ellington, Boozer, Wes and Hill doing the 4th quarter comebacks.

You are now trying to push love on Mitch for landing multiple young draft picks, which was the plan of some of us in this very thread the past two years while you wanted to make the playoffs and mocked the idea of tanking.

You fail to note that Mitch has not helped out enough with said tank by letting the team completely bottom out and risking better slot positioning, two years in a row.

You STILL don't grasp that Mitch is going to keep these 2 picks, hopefully, then be out of picks the next couple years, while Ainge has multiple first rounders for the next 6.

Difference? Mitch HAS to tank right now to keep this asset.

Ainge, does not. He can actually build toward something, knowing he has multiple assets coming, year after year.

Someday, hopefully, you will start to see big picture stuff, and differences between angles and stop trying to be different just cuz. Hyping Tarik Black, who's been NAILED to the bench, is fairly stupid. Absolutely hope and pray he's good, I sure do, but we need to see him on the court to know that. Boozer, Hill block that. Which is exactly what some of us have been saying.

While you try to credit Byron. Cuz that's what you do. :lol:

It's either top shelf trolling, or you read every single situation backwards. Mr. I don't want to tank, draft picks don't matter, Wes/Henry/Kelly can be considered lotto type assets, Scott is good, Mitch is doing great, Ainge isn't ****, 18 first rounders don't mean anything yet our 2 are huge gets for Mitch and his praise, we always play the young guys even tho it was the vets winning games last week coming back from deficits created by the youngsters. :lol:

God damn that's a lot of misreads. :lol: :lol:

Clarkson last night...happy for the dude.
Remember lot or people hyping him up in summer league.
Can't wait for next season to start already...

Exactly what kind of offensive skillset does black have? From what I saw in hous/limited time here....he appears to be an energy guy. JCHill has the set shot/a semblance of skill around the bucket....Davis is crafty around the bucket but no face up game to speak of...so at 6'9"(6'10" with shoes) he isn't a true C. With Randle, where does he fit in the equation if we bring back kellz as a stretch 4/resign ed/exercise hills option? What separates black from the rest aside from being a banger/garbage bucket getter? Rim protection?

Obviously, the immediate answer is..."we don't know..we haven't seen enough cuz Scott won't play him"
But I mean does anyone have an advanced report on him that gives us a barometer for upside and gives us a gage on potential skillset and how it may translate.

Just curious....

Last edited:
That's exactly what he is. He's showed (so far anyways) to be an efficient finisher on offense and rebounder. So basically a fourth or fifth big on a team, so he should be competing with Sacre.

Word....was just wondering if anyone has seen a post game/face up jumper in the past to give us a reason to clamor for PT...I want to see more, but like u said..just a lot of bigs takin up mins. Thanks.

I have a feeling well see more soon.

Black is here for two more years after this one so there's plenty of time to evaluate. How much time do undrafted rookies typically get anyway. Checking his game log he's been very impressive in limited minutes. His defense is already better than boozer and hill from what I've seen, forced z Bo into some tough shots.

Mitch was "out of picks" last year also and somehow wound up with clarkson, another rookie in black, and two picks from the lin trade. If he wants young players he'll get some. Knowing he can get them at anytime there's really no point in collecting them like souvenirs. People mocked mitch for rumors of brook lopez trades, why can't I mock Ainge for seriously considering javale mcgee. Mcgee is the one who rejected ainge's offer. Credit mda for barely making the playoffs with nash/kobe/artest/pau/dwight before leading the team to their worst season in franchise history then mock scott for doing exactly what tankers wanted, competitive losing. Mda has literally quit on every team he's coached. Mock the front office saying we can't keep clarkson because we picked up boozer when that's totally false and JC will be here til 2020

Our vets have been losing games all year long. They go on a streak because of the momentum from a guy like clarkson and davis carrying them and all of a sudden they hurt the tank. The more time for clarkson and davis the worse it is for the tank, that was evident last night against a top defense.

Last edited:
im liking clarkys growth. so far so good. just needs to not lean into his shot as much.

Last edited:
Clarkson is the future 
pimp.gif

2 games back of the no. 2 spot. Please guys don't **** this up. Getting Towns is too important. 1-3 vs Minny and Philly should do it.

Right now it's

1. Towns
2. Mudiay

Everybody else is FAR down on the list, and I don't need much convincing to stay away from Okafor completely.

With out front office, they might pick Okafor over Towns. Not to say drafting Okafor would be an L, but Towns has too much upside not to go #1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom