2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelton:
Projecting the Lakers' pick

This season, the Lakers will keep their pick if it lands in the top five, a likely scenario. My simulations of the remainder of the season (factoring in lottery odds) have the Lakers keeping it nearly 84 percent of the time, with a small chance of the pick falling to sixth (14 percent) or rarely seventh (2 percent) and going to Philadelphia.

Next year, the protection decreases, and the Lakers only keep their pick if they win one of the top three spots in the lottery. It's difficult to project how the 2015-16 Lakers will fare when half of their roster remains unknown, but using players under contract, the typical production from this year's top-five pick and the expected return on the team's cap space, I estimate they could be expected to win 28 to 32 games.

In that case, simulating the season 1,000 times yields the 76ers getting the pick nearly 80 percent of the time -- sometimes a top-five selection. Combined, factoring in that Philadelphia can't get the Lakers' pick in 2016 if it already came in 2015, here's a guess at the Sixers' chances of getting the pick at various spots in the next two years.

insider_lakerspick_md_576x324.jpg
Computers 'puting.

I felt so embarrassed for us as fans and an organization seeing those buffoons celebrate that win like they won the Chip' :smh:
I hope in the offseason we can make a big trade including Lin, Young, and B.Scott
All would be right in the world

I swear some of yall just live to complain and be dissatisfied. Not singling out anyone in particular but damn. They lose and people are mad about the FO not putting together a winner. Reasonable, but now they win and people moan about celebrating the win, even though Boston did pretty much the exact same thing when they won. 0]

Last edited:
:lol:

The Lakers also shoot confetti after every win as well.

They won a game and celebrated. The players actually like each other.

'Embarrassing' and 'sick to my stomach' were words used about guys being happy they won.

:rofl:

Players should be depressed at all times. I want them to be miserable. Confetti is for winners.

I can remember having the most fun while playing on losing teams. There's no expectations to win so all we did was goof around all the time :lol:. Winning is a different kind of fun, more business and professional, like going to a work party

I don't see an issue with people being offended that a bunch of ******* scrubs were jumping up and down because they beat a down trodden team, when that team was playin a bunch of kids, and we out here with career losers havin the game of their life. Some folks refuse to take their homer shades off I guess and say what's really goin on. *shrugs*

I for one am damn proud. Boozer, Lin, Ellington, Ronnie Price, Nick Young, got wins vs the Celtics now, just like Magic, just like Kobe, just like Pau, or Worthy, just a historic night, beating the 20 win Celtics, in February. Why shouldn't they celebrate? Huge accomplishment in their careers.

Don't forget wes johnson with a stellar ballgame last night. Wes johnson last night.....was everything every scout envisioned he would be before the 2010 draft...aside from that mishandled lob, wes Johnson was fantastic.

:lol:

The Lakers also shoot confetti after every win as well.

They won a game and celebrated. The players actually like each other.

'Embarrassing' and 'sick to my stomach' were words used about guys being happy they won.

:rofl:

*Looks at record* .....*Looks at team* .....*Looks at record* .....*Looks at team we got the W over* .....all I am saying is just act like you been here before.
If Kobe was there he woulda punched somebody

Yep, Wes was good last night. All the guys that won't be on our team in 2 months were huge getting that win. And were really impressive struttin, barkin, actin hot while doin it. Really pleased with their poise and grit, somethin they can all build on for next year.....

On other teams.

On the bright side, it took heroic performances from Lin, Swaggy and Wes to beat an undermanned Celtics team in OT.

I don't care about players playing hard and trying to win. Thats what they are suppose to do as professional athletes. But don't go around here jumping up n down on camera
like you haven't been straight dog *** since October. Like ugh :smh: go somewhere and sit down.
And I was really on they're side with the tanking/losing but that post game made my stomach turn.

Nba should be more like football. No fun league. Only winning teams can smile. The rest of the league should be run like concentration camps. Anyone ever see that movie life is beautiful? Nick young is guido. The nerve of him to try to uplift the team when they're all gonna die anyway. Embarrassing :smh:

Yep, Wes was good last night. All the guys that won't be on our team in 2 months were huge getting that win. And were really impressive struttin, barkin, actin hot while doin it. Really pleased with their poise and grit, somethin they can all build on for next year.....

On other teams.
you wouldn't want Wes back CP?

:lol: :lol: They were so hot. Like.... scorching hot in OT too. Wes 9/11 Lin 10/15

Gotta just laugh it off.

Because it really is a sick joke.

Last edited:

On other teams.

you wouldn't want Wes back CP?

Depends on how you mean. Like, would I want him as a 5th-6th-7th man, in a main rotation?

No.

But would I take him back as the emergency, swing, 11th-12th Robert Sacre type role? Yeah, I could get with that. The old Devin Ebanks play once for 20 minutes every six weeks type of deal. I'd be ok with that.

But Wes Johnson spot ups, or Iso's, or bring the ball up the floor, naw, **** that. Suck dynamite Wes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom