2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

People are saying the Brian Roberts signing is like the Travis Hafner signing...injury but has upside...we'll see...I'd be happy (shocked) if he plays in 50 games

I would have preferred Reynolds over Roberts. Pay him a little more and get it done.

I like Chavez but I think the Yankees don't want to pay him.

The only way the pitching market is going to stop freezing up is when he signs. Can't panic and not wait for him to sign someone like Garza.

Balfour close to joining O's...

Means we'll be stuck with Rodney (at best).... Get off your *** Cashman and Hal and sign someone other than Matt Thorton for the damn pitching staff.. Stop waiting for Tanaka and making these piss poor signings to get him.

Still a 3rd place team :smh:

View media item 698339
Yankees officials have it up to $178mil... I'm only going by base salaries, so incentives and all that other jazz is an extra $8mil.. So I'm not sure why we were holding back on certain guys in terms of money.

I hope A-Rod doesn't get any suspension, and we miss out on Tanaka, and don't get anyone acceptable as consolation. To teach Cashman and Hal a lesson... Stop penny pinching, or at least be more active...

Last edited:
Again, the pitchers are not going to move until Tanaka is resolved. There's nothing the Yankees or any other team can do about it. They're going to wait and see what kind of contract he gets and use that to their advantage. Unless you wanna throw $23 million at guys like Garza and Santana now, it's going to have to wait. The SP market is going to be on a freeze until Tanaka signs, unless someone gets massively overpaid.

Again, the pitchers are not going to move until Tanaka is resolved. There's nothing the Yankees or any other team can do about it. They're going to wait and see what kind of contract he gets and use that to their advantage. Unless you wanna throw $23 million at guys like Garza and Santana now, it's going to have to wait. The SP market is going to be on a freeze until Tanaka signs, unless someone gets massively overpaid.

I'm talking 2B, 3B, Bullpen.... All things we just watched evaporate...

Roberts is good when he plays. One year deal is low risk, high reward.

D-Backs making Chavez a priority.

LA reporter leaked that Tanaka will be posted this Winter. The club will honor his wish to play in the majors. $80M-$100M with posting fee aside. ESPN source says Cubs are the early favorite.

Pro's right. Dust will settle after Tanaka for Garza, Santana, Jimenez.

Balfour was not destined for the Bronx. Not with his anger issues.

i can't deal with rodney here and his arrow makin tex look up at the sky when he gets a save ... not after what just left out that bullpen ..

i like the roberts signing. he's been a pain in the *** for years against us so hopefully he works for us ..

i can't deal with rodney here and his arrow makin tex look up at the sky when he gets a save ... not after what just left out that bullpen ..

i like the roberts signing. he's been a pain in the *** for years against us so hopefully he works for us ..
its the same us the Soriano "shirt pull-out" or the Valverde "Ray Lewis Dance"

Roberts is good when he plays. One year deal is low risk, high reward.

D-Backs making Chavez a priority.

LA reporter leaked that Tanaka will be posted this Winter. The club will honor his wish to play in the majors. $80M-$100M with posting fee aside. ESPN source says Cubs are the early favorite.

Pro's right. Dust will settle after Tanaka for Garza, Santana, Jimenez.

Balfour was not destined for the Bronx. Not with his anger issues.
im on board with the bargain basement shopping so we can throw the kitchen sink at Tanaka we need that young SP with upside we can piece together a competent league average bullpen with some upside.

Wave: I've tracked Tanaka carefully. Just know, he's not Yu Darvish. More a #2 at best.

Low-90's fastball, can touch 96 at its peak. Good splitter, not as good as Uehara's though. Third pitch slider. Mixes in a curve occasionally.

Wave: I've tracked Tanaka carefully. Just know, he's not Yu Darvish. More a #2 at best.

Low-90's fastball, can touch 96 at its peak. Good splitter, not as good as Uehara's though. Third pitch slider. Mixes in a curve occasionally.
I know hes not Yu but hes the closest thing to a young SP with prime years ahead that we can acquire especially with CC's decline an age of Kuroda

I pray to god now that Tanaka isn't likely to come play in the US this year, since the Eagles will offer him a record contract that we go after Garza... If we go Phelps & Pineda in our rotation next year, we are in deep trouble.

1- C.C.
2- Kuroda
3- Nova
4- Garza
5- Phelps/Pineda

Solid 5.

Then next year you'll have to replace the #2 & maybe #5.

Scherzer & Kershaw (I don't see them taking an extension when they'll get bigger money from their current teams or future teams).. Make a huge play at one of them.. Then make another play at Tanaka whose salary will go down a bit because it's a more loaded market.

Good rotation in 2014
Ridiculous rotation in 2015.

Don't lose hope just yet.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
One executive believes Tanaka will be eventually be posted, after machinations: "All sides are doing the dance they need to do."

I pray to god now that Tanaka isn't likely to come play in the US this year, since the Eagles will offer him a record contract that we go after Garza... If we go Phelps & Pineda in our rotation next year, we are in deep trouble.

1- C.C.
2- Kuroda
3- Nova
4- Garza
5- Phelps/Pineda

Solid 5.

Then next year you'll have to replace the #2 & maybe #5.

Scherzer & Kershaw (I don't see them taking an extension when they'll get bigger money from their current teams or future teams).. Make a huge play at one of them.. Then make another play at Tanaka whose salary will go down a bit because it's a more loaded market.

Good rotation in 2014
Ridiculous rotation in 2015.
id gladly take Garza since hes been very productive as an AL East frontline/mid-rotation guy but they seem allergic to him

Back
Top Bottom