2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Well considering the fact that the most glaring weakness the Bulls have is lack of players who can CREAT their own offense as well as offense for others i'm not mad at that idea.

I believe thibs is one of the few coaches in the league who could get Reke to play to his potential, plus our locker room would be a stablizing force that he's NEVER had in Sac. If you can get him for cheap its a low risk high reward type of move.

i think dudes under estimating reke in the chi. Hes never had a respectable/knowledgeable coach or good vets around him to help his game at all. I can see him in chicago working out especially since they have no one that can create offensively 

Well considering the fact that the most glaring weakness the Bulls have is lack of players who can CREAT their own offense as well as offense for others i'm not mad at that idea.

I believe thibs is one of the few coaches in the league who could get Reke to play to his potential, plus our locker room would be a stablizing force that he's NEVER had in Sac. If you can get him for cheap its a low risk high reward type of move.

Yeah, Tyreke could play with, or for Rose in stretches and keep the O movin. And as stated, if anyone could get him right, Tibbs and or Pop would be the ones.

If the Kings asked for something of value from the Bulls, then no, but if it's a mid level guy, a contract, maybe a second round type pick or prospect, sure I take that deal for the Bulls and roll the dice.

Smith for Gasol and Metta?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

absolutely no thought was put into this one

@KBergCBS One deal on the table for the Bucks is Luc Mbah a Moute and a first-round pick to Orlando for J.J. Redick, sources say.
@KBergCBS The belief among rival execs is that the Bucks would only acquire Redick if they first decided to move Monta Ellis as part of a bigger deal.

how would that trade help Orlando at all?
They would be getting one of the best defensive players in the league on a reasonable contract and a first round draft pick.

@KBergCBS One deal on the table for the Bucks is Luc Mbah a Moute and a first-round pick to Orlando for J.J. Redick, sources say.
@KBergCBS The belief among rival execs is that the Bucks would only acquire Redick if they first decided to move Monta Ellis as part of a bigger deal.

They would be getting one of the best defensive players in the league on a reasonable contract and a first round draft pick.

no no, I like Mbah a Moute as a player, he is a phenomenal defender...but I dont think he is the type of the player that they need, being he doesnt provide any sort of offense and cant stretch the floor. The pick is...ok I guess, but I dont think this helps them get better at all

no no, I like Mbah a Moute as a player, he is a phenomenal defender...but I dont think he is the type of the player that they need, being he doesnt provide any sort of offense and cant stretch the floor. The pick is...ok I guess, but I dont think this helps them get better at all
But is there a player that provides offense that fits the Magic out there? If not, then go for the very good defensive player. While the Magic are bad offensively, they're also one of the worst defensive teams in the league too.

Both ESPN's Chris Broussard and CBS' Ken Berger are reporting that the Bucks and Hawks are talking about a trade involving Monta Ellis and Josh Smith.
The Hawks reportedly think that Ellis and Jeff Teague would mesh well together in their backcourt. The Bucks, meanwhile, have bigger plans up their sleeve. If they can pry Smith from the Hawks, they'd perhaps then try to trade defensive stopper Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and a pick to the Magic for J.J. Redick. That would leave them with a very solid starting five of Brandon Jennings, Redick, Ersan Ilyasova, Smith and Larry Sanders. It's a potential deal to monitor as the Hawks weigh their options ahead of Thursday's deadline.

yeah, I guess you're right.

Jameer
Afflalo (who is having a pretty good season)
Harkless
Nicoleson
Vuicic

Where would they fit him in? I'm assuming backing up their 3/4 spots because you dont want to bench your rookies at this point until you figure out what you have with them

yeah, I guess you're right.

Jameer
Afflalo (who is having a pretty good season)
Harkless
Nicoleson
Vuicic

Where would they fit him in? I'm assuming backing up their 3/4 spots because you dont want to bench your rookies at this point until you figure out what you have with them
luc isn't a guy who's gonna play 30 mins so bringing him off the bench wouldn't be a big deal. either way, orlando is just gonna tank to bring the stern prophecy to life on the day of the lottery

Just trying to help my Lakers make a deal.... Get rid of Pau while u still can now! Kupchak needs to get fired and Buss Jr. needs to step down!

Chris Sheridan was just on WFAN out here in NY and he said he "strongly believes" Howard will be traded to the Nets by thursday.

He said he was talking Howard during allstar weekend and said dude is miserable out there.

According to him he said the Nets can trade for Howard without giving up Lopez and that the Nets have guys stashed in Europe to give up, plus giving up Brooks, Taylor & draft picks.

Last edited:
Chris Sheridan was just on WFAN out here in NY and he said he "strongly believes" Howard will be traded to the Nets by thursday.

He said he was talking Howard during allstar weekend and said dude is miserable out there.

According to him he said the Nets can trade for Howard without giving up Lopez and that the Nets have guys stashed in Europe to give up, plus giving up Brooks, Taylor & draft picks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dwight + Brooke + Crash+ Joe + Deron contracts all at the same time?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski says "no one" will offer impending restricted free agent Brandon Jennings a max contract.
The Bucks hold all the cards here. Even if Jennings wants out of Milwaukee, he's not going to get a monster deal this summer and the Bucks "will match" any offer sheet he signs. Monta Ellis is much more likely to get traded by Thursday's deadline.

Back
Top Bottom