2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

^ It also said he had the same return flight and was staying at The W, the same hotel as them...

:rofl: :rofl: wow. They're pulling out all the stops

Dre, any news on Malik McDowell???

All I know is that the family seems split on where they want him to go. Mom and Dad are on board w/ UM, but not MSU. Malik is on board w/ MSU (from what I gather this is his 1st choice) but the parents want UM. Parents are lukewarm on OSU. Parents and Malik seem to like FSU a good bit. FSU folks seem to feel good about this one, about as good as you can feel about a prospect who is thousands of miles away. Hopefully he joins the good guys.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2201920659/95523095_display_image.jpg [/quote]

[/Spoiler]

Pretty much the same as what I have seen... If Michigan wasn't an abortion the last 2 years I think he would already be a Wolverine but I can't blame him for not wanting to be a part of this team... Not a ton to get excited about in reality... Team has very average talent and the coaches seem to be in the same boat

MIchigan will probably bounce but no clue what David Brandon will do... I would not be shocked to see them go Under Armour if they pay big bucks... Nike is obviously the fans choice

In today's "College football recruiting is basically legal stalking" news:

Malachi Dupre, Kenny Young, and Davon Godchaux all flew out together from Louisiana today for their official visit to UCLA this weekend. Apparently Cam Cameron just happened to also have the same flight to LA (presumably under the guise of going to visit Adoree Jackson) and sat next to the three kids. Probably at least a minor violation, although I doubt anything actually comes of it.
^ It also said he had the same return flight and was staying at The W, the same hotel as them... Dre, any news on Malik McDowell???
yup he is staying at the W hotel at the same time as them and has the same return flight.

you cant even make this stuff up
roll.gif

In today's "College football recruiting is basically legal stalking" news:

Malachi Dupre, Kenny Young, and Davon Godchaux all flew out together from Louisiana today for their official visit to UCLA this weekend. Apparently Cam Cameron just happened to also have the same flight to LA (presumably under the guise of going to visit Adoree Jackson) and sat next to the three kids. Probably at least a minor violation, although I doubt anything actually comes of it.

^ It also said he had the same return flight and was staying at The W, the same hotel as them... Dre, any news on Malik McDowell???

yup he is staying at the W hotel at the same time as them and has the same return flight.

you cant even make this stuff up:rofl:

What a ****ing bum.

SEC country :smh:

I'm still a little salty Derrell Scott didn't want to join the Gamecocks. Conversations I had with him revealed he'd rather be in a spread offense > zone-read though. He's not an every-down back, but will be a star in the passing/screen game.

Took a glance at A&Ms class ... #UNFAIR.

I don't even care about the jerseys. Adidas fan gear is just terrible. The polos aren't bad, but their t-shirts are jackets/hoodies are the absolute worst.

Last edited:
w640xh480_USPW_35829.jpg

[h1]Report: NCAA doesn't appear to be investigating extra benefits allegedly received by SEC players[/h1]
In September, an investigation by Yahoo! Sports discovered that five SEC football players had received "extra benefits"  prior to the completion of their collegiate careers and, as a result, violated NCAA rules.

University of Alabama (now San Diego Chargers) offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee (now Kansas City Chiefs) quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle (now Philadelphia Eagles) Fletcher Cox, and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis were named as the recipients. Their identities were revealed through financial records and text messages belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis, who was reportedly acting as an intermediary between the players and several NFL agents and financial advisers.

Now, five months later, Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com is reporting that two sources from the schools' side claim the NCAA doesn't appear to be investigating the case.

"Nobody will talk to them and they can't find Luther," a source from one of the three schools said. 

Indianapolis-based attorney Stu Miller, who has dealt with NCAA cases before, told Fowler it's possible Alabama agent lawmakers want to investigate the case first and the NCAA is holding off as a result. 

State Rep. Jack Williams told AL.com  in September that if the report proved accurate, Davis and Fluker, along with the agents and financial advisers mentioned in the story, would be in violation of Alabama's sport agent laws. But, as Fowler points out, Alabama's football program doesn't appear to have been disrupted since the story broke.

Last edited:
I'm reading that Michigan is ready to leave adidas too once their contract ends?

Thats what the insiders have been saying... Terrible service for the football and basketball teams... When jerseys got ripped it would take 3+ weeks to get new ones... Michigan had to mend them all themselves... They cut big checks but then are nowhere to be found... Plus their apparel is garbage

I'm reading that Michigan is ready to leave adidas too once their contract ends?

Thats what the insiders have been saying... Terrible service for the football and basketball teams... When jerseys got ripped it would take 3+ weeks to get new ones... Michigan had to mend them all themselves... They cut big checks but then are nowhere to be found... Plus their apparel is garbage

UCLA's contract ends in 2017, sounds like we'd be the last big name school with them, along with Wisconsin. Hopefully we make the change too.

w640xh480_USPW_35829.jpg

[h1]Report: NCAA doesn't appear to be investigating extra benefits allegedly received by SEC players[/h1]
In September, an investigation by Yahoo! Sports discovered that five SEC football players had received "extra benefits"  prior to the completion of their collegiate careers and, as a result, violated NCAA rules.

University of Alabama (now San Diego Chargers) offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee (now Kansas City Chiefs) quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle (now Philadelphia Eagles) Fletcher Cox, and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis were named as the recipients. Their identities were revealed through financial records and text messages belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis, who was reportedly acting as an intermediary between the players and several NFL agents and financial advisers.

Now, five months later, Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com is reporting that two sources from the schools' side claim the NCAA doesn't appear to be investigating the case.

"Nobody will talk to them and they can't find Luther," a source from one of the three schools said. 

Indianapolis-based attorney Stu Miller, who has dealt with NCAA cases before, told Fowler it's possible Alabama agent lawmakers want to investigate the case first and the NCAA is holding off as a result. 

State Rep. Jack Williams told AL.com  in September that if the report proved accurate, Davis and Fluker, along with the agents and financial advisers mentioned in the story, would be in violation of Alabama's sport agent laws. But, as Fowler points out, Alabama's football program doesn't appear to have been disrupted since the story broke.
What SEC programs have seen any kind of legitimate penalties?  I think South Carolina is still on probation which was basically a slap on the wrist for housing students in a hotel at rates that were like 1/5 of what's advertised (even for extended stays) and numerous football players had never even paid...but they somehow came up with the money when it was revealed and paid it off.

Otherwise, have any teams been hit with penalties?  I really can't remember.

In terms of that article, I wonder how hard the agent lawmakers in Alabama really want to look into this and where their allegiances truly lie, they're probably getting just as much money from the agents to keep their mouths shut.  "Nope, sorry we couldn't find any wrongdoing but thanks for asking."

I wonder what the result would be if these were Pac-12 schools instead.  *Waits for jmadidas*

Back
Top Bottom