2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Kirk Ferentz was quoted as saying he may give up on returning punts this season, because a few teams have fake punted against them and got first downs.
Despite Iowa being 2nd in the nation in punt return yardage. Lulz write themselves.

And Oregon still hasn't played anyone with a formidable pass rush or defense for that matter

Nicholls State, Tennessee, UVA, Colorado, and Cal are hardly formidable teams, with each of those FBS teams Oregon have played being bottom feeders of each of theirs conference. Not to mention 3 out of those 5 teams with new coaches and new systems.

We all know Oregon has an explosive offense, but Mariota is still completing under 60% of his passes,

Truth be told Oregon still has not been tested Defensively or Offensively either although like FSU and the other top 6 to 8 teams they have passed the "Eye" test

Our past 5 years and BCS records holds enough weight

our future schedule speaks for it self too

And Oregon still hasn't played anyone with a formidable pass rush or defense for that matter

Nicholls State, Tennessee, UVA, Colorado, and Cal are hardly formidable teams, with each of those FBS teams Oregon have played being bottom feeders of each of theirs conference. Not to mention 3 out of those 5 teams with new coaches and new systems.

We all know Oregon has an explosive offense, but Mariota is still completing under 60% of his passes,

Truth be told Oregon still has not been tested Defensively or Offensively either although like FSU and the other top 6 to 8 teams they have passed the "Eye" test

Our past 5 years and BCS records holds enough weight

our future schedule speaks for it self too

Oregon isn't Notre Dame, please don't live in the past.

Before the FSU game Maryland beat

Florida International
Old Dominion
Uconn
West Virginia

so just by seeing them play these cup cakes you thought they had a explosive offense? :lol:

FSU havent been tested really to give them a grade

BC is garbage and they still put up points against FSU

If FSU can go undefeated or go with only one loss I will give them some credit

there schedule is easy tho if they can get past Clemson

Miami isnt the old U they still rebuilding same thing with Florida
Just wondering what has FSU done this year that makes then look so good? How is the schedule easy other then Clemson when they gotta play Miami and Florida still after that. Cause if those are easy games they most be worlds beaters. Nobody has really proven anything. If Florida beats LSU this week are they as bad as you think? What if Clemson completely blows out fsu next week? There's no way we can judge teams yet. If Florida does beat LSU then it shows were better then people think.

Last edited:
#VaTech to play #Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016, per source. Expected to draw a record 150,000-160k fans.
— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) October 9, 2013

In 2005, track owner Bruton Smith made a public offer of $20 million apiece to the University of Tennessee (UT) and Virginia Tech to schedule a non-conference college football game between the powerhouse Vols and Hokies' programs.

:lol: @ saying Maryland had an explosive offense

Oh boy

Football game at Bristol is epic

Last edited:
Interesting development.

Also nike is bidding super high to get the tennessee contract.

Vols bout to recoup all the moniez mike hamilton lost them

Probably headed to Umich for grad school so I will be spending my saturdays in the big house the next 3 yrs if all goes right, but I will def return to KnoxVegas for one game at Neyland per year. Looks like in 2016 I'll be headed to Bristol :smokin

Just have to say that after personally witnessing the worst four years of Vols football history (THE WHOLE DAMN DOOLEY ERA!!), that I do believe Butch Jones is the guy for us (doesn't hurt that most of the coaching staff are Michiganders :tongue: ). Neyland was by far the most alive I've ever seen it in my tenure here and it was truly an experience. With that being said, I will be one of the biggest trash talkers on earth when my Vols get back to ballin' because quite frankly I deserve it :lol: #GBO #V4L

Will Nike have to outfit the entire athletic department?

Yes. Its the only way to beat out adidas

Wowwwwwww 160k plus fans. Only problem is will proba ly cancel out the Vols trip to Nebraska, bit you haveeeeee to trade that out. No brainer

Last edited:
Pretty sure adidas outfits the entire athletic departments of every program it sponsors, right? I know UCLA is all adidas, at least.

Does Nike not normally do that for it's schools?

Last edited:
Holding a football game at a race track has poor view of the field written all over it.

TAMU Track & Field is still Nike, but I think that's part of Pat Henry's contract. Adidas does all of the other sports at TAMU.

Back
Top Bottom