2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Kirby Smart prolly still waiting for that Georgia HC position to open up..3 years ago when richt seat was hot that's all fans wanted was Kirby

I've been watching Oregon play for a looong time and I can't recall ever seeing it rain like that at Autzen :x

I was goin' to go deer hunting that weekend, but I looked at the forecast for around Mary's Peak :lol:

Somewhat unrelated, I guess.

@Chip_Patterson ABC11 reporting that 5 people connected to UNC FB scandal will be indicted on criminal charges in Orange Co. [\quote]

Big recruiting at OU this weekend. Joe Mixon and Michiah Quick are visiting.

Adrian Peterson and Gerald McCoy will be at the game :pimp: :pimp:

Texas is the single best job in college football.  Especially if you can recruit nationally and can command the respect of the boosters, ahem, Nick Saban...

This is arguable, saying Texas is a top ten or even top five is not arguable. "Single best", holy hyperbole. I understand the resources and booster support and the in state recruiting, however others can boost other factors that Texas lags in.

This is arguable, saying Texas is a top ten or even top five is not arguable. "Single best", holy hyperbole. I understand the resources and booster support and the in state recruiting, however others can boost other factors that Texas lags in.

Texas is by far the best job in college football that is coming from an OU fan. Second best would probably be Notre Dame IMO.

Mack Brown can't develop a player for ish and they get top 3 recruiting classes year in and year out. If they got a coach who can develop players with the talent in the area. It would be disgusting.

Good thing Bob Stoops owns that program.

Last edited:
Do you live in the Southwest?

Like I said, arguable, so much hyperbole. Guess even that is bigger in Texas.

Texas doesn't have the national appeal/reach that Notre Dame, USC and Michigan have, IMO.

Curious do you consider USC a top 10 program?

OU
Bama
Texas
ND
Michigan
Ohio St.
USC
Florida
LSU
FSU

no particular order of course.

Do you live in the Southwest?

Like I said, arguable, so much hyperbole. Guess even that is bigger in Texas.

Texas doesn't have the national appeal/reach that Notre Dame, USC and Michigan have, IMO.

I live in NYC. USC can't even sell out their games. Same level as Miami in that respect.

Curious do you consider USC a top 10 program?

You don't?

So Miami isn't top 10 because they can't sell out?

Success isn't a part of the criteria?

Have you checked tv ratings when certain teams play? Almost as important as attendance, if not more.

I live in NYC. USC can't even sell out their games. Same level as Miami in that respect.
This is not true, USC takes no back seat to any program in America.

It's all personal preference, Austin & LA are great cities and neither programs take back sweat to each other. Best 2 cfb jobs imo.

Coming up with a top 5 is hard, even a top 10 is difficult. That's why throwing out a "single best" or "top program" in the country is kind of laughable. It's a very bold statement that is tough to back up, since everyone has different criterias.

Top 5 in no order
Texas
ND
USC
Michigan
Ohio St.

Not a bad top 5, but no Bama or a single SEC school?

Coming up with a top 5 is hard, even a top 10 is difficult. That's why throwing out a "single best" or "top program" in the country is kind of laughable. It's a very bold statement that is tough to back up, since everyone has different criterias.

Top 5 in no order
Texas
ND
USC
Michigan
Ohio St.

Not a bad top 5, but no Bama or a single SEC school?

Florida and Ohio st. are interchangeable to me

Back
Top Bottom