2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Great day to be a Syracuse Orange fan especially as an alum. The Pinstripe Bowl isn't a bowl with prestige, but it means a lot to the program, university and alumni in the NYC metro area considering where they had been just a few years ago.

It was a terrible start to the season, but they turned it around it end the season on a high note with momentum going into the off season and ACC.  If you would have told me four years ago that, this program would win two bowl games in that span I would have laughed in your face. Cuse fans didn't have much to look forward to after what Greg Robinson did to the program, but Doug Marrone has righted the ship. I didn't think he would and after the 5-7 year as well as the 2-4 start, many including myself were beginning to grow impatient. This job is his to lose and with him at the helm, a new era (no pun intended) of Syracuse football is on the horizon. It will take time for the team to get acclimated to the ACC, but they won't be a bottom feeder.

Regarding the game, we've had West Virginia's number for the last couple of years, but I didn't think they'd show out like this today. I knew they would perform well, but they smothered the Mountaineers and gave Geno Smith hell. The run game stole the show as it was supposed to be an aerial showcase. What can you say about the defense that hasn't been said already? Scott Shafer had these guys ready for the three headed monster of Austin, Bailey and Smith. This win is even bigger considering that it was our rival who we won't play anymore due to our conference affiliation save for random situations like this.

Last edited:
Great day to be a Syracuse Orange fan especially as an alum. The Pinstripe Bowl isn't a bowl with prestige, but it means a lot to the program, university and alumni in the NYC metro area considering where they had been just a few years ago.

It was a terrible start to the season, but they turned it around it end the season on a high note with momentum going into the off season and ACC.  If you would have told me four years ago that, this program would win two bowl games in that span I would have laughed in your face. Cuse fans didn't have much to look forward to after what Greg Robinson did to the program, but Doug Marrone has righted the ship. I didn't think he would and after the 5-7 year as well as the 2-4 start, many including myself were beginning to grow impatient. This job is his to lose and with him at the helm, a new era (no pun intended) of Syracuse football is on the horizon. It will take time for the team to get acclimated to the ACC, but they won't be a bottom feeder.

Salute.

I was at the game, awesome experience.

Oregon State really botching that situation. What was Riley afraid of? Use that timeout when you see that the clock is still running. If the refs screwed up then they'll give you back that timeout and put more seconds on the clock.

really could have used these refs against Auburn, even if they're SEC :smh:

calling Cooks down :smh:

Storm Woods out there gashing the Texas defense on the ground but Oregon State still calling passing plays for Vaz like he's Brady :smh:

Marqise Lee may miss Sun Bowl
Updated: December 30, 2012, 11:51 PM ET
By Pedro Moura | Special to ESPNLosAngeles.com

Email
Print

EL PASO, Texas -- Coach Lane Kiffin is still hopeful that his star player, sophomore receiver Marqise Lee, will play in Monday's season-ending Hyundai Sun Bowl for the Trojans.

But he's not sure yet. Kiffin said Sunday at his final pregame news conference that Lee's status for the bowl is unknown and could depend on how he rebounds from Sunday afternoon's final walk-through.

More On USC

For more news and notes on the Trojans, check out ESPNLosAngeles.com's blog. Blog

Lee, the 2012 Biletnikoff Award winner, went down holding his left knee early in Saturday's practice and then sat out of the rest of the session, according to multiple reports. Later Saturday, at a bowl game dinner, he appeared to be fine, walking without restraint.

Lee has played in all of USC's 24 games in his first two seasons with the Trojans, playing through minor nagging injuries many times.

USC's Sunday walk-through, held at the Sun Bowl, was the final on-field activity for the Trojans before Monday's 11 a.m. PT game.

Kiffin said the status of senior running back Curtis McNeal for Monday's game is also up in the air. McNeal has missed multiple bowl practices with an undisclosed injury.

USC receiver Robert Woods told reporters he'll announce whether he plans to leave for the NFL immediately following Monday's game. Woods, a 20-year-old junior, reportedly received a second-round grade from the NFL on his evaluation.

It don't matter, Tech bout to wreck them fools
laugh.gif

Storm Woods out there gashing the Texas defense on the ground but Oregon State still calling passing plays for Vaz like he's Brady :smh:

Now that I have calmed down a bit I feel like I can comment on the Beavers. Man Mike Riley is a moron. Cody Vaz is terrible, he wasn't a threat to throw the ball all damn game, and taking all those sacks :x get rid of the damn ball. Riley's play calling was some of the worst I have ever seen outside of Scott Linehan of the Detroit Lions. Beavers should have stomped Texas, shouldn't even have been close. Mike Riley is fully to blame for leaving Vaz in the game when he was obviously shook, and not running the ball enough when we clearly were dominating them in that part of the game.

Boise State to stay in the Mountain West. They parlayed the conference's desperation and got their home rights which was going to be the deciding factor between the Big East and MWC. Program is full of themselves. No other school in the nation has their home rights.

Boise State to stay in the Mountain West. They parlayed the conference's desperation and got their home rights which was going to be the deciding factor between the Big East and MWC. Program is full of themselves. No other school in the nation has their home rights.
sounds like a smart program to me

Easy stance guy over here.  Really going out on a limb with your predictions this bowl season.

I hope SC wins and bankrupts you.
Take the L and keep it movin'...
glasses.gif

Rumor is, Shaq Wiggins will decommit from UGA at the All Star game. 
eyes.gif

I don't believe he does, but if he does...hello Mack Alexander.

Last edited:
Enjoy Tony Stevens tmay
We'll probably lose either Kyrion Parker or Quincy Adeboyejo, but Tony Stevens gives us a deep vertical threat which we don't have yet.

Give me Mackensie Alexander too :pimp: If not him, Shaq Wiggins wouldn't be bad...

Supposedly Momma Alexander is now pushing for Mackensie to play with his brother, and Rutgers is now at or near the top :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom