2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Really hush hush about the open DC job, handful of candidates have been identified, waiting on the coaching carousel to settle a bit. One thing has been confirmed and that is that it wont be from within the program, takes Orgeron (not interested, just got promoted to Asst Head Coach), Sanders and Hazelton out of the mix.

Realistic possibility: Mark Banker from Oregon State, Clancy Pendergast Cal, Joe Barry SD Chargers, DeWayne Walker NM State
Longshot possibilities: Randy Shannon TCU

Tressel would be cold blooded hire, but "show cause" will make him toxic to any top D1 program.

Last edited:
I dont think it would take much to show cause on hiring Tressel. not much of a risk at a place like Wisconsin.

I just heard Eldridge Massington and USC have decided to end their commitment to eachother.

If Strong takes the UT job, yall gonna lose Jalen Ramsey.

Wisconsin ins't the type of school that will ruffle feathers, just my opinion.

Massington's scholarship was contingent on him being an EE due to limited rides, he blew out his knee and couldn't finish HS in December. Tough break. Isaac is having the same issue, except he finished his coursework but his school isn't letting him leave early without paying a "exit fee".

:smh:

The key to Ramsey being a Vol is Tee Martin...

Hutchings may also be in play for you guys with Strong in the mix. This class is already a tight knit group, even though, there is going to be a lot of movement until the faxes start rolling in. There will be decommitments and commitments.

yup and the guys Strong was gathering info about would make it a staff laden with "Vols"

Last edited:
Doesn't tressel fit better at a Mac job right now? And with the way he use to recruit Florida usf wouldn't be bad.

The hell is cal doing?

You better check son.

when Stoops left...

FIU fired Mario Cristobal. ( LOL )

are you serious. who does FIU think they are?

You better check son.
when Stoops left...

Heard nothing about that. Word was that if Coley (His main recruiter) left then he wasn't coming. Being that he's staying (unless he's going to FIU) & just had his in home w/ him I don't see the Bama push. Unless it's Ice doing it and if so he's doing quite the 007 job

Trooper taylor staying at Auburn.

Not sure if the NCAA has allowed him to get back on the road, but if so, I'd expect The Barn's class to be Sick

Fiu should be doing better even though they get leftover leftovers
They have 1 bad year after 2 consecutive bowl appearances w/1 win. Cristobal practically made the football team relevant... They lose their playmaker in TY and their starting QB from last year. It's not like they have much to work with. FIU isn't exactly an elite football school. Just doing Cristobal dirty after turning down offers last year.

Last edited:
what's the word, Jay... we gonna know something today?

now there are reports that UofL preparing a big extension for Strong.

Jadeveon Clowney named top DE

CHICAGO -- South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney has won the 2012 Ted Hendricks Award, becoming the first sophomore chosen as the nation's top defensive end.

Clowney set a school record for sacks (13), tackles for loss in a season (21½) and sacks in a single game (4½ vs. Clemson). He was chosen for the All-Southeastern Conference team earlier this week.

The other finalists were Morgan Breslin from Southern California, Tank Carradine and Bjoern Werner from Florida State, Sam Montgomery from LSU and Damontre Moore from Texas A&M.

wow......can't believe they fired Mario........arrogant bunch of ******* in that administrative office 

Back
Top Bottom