2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

:rolleyes
both teams played a lot of cupcakes
only defense k state has played that's worth noting is OU.
a&m has played LSU and UF, and about to play bama.
i think if he played in the big12, those numbers would be higher

I know who TAMU and Kansas St. have played. He's played 2 defenses w/ a pulse and Klein has played one. So I'm crazy to think at this point that his numbers would be very similar to what they are right now had he remained in the B12? Ok then, I guess.

i don't think you're crazy. it's a fair assessment. i was just stating that i would think his numbers would be higher. is it also worth noting the pace of b12 offenses running at an exponentially faster pace, and if johnny played in the b12 still he'd get more plays on offense, equaling higher production?

i don't think you're crazy. it's a fair assessment. i was just stating that i would think his numbers would be higher. is it also worth noting the pace of b12 offenses running at an exponentially faster pace, and if johnny played in the b12 still he'd get more plays on offense, equaling higher production?

TAMU runs at a high pace right now in the SEC, as do a couple of other teams. They're still getting 70+ plays a game I believe

And his numbers would be higher, but not by some sort of exponential amount. That's why I said they would be similar.

TAMU runs at a high pace right now in the SEC, as do a couple of other teams. They're still getting 70+ plays a game I believe

And his numbers would be higher, but not by some sort of exponential amount. That's why I said they would be similar.

i meant the opposition. as in, the opposing SEC offenses take longer than b12 ones do, meaning less time for johnny to be on the field

Well I know they played SMU, Miss St, Auburn, Ole Miss, Louisiana Tech & they all play at a pretty high pace. LSU, Arky and Florida don't play hurry up but I know they got plenty of plays off vs. Arkansas and Arky was going 3 and out a lot and putting the TAMU offense back on the field a lot

There are way too many other factors to consider other than just raw numbers, but here some raw numbers just for fun:

TAMU's avg. opponent defense (so far) gives up 380.89 yards, which equates to the 51st in the nation (from a yds/gm point). Including future opponents, total avg. will be 360.36 yards (38th)
KSU's avg. opponent defense (so far) gives up 407.37 yards, good for 68th in the nation. Including future opponents, total average will be 415.13 yards (73rd).

Also looked and saw that Klein has been involved in about 56.7% of his team's plays, with Johnny at 60.52% (those include Missouri St. and SCSU, which I didn't count in defense stats above). Johnny averages about 7.79 yds/play to Klein's 7.89 yds/play.

Not really sure where I'm going with these, just bored at work.

Even Monte Kiffin is asking around on how to stop the zone run attack. All time highs given up defensively Saturday, yikes.

So if Kansas St. runs the same number of plays TAMU has (732), Klein would be involved in 415 (assuming his same 56.7% rate). This would break down to 237 passes (at 10.03 yds/attempt) and 178 runs (at 5 yds/attempt).

Assuming same break down of one passing TD per 15.58 attempts, one INT per 93.5 attempts, and one rushing TD per 8.18 attempts, Klein's numbers would look like:
2377 passing yards, 15 TDs, 3 INTs
890 rushing yards, 22 TDs

Slow down TAMU's pace to match KSU's (575 plays), Johnny would be involved in 348 plays (240 passes, 108 runs).
1992 passing yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs
724 rushing yards, 12 TDs

Of course, like I said, there would be other factors involved, but there are some raw numbers. Figured I'd look at that since Dre mentioned the pace of offenses earlier.

so yall sitting at work, and i'm sitting in class, and collectively we are being extremely unproductive :lol:

Lane Kiffin deserves most of blame for USC's disappointing season

lane-kiffin.jpg

When asked by SI.com how much of the blame is on him and his coaching staff, a subdued Kiffin said, "All of it."

SI.com spoke with 10 opposing head coaches, assistants and NFL personnel types over the past week to examine what's gone wrong at USC. Many of the people interviewed put the blame squarely on the 37-year-old Kiffin, whose team's performance hasn't matched its talent.

"There's no excuses with the players they've got," said a coach who faced USC earlier this season. "It's an embarrassment of riches. You've got to find a way with those guys."

To be fair, Kiffin has had to deal with harsh NCAA sanctions from the Reggie Bush scandal, including a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 30 scholarships over three years (this is the first season the scholarship restrictions kick in). But even Kiffin knows that with the talent flowing through his program he should have had more success.

"With the players that we have, we should not be 6-3," Kiffin said on his Sunday conference call with USC beat writers. "There's only one person for that to fall on -- that's me as the head coach."

Last edited:
Sure wish UF would have gone after Charlie Strong after Urban Liar left.

so yall sitting at work, and i'm sitting in class, and collectively we are being extremely unproductive :lol:

It's the American Dream...

Sure wish UF would have gone after Charlie Strong after Urban Liar left.

Wow, :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt the coaching staff needs to shoulder the blame, shouldn't have lost to Stanford even with a 3rd string Center. Maybe CLK thought his dad was going to turn that D around, but they have been exposed the past two games. Time for pops to hang it up. They also need to start hitting in practice, this team isn't physical enough. What happens on the practice field carries over on game days.

So I've said it before on here, I don't like them but I don't hate the South Carolina Gamecocks. I'm not from SC so aside from going to Clemson, I don't have that lifelong rivalry and I don't have to listen to those inbred hicks every day.

That being said, I have a lot of respect for Marcus Lattimore. Great RB, seems like a good kid and it sucked to see that injury...but the state of South Carolina declared last Monday "Marcus Lattimore Day" (I missed hearing about it til now w/o power). I'm sorry, all of the support is great but there are a lot of people who've done a lot more to deserve it but don't get any recognition. In the end it's fairly meaningless, it's not like there will be parades and kids wil have the day off school but as devastating as the injury was, it's crazy that athletes are put on a pedestal like that.

Also, a gem from Spurrier:

And Stephen Garcia could drink because he was 18, right?

Considering that farce he pulled after his lover Tebow left, I believe that's an accurate description.

That's not why we are laughing, guess the lies and shady dealings were ok as long as it was a benefit to the Florida program... :lol:

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
SEC officially announces SEC-Big 12 Sugar Bowl deal. … 12 years, beginning with Jan. 1, 2015 game.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
Should the SEC and/or Big 12 champs move up to playoff, "another deserving team from the conference(s) will be selected for the game."

That's good, strong, solid, concrete ties to a bowl. Although I don't see "another deserving team from the conference" being a factor.

It's going to be like the Rose Bowl, Big Ten/Pac 12 matchup is ideal, but when a team gets plucked to the title game it's replaced by an "At Large". TCU in 2011.

I hate the "no hitting/tackling" in practice "policy". Pete's teams were never maxed out at 85 and hitting didn't stop, "Competition Tuesdays" were a staple and fun to watch.

Does it limit injuries? In practice, yes. However, the other side of it is worse: poor tackling.

Last edited:
Expect Colorado football to become a powerhouse again as Colorado voters legalized marijuana today.

There is no legitimate reason why I am worried about Cal except it's an away game. I do have a couple of off-the-wall reasons why I'm worried.

1. Possible trap game. The Ducks are coming off the "big win" at USC and might be looking ahead to the next big game against Stanford.

2. Every team that has beaten USC this season, has lost their very next game........... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Okay I'm reaching for reasons, but does anybody else have legitimate reasons why we should be concerned?

Back
Top Bottom