2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

It's man vs a woman

That's not common when it come to athletic beefs on campus

[COLOR=#red]Yeah true...except when it comes to the "recruiting" wars against the girls ball team...if you know what I mean :rofl: Usually not violent but it can get heated. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
I remember Ivory Latta used to light mogs up but no one ever stole off on her or a anything like that

Last edited:
So now he done got ran thru on the court by a female, followed it up by swingin on her, then gettin kicked out the school.

He need to look into witness relocation for that. No comin back from this youngster. :smh:

He's lucky he's still alive. Period.

Sup EDW. I'm in Orlando & Tampa. But Gainesville, Yuck! What you don't up that way? Only leagues I know about are during fall.

What's the story behind him punching her?
She's a serious baller for Tech...probably was lighting him up...mix in some trash talk and hurt egos and a punch can happen.

This is not new.... pickup game fights between Football and Basketball players in college...read up on Melvin Whitacre from UVA a 7 footer who got into with a UVA football guy and Melvin slashed his face.

Also in another summer school football versus hoops fight that I was around for was the notorious Jerry Stackhouse versus Freddie Jones (Tight End for UNC) altercation at the famous Woolen Gym. Stack had just gotten there for summer school before his freshman year. Stack was a bast though and nobody really wanted with him in the knuckle game.

http://dimemag.com/2012/08/the-top-5-times-jerry-stackhouse-beat-down-a-nba-player

Stack was knuckling people up for years:

Last edited:
kyle field renovation from november 2013-june 2014

kyle-field-06-29-2014.gif

Must be nice.

SU got a verbal from safety Daiquan Kelly out of Jersey for the 2015 class. Top 10 overall out of the state according to ESPN and 247 Sports.

He's lucky he's still alive. Period.

Sup EDW. I'm in Orlando & Tampa. But Gainesville, Yuck! What you don't up that way? Only leagues I know about are during fall.

[COLOR=#red]Lol I'm here in the 'Ville relaxing with my fam for the summer. Felt like getting away from TX for a bit. I'm basically using Gainesville as my place to stay while I visit most of Florida on the weekends...then it's back to College Station to finish off my grad degree...I'll hit you up at some point to see if you want to hang. I used to live in Tampa word to Dale Mabry :lol: wonder how much it has changed since I been there.

[/COLOR]

Hope that means you're gonna play at Nationals in Kissimmee EWD lol. Make that trip back in Jan

[COLOR=#red]Dre probably won't make it since I haven't even found a team, but intramurals at A&M is pretty competitive so I'll just have to wait till Fall I guess. Last year I was QB and Safety...I'm outchea in this Florida sun doing 3-5 step drop drills, rollouts, and accuracy drills. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
http://coachingsearch.247sports.com...ational-championship-game-prediction-29364416

College football national championship game prediction

How will they get there?

Clemson and Florida State play in Tallahassee on September 20, but I believe both teams will prove to be worthy of playoff selections despite the fact that one of the two team won’t earn a trip to the ACC championship game because they play in the same division. Keep in mind that Clemson has opportunities for impressive wins at Georgia and against South Carolina, in addition to the week-four matchup against the Seminoles. If FSU slips up, the only loss for the Seminoles will come against Clemson at Doak Campbell Stadium.

Meanwhile, Auburn will repeat as SEC champions and UCLA is my pick to win the PAC-12. I’m counting on the Bruins to take the next step in the trenches to win the line of scrimmage more consistently than in Mora’s first two seasons as head coach.

Who will win the national championship?

I believe the Clemson Tigers will defeat Auburn on January 12 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington to claim its first national championship since 1981.

Last edited:

Florida State University quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston has purchased a large disability and "loss of value" policy that provides him with $8 million to $10 million in insurance coverage, a source close to the situation told Yahoo Sports.

According to the source, Winston is the first returning Heisman Trophy winner since former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford to purchase preseason loss of value coverage, though other returning winners have purchased "total permanent disability" coverage during that time frame. Winston's policy is based on a projection that he will be selected in the top 10 of the 2015 NFL draft and would theoretically pay out if he fell out of the first round due to injury or illness.

Though Winston's father recently said he wanted his son to play two more football seasons for the Seminoles while earning his degree, industry experts say underclassmen who purchase insurance policies as large as Winston's almost always enter the NFL draft following the season for which they purchased coverage. That reality is largely due to the hefty premiums players have to pay out of pocket (often with the help of their families) to protect themselves. Policies the size of Winston's can carry a $55,000 to $60,000 premium payment per year, which industry sources say most players have to obtain by financing.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ed--8m--10m-insurance-coverage-014958801.html

@JFowlerCBS
Might have been out there, but Texas Tech LB Mike Mitchell (Ohio St transfer) indeed sitting out a year. TT held out hope he could play '14

Back
Top Bottom