2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

4 Star Cali QB Blake Barnett (a ND decommit) spurns Oregon and commits to Alabama taking Ricky Town's old spot in that class.

Worth mentioning he was recruited by and committed because of Lane Kiffin. CLK paying dividends.

Last edited:
Lol @ CLK paying dividends.

USC may not have made the right hire at HC, but getting rid of Lane was the only option and fortunately for them they realized it.

Metoyer couldn't even read though. And he liked to jack off in front of underage girls.

But God dammit was that kid talented.

It's sad to see NFL guys throw away talent like that. Him, all those Tennessee guys listed several posts ago, the two guys TAMU booted a few weeks ago (Claiborne, Golden)...

The list from just the last 3 or so years could go on for hours.

It's sad to see NFL guys throw away talent like that. Him, all those Tennessee guys listed several posts ago, the two guys TAMU booted a few weeks ago (Claiborne, Golden)...

The list from just the last 3 or so years could go on for hours.
Them feels when Honey Badger revealed contemplating taking his life in 2012.

So Lodge as expected committed to A&M and all of a sudden a message is being out out that Charlie Strong can't recruit.

Is it mindless offseason chatter or is there a lil truth behind it? I like to believe it's the former & not the latter but I know, offseason, offseason.

That's what I figured, doesn't make it any better that that banter is coming from bloggers & writers that cover UT.

State has enough that everyone can eat.

It's not that Charlie can't recruit. I'm sure he's fine. But his staff sucks.

Joe Wickline can coach but can't recruit. Shawn Watson sucks. Bruce Chambers was the worst recruiter UT had under Mack. Les Koenning is a disaster and has been for 20 years.

His staff is awful. He almost immediately turned off Texas coaches by yanking offers after telling kids they were safe, then selling kids the same "we're Texas" **** Mack Brown got so comfortable with. He came in so far behind the 8-ball compared to what Sumlin has established to begin with, I don't know what people expected.

Sumlin is that dude 
pimp.gif

Aren't all of UT's assistants top 10 in highest paid in cfb? Some top 5.

If they can't recruit then that falls back on Charlie right?

Was there a rule that no more FBS schools could have non green colored fields? I remember there being one that was a big deal around the time Eastern Washington went to the red field.
Eastern Washington is a FCS school.   I think you might be thinking of the proposed NCAA rule that tried to stop team's from wearing uniforms that matched the color of their field. 

Was there a rule that no more FBS schools could have non green colored fields? I remember there being one that was a big deal around the time Eastern Washington went to the red field.
Eastern Washington is a FCS school.   I think you might be thinking of the proposed NCAA rule that tried to stop team's from wearing uniforms that matched the color of their field. 
yeah i though EWU was allowed to do it because they were FCS but then FBS teams complained about Boise or something and a rule was proposed. you're probably right that i had it mistaken with the one you mentioned.

6 months into his job, don't worry.

Did Charlie have autonomy over all the assistant coach hirings? Sometimes a guy or two come with the job not even sure

Back
Top Bottom