2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Good get with Ty... Michigan needs an infusion of talent everywhere... This helps even if he has to sit a year... Gives him a year buffer from Smith and Green

The SEC commissioner who's been talking about more money for athletes, full cost of attendance, stipends, full health care, transportation to games for family etc. told the NCAA today that the Power 5 conference are in agreement that if the NCAA doesn't give them more autonomy that the power 5 will secede from the NCAA and form its own division (Division IV).
Secede from D1 not the NCAA.  The new division would still be under the NCAA umbrella. 

Kind of unrelated but D1 FB needs another subdivision.  With the gap between the haves and the have nots only getting bigger, it makes no sense that FBS is continuing to expand.  There will be 129 FBS schools in 2015. 

Last edited:
[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Blake Barnett decommits from Notre Dame...[/h2]
06-04-2014, 05:13 PM

And just like that, the top dual-threat prospect on the West Coast is back on the board.

Corona (Calif.) Santaigo quarterback Blake Barnett decommitted from Notre Dame on Wednesday and tells me every school is back in play. USC saw him throw earlier this spring, but has not yet extended a scholarship offer.

"Recruitment is open," said Barnett, who made a surprise visit to Oregon this week.

Between Barnett and fellow dual-threat Travis Waller, things could get interesting for the Trojans in the coming weeks...
He's been very impressive since the start of his junior year. We knew all about Josh Rosen and Ricky Town as sophomores, and I specifically remember getting a text message from Santiago coach Jeff Steinberg last summer stating that he thought his QB could be special, too. Barnett used a big offseason and, with his track speed, quickly became a weapon. He's been fantastic all year, beginning at the Elite 11 L.A. Regional in January, continuing that at the NFTC and then the 7-on-7 in Las Vegas. Oregon appears to hold an edge at the moment, but if the Trojans jump in with an offer and display an attractive offense this fall, it could get interesting. I will say that leaving the area has always been a deciding factor here...

Clemson investing their $20m in players development too. 
pimp.gif

So does Deandre Francois end up at FSU?

Should I be rooting for Florida to do well this year? Thought of FSU getting Cowart and Cece Jefferson as a result of UF not doing well is frightening.

So does Deandre Francois end up at FSU?

Should I be rooting for Florida to do well this year? Thought of FSU getting Cowart and Cece Jefferson as a result of UF not doing well is frightening.

One should never root for UF to do well in any season

UF will probably lose between 3 - 4 games at the most

Last edited:
I see 5 losses on UF's schedule right off the bat... Before we even talk upset losses to UT and Mizzou.

Back
Top Bottom