2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

laugh.gif
 ain't nobody showed me those 7 wins tho

Tyler Lockett
Randy Gregory
Danny Shelton
Kurtis Drummond

:pimp:

Watched a ton of Baylor last year and Byyce Petty gets so much praise, Heisman, AA-QB, possible 1st round pick, and I feel like he's super overrated. Numbers may look better but I don't feel like he's even better than Nick Florence was in 2012. Not even close to RG3.

Miami fans -

I don't think it'll happen but let's say y'all only win 7 games...how's Al Golden's job security looking? Do you kinda wish he'd taken the Penn St job at that point?

Miami fans -

I don't think it'll happen but let's say y'all only win 7 games...how's Al Golden's job security looking? Do you kinda wish he'd taken the Penn St job at that point?
starting qb tore his acl in spring practice so who knows.....

Since y'all love the Twitter

Ricky DeBerry @TheFranchize__ · 4h
Congrats to my bro @Cle_Missile for committing to Clemson today!!! I might join him [emoji]9994[/emoji][emoji]128005[/emoji]

Miami fans -

To me, it depends on HOW they win just 7.

If they lose games 21-20, ok, cool. We workin, we came up short, keep recruitin, build it up now that the shackles off. Stay grindin.

If we stay givin up 390 yards rushin and **** with no damn adjustments and our DC bout as useful as a freshmen virgin with huge melons who weighs 260 with backne (no you can't have her number Cardo), then cut him and clean them all the hell out.

Last edited:
Miami's winning more then 7 games this year. Only team in that schedule with a more talented roster is FSU.

Miami fans -

Golden is Teflon. School doesn't care about winning anymore.

We are a 7/8 win team at best next season.

Matt Hayes @Matt_HayesSN · 27m
Mail Bonding: Why Mariotta over Winston on preseason AA team? Simple. He's better.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ariota-better-than-jameis-winston-quarterback #Ducks #Noles

ehhhhhh, kind of hard to compare Winston and Mariota due to the drastic difference in the systems they run...I understand the argument about having comparable numbers but for plenty of games down the stretch Winston didn't play too much in the 2nd half...that 40 td's could've easily been 45 or 50 tds....Mariota seems like an accurate passer, but his system garners receivers so much space, so it's somewhat hard to guage just how accurate of a passer he is.

jaboo has the better arm,
Marriotta way better legs
WInston runs pro-style with some spread...
Does Marriotta ever take snaps under center?

It's apples and oranges , but MM is def a great college QB... lord only knows what happens if he doesn't injure his knee.
maybe this year... Playoff :pimp:

Marriota won't make it in the L--- just a hunch

Last edited:
Watched a ton of Baylor last year and Byyce Petty gets so much praise, Heisman, AA-QB, possible 1st round pick, and I feel like he's super overrated. Numbers may look better but I don't feel like he's even better than Nick Florence was in 2012. Not even close to RG3.
Year in year out everything about Baylor football is extremely overrated, I watch their games... punch em in the mouth early and/or don't get down two scores in the first quarter and their sorry defense will give you an opportunity to win, word to Oregon.

Tyler Lockett
Randy Gregory
Danny Shelton
Kurtis Drummond

:pimp:

I don't rate Petty higher or better than A.J. McCarron or AM11.

Drummond and Kendall Fuller will be two of the best DB's in the country this season.

The SEC commissioner who's been talking about more money for athletes, full cost of attendance, stipends, full health care, transportation to games for family etc. told the NCAA today that the Power 5 conference are in agreement that if the NCAA doesn't give them more autonomy that the power 5 will secede from the NCAA and form its own division (Division IV).

Last edited:
The SEC commissioner who's been talking about more money for athletes, full cost of attendance, stipends, full health care, transportation to games for family etc. told the NCAA today that the Power 5 conference are in agreement that if the NCAA doesn't give them more autonomy that the power 5 will secede from the NCAA and form its own division (Division IV).

O'Leary's the first to reply:

UCF coach: Sport 'in real trouble'

At least one college football coach isn't happy about the SEC threatening to take their ball and leave if the Power Five conferences aren't granted autonomy by the NCAA.

Central Florida coach George O'Leary, in fact, put a historical spin on SEC commissioner Mike Slive's threat of forming a "Division IV" if the league -- along with the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten and the Pac-12 -- don't get the flexibility needed to create their own bylaws.

"They sound like the South during the Civil War," O'Leary told the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week. "If they don't get their way, they're going to secede and start their own country. ... I think college football is in real trouble."

Smaller Division I schools likely can't afford the changes that the SEC and the major conferences are seeking. And while Division II and Division III have their own rules, forming a Division IV would seemingly create a wider divide between the Power Five and other smaller schools.

"They're trying to go the other way and create an even wider gap between the haves and have-nots," O'Leary told the Sentinel of the Power Five and the SEC's threats. "I think some of these schools have forgotten where they came from."

The SEC wants the NCAA steering committee to adopt its proposal for the voting threshold, which would allow the Power Five to pass legislation with more ease.

The NCAA board of directors will vote on the steering committee's proposal in August, and it would need a two-thirds vote of the 65 schools and 15 student representatives to pass.

O'Leary, who previously coached eight seasons at Georgia Tech, has a 72-56 record -- including a 12-1 mark and a Fiesta Bowl victory in 2013 -- since joining UCF in 2005. The Knights have played in three conferences during that span, bouncing from the Mid-American Conference to Conference USA in 2005 and to the American Athletic Conference last season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Back
Top Bottom