2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Hmm I didn't know it was just a 5 year thing. I remember Reggie saying he wouldn't come back even if he could though so I assumed that relationship is past that point.

Hmm I didn't know it was just a 5 year thing. I remember Reggie saying he wouldn't come back even if he could though so I assumed that relationship is past that point.
he'll come back.  it's just a lot of hurt feelings on both sides because of the ncaa.  reggie feels like usc threw him under the bus with the returning the heisman stuff and trying to distance itself without standing up for him at all and usc feels like he selfishly screwed their entire program over and never even apologized.

Last edited:
Here's the story from a buckeye on the Mainboard who claims he has "sources"

"The incident occurred in early December -- the week before the contest against Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship game. Ohio State had just given up 603 yards and 41 points to a porous Michigan offense and barely escaped with a one-point victory.
Well, strength coach Mickey Marotti ? who is absolutely Meyer's right-hand man, was ribbing Luke Fickell about "not getting his guys juiced up enough" before games. No, he wasn't making a Jose Canseco reference. Marotti was suggesting that Fickell didn't get his guys fired up enough.
Then Meyer walked in and joined in on the banter. And while we're told Marotti's criticism of Fickell was somewhat light-hearted, Meyer was a bit more serious. He told Fickell that he needs to do a better job of getting the defensive players emotionally ready to go before kickoff.
Well, just then Mike Vrabel walks in and hears this conversation. According to an impeccable source, Vrabel went off. He felt that Marotti and Meyer were going after Fickell unfairly and Vrabel screamed at both of them. The shouting match escalated and it got to the point where Vrabel actually put his hands on Meyer. Didn't punch him, but did put his hands on him. (I've heard varying stories from two different sources: One says Vrabel put his hand around Meyer's neck and pinned him up against a wall; the other source says Vrabel grabbed the shirt collar and it wasn't quite as violent as the other source is making it seem.)
We're told it didn't happen right away since OSU was still undefeated at the time and very much in the national championship race, but eventually Vrabel was told he needed to find a new job. They decided they were going to try and keep everything in-house and make it look like an amicable split.
One major difference in what we've been told by sources regarding the incident is that the altercation between Meyer and Vrabel did not happen just days before Vrabel left for the Houston Texans. In fact, it happened over a month before Vrabel joined Bill O'Brien's staff. Like we said, the incident happened the week between the Michigan and Michigan State games. Vrabel didn't leave for the Texans' gig until Jan. 9."

Here's the story from a buckeye on the Mainboard who claims he has "sources"

"The incident occurred in early December -- the week before the contest against Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship game. Ohio State had just given up 603 yards and 41 points to a porous Michigan offense and barely escaped with a one-point victory.
Well, strength coach Mickey Marotti ? who is absolutely Meyer's right-hand man, was ribbing Luke Fickell about "not getting his guys juiced up enough" before games. No, he wasn't making a Jose Canseco reference. Marotti was suggesting that Fickell didn't get his guys fired up enough.
Then Meyer walked in and joined in on the banter. And while we're told Marotti's criticism of Fickell was somewhat light-hearted, Meyer was a bit more serious. He told Fickell that he needs to do a better job of getting the defensive players emotionally ready to go before kickoff.
Well, just then Mike Vrabel walks in and hears this conversation. According to an impeccable source, Vrabel went off. He felt that Marotti and Meyer were going after Fickell unfairly and Vrabel screamed at both of them. The shouting match escalated and it got to the point where Vrabel actually put his hands on Meyer. Didn't punch him, but did put his hands on him. (I've heard varying stories from two different sources: One says Vrabel put his hand around Meyer's neck and pinned him up against a wall; the other source says Vrabel grabbed the shirt collar and it wasn't quite as violent as the other source is making it seem.)
We're told it didn't happen right away since OSU was still undefeated at the time and very much in the national championship race, but eventually Vrabel was told he needed to find a new job. They decided they were going to try and keep everything in-house and make it look like an amicable split.
One major difference in what we've been told by sources regarding the incident is that the altercation between Meyer and Vrabel did not happen just days before Vrabel left for the Houston Texans. In fact, it happened over a month before Vrabel joined Bill O'Brien's staff. Like we said, the incident happened the week between the Michigan and Michigan State games. Vrabel didn't leave for the Texans' gig until Jan. 9."

:lol:

It's already been refuted. The story started in Bucknuts rumor mill. Bucknuts has no insider access so they conjure up rumors and their readers run with them.

This is from the same website that also published a story that an Ohio State recruit had died a few years ago. He didn't.

The same website also had a thread going that freshman TE Marcus Baugh was kicked off the team for an underage. He wasn't.

There's a reason they have no inside access, and it goes back to the Tressel years. The site is an embarrassment, and after this, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't totally blacklisted from the program.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-says-he-plans-to-stay-two-more-years-at-fsu/

Jameis Winston says he plans to stay two more years at FSU

Posted by Chris Huston on February 6, 2014, 10:17 PM EST

Jameis Winston
AP

Looks like Jameis Winston wants to stick around college football for a while.

At least that’s the plan right now.

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner told the Associated Press on Thursday that he wants to play two more seasons for Florida State rather than leave after next season, when he’ll be draft eligible.

One reason for Winston’s current plan is baseball. The two sport star, who is expected to be a relief pitcher this spring, wants to play for the Seminoles in 2015, around the time he would be preparing for the NFL draft if he chose to leave.

“Obviously I’m a big baseball person, so (him staying two more years) is an accurate statement because I plan on playing baseball next season anyway,” said Winston. “I’m not even worried about the draft and stuff like that. I’m worried about winning championships here at Florida State.”

Our cynical side sees Winston’s proclamation as nothing more than a ploy to keep such questions off his plate as he moves forward. Once the reality of being the top overall pick in the next NFL draft is dangled in front of him, it’s going to be really hard to turn down all that money, not to mention the challenge of testing his talents at the highest level.

However, our idealistic side finds it refreshing that Winston wants to stay and compete in the two sports he loves, if only for one extra season. Until proven otherwise, you have to take him at his word, which means that FSU fans should be downright giddy at the idea of Winston under center in 2015. If he’s this good now, how good will he be two falls from now?

Time will tell whether Winston’s mind changes, but it’s nice to know that college football’s biggest star is considering hanging around.

Honestly it makes sense. Dude can't stay out of trouble plus we saw how hard CJP was going after safeties late in recruiting. Hope it's not true but I believe it.

Ole Miss let DJ Law out of his LOI and is letting him go to Utah. People are saying one parent faxed an LOI to Ole Miss while he sent one to Utah and there was some disagreement over it? 

Big Six' Conference Teams by Recruiting Class
• FIVE-STAR: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas.

Note that, since 2003, the eleven teams in the "five-star" group have combined for 21 appearances in the BCS Championship game, compared to one appearance by any of the 64 teams listed below. (The lone exception in that span, Oregon, just barely missed the cut for five-star status.) The only "five-star" teams that never played for a title in the BCS era are Georgia and Michigan; among the rest, only Notre Dame failed to make a repeat trip.

#DawgsUnderFire

350x700px-LL-eeaf1c6f_qb4Bish.gif

Back
Top Bottom