2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Argo was a perfect "good" movie to me, if that makes sense. Nothing spectacular, nothing experimental or particularly exciting, not taking any risks,  just a good movie done extremely well. Would much rather have seen Django win.

what's the last timeless classic to win best picture?  

American beauty? 

maybe gladiator?

No country for old men should have lost to there will be blood.

i guess the departed maybe in 2006 but Scorsese has at least 3 better movies than the departed so I'm not so sure

1994 is the best year of nominees. 

how the **** did the godfather part 3 get nominated if everyone hated it? (I didn't hate it. It was just over the top and the kissing cousins stuff was outa left field)

Last edited:

American beauty? 

maybe gladiator?

i guess the departed maybe in 2006 but Scorsese has at least 3 better movies than the departed so I'm not so sure

Gladiator :smokin I've lost count of how many times I've watched it. The ending still almost makes me tear up

American beauty? 

maybe gladiator?

Gladiator
smokin.gif
I've lost count of how many times I've watched it. The ending still almost makes me tear up
i shall have my revenge in this life or the next!

It's like...I'm happy Affleck is on that full redemption. And Clooney got a trophy. But this just ain't a film I loved.

Wish ZD30, SLP or Django would've won.
Unfortunately, because of some terrible choices in the past, I just hope the movie that wins is very good to great. Argo fits that and is a very, very solid movie. Django should have won. SLP would have been great for a comedy-drama to win, but I'm not too mad.

I would have loved SLP to win, but now I get to enjoy it without hearing people complain "I can't believe it won best picture".
:lol: To be dead honest, my next ramble thought was at least it's not something I'll hate or forget exists in a month like The Artist or King's Speech.

But I think it'll fall in the same class as Slumdog and Hurt Locker.

Hey now,

The Artist had my wife Berenice in it. I will always love it for that.

American beauty? 

maybe gladiator?

Nah... No Country for Old Men is one of the best movies of the last twenty years. That is a masterpiece.

You are going to tell me Argo was a better movie than Django? Than Lincoln?

:smh:

DIDN'T deserve Best Picture.

Not trying to be a Django fanboy, but I'm glad Waltz and Tarantino won. Spielberg coulda-shoulda won Director, but I guess I saw Pi coming.

And Michele Obama really irked me. That was completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Hey now,

The Artist had my wife Berenice in it. I will always love it for that.

I got Melanie Laurent, I don't need her. :lol:

Really though, Seth wasn't kidding. It's like The Artist never existed. What happened to everyone?

How is the dog gonna make the most out of it?

You are going to tell me Argo was a better movie than Django? Than Lincoln?

mean.gif

DIDN'T deserve Best Picture.

Not trying to be a Django fanboy, but I'm glad Waltz and Tarantino won. Spielberg coulda-shoulda won Director, but I guess I saw Pi coming.

And Michele Obama really irked me. That was completely unnecessary.
What was so good about Django? I saw it twice. I hated it both times. More so the second time. 

Django not winning has nothing to do with the quality... but it's too controversial of a pick. A movie with that much violence, that many profanities, and that kind of subject matter won't win. 

The Artist pulled a smash and grab. Came in, scooped up a bunch of awards, and dipped back to France.

What was so good about Django? I saw it twice. I hated it both times. More so the second time. 

I was entertained by Django from start to finish. Great humor, classic Tarantino directing and dialogue.

What did you hate about it? I can understand you saying "it isn't as good as everyone is making it to be", but hate? The movie was awesome, much deserving over Argo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View media item 286448
View media item 286450
View media item 286451

Back
Top Bottom