2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lowry isn't hitting any 3s Toronto isn't gnna win this'd game these are the same looks he's knocked down before.

you cant use lack of offense as an excuse when playing jimmy butler 50 minutes a game

thats like okc playing thabo 50 min a game and wondering why they have a hard time scoring 
What excuse? I never had an excuse, I was responding to that one particular comment.

Even when Thibs had offensive players in 10-11 his offense struggled in the playoffs.

Thibs = Rex Ryan. Great defense, Bad offense

...he didn't really have offensive players though. Rose was the offense, there was no one else on the team that could create their own shot (Luol wasn't as effective offensively as he would prove to be the next year. also boozer sucked), but Rose was good enough to the point where he could get everyone open shots as long as he had the ball. Take away Rose though and you have nothing, and Miami did just that. I don't really think Thibs offense had much to do with it.

He had Rose, Korver, Boozer, Watson, Deng & good role players

He had Rose, Korver, Boozer, Watson, Deng & good role players
Take away Rose, and you got Korver being shut down by good defensive coaching (btw he wasn't the multi-dimensional offensive player he is today, only a shooter then), Boozer was playing horrible because his shots weren't falling, C.J. Watson shouldn't even be in this discussion because he was and is terrible, and Deng who I already said was underwhelming offensively in 10-11 probably because he was too focused on playing D.

These "good role players" were only good defensively, no one on the Bulls then could create their own shot except Rose/Boozer and one half of that was playing terrible and the other was shut down in the playoffs 

For the Thunder and Clippers this setup must be rough. I wonder how the coaches prepare and handle situations like this.

Literally going from one team to another in one day, and that one day is a travel day for the clippers.

I would presume that whichever coach(s) were assigned the clippers and thunder would be huge as far as scouting and preparation and all that.

Take away Rose, and you got Korver being shut down by good defensive coaching (btw he wasn't the multi-dimensional offensive player he is today, only a shooter then), Boozer was playing horrible because his shots weren't falling, C.J. Watson shouldn't even be in this discussion because he was and is terrible, and Deng who I already said was underwhelming offensively in 10-11 probably because he was too focused on playing D.

These "good role players" were only good defensively, no one on the Bulls then could create their own shot except Rose/Boozer and one half of that was playing terrible and the other was shut down in the playoffs 
Ben Gordon has been D rose's only second option

For the Thunder and Clippers this setup must be rough. I wonder how the coaches prepare and handle situations like this.

Literally going from one team to another in one day, and that one day is a travel day for the clippers.

I would presume that whichever coach(s) were assigned the clippers and thunder would be huge as far as scouting and preparation and all that.
if the clippers know about bhz's friend they would already know to prepare for the thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom