2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

"@royceyoung: Westbrook: "If they give me a 15-footer, I'm gonna make that nine times out of 10, so I'm gonna shoot it." Um. Uh. Hmm."

"@royceyoung: The fact Russell Westbrook thinks he's a 90 percent shooter from 15 feet explains a whole lot of things."

roll.gif
roll.gif

- Westbrook needs to move to the SG and OKC needs to bring in a true PG who will handle the Offense.

- OKC needs to Trade Westbrook for a BIG and a SG. 

- OKC needs a PG that is a deadly spot up shooter but also plays D#. (Beverly, Chalmers type player)

- OKC needs a coach that will actually RUN a offense and get in Westbrooks head with his dumb shots.

Also Reggie Jackson is a bench player. Not a starter. He gives you energy off the bench.
so what you're saying is KD needs more help 
nerd.gif

No. Never that. He got more than enough help.

Its Westbrooks team too. Westbrook took more shots.

All I'm saying is that they need to adjust the team. Westbrook can't be ball dominant.

OKC was better when Westbrook was out. KD was facilitating and Ibaka was getting his too. But when you throw KD and Westbrook together NOBODY GETS TOUCHES but THEM TWO!

Reggie Jackson was doing his own thing that night. He wasn't passing back to them. He was just being aggressive on his own and KD and Westbrook still managed to jack up 20+ shots each that game.

The offense is more smooth without Westbrook at PG basically.
So, Reggie Jackson scores 32 and that's better?

And the regular season is different from the playoffs.
Of Course its different from the playoffs. But that doesn't change the fact that OKC was a different team without Westbrook. Playoffs or not. Regular season nobody on the court is seeing the ball as well.

Reggie Scoring 32 is better? What do you mean by that? Not sure is sarcasm. Thats great that he put up 32pts shooting at a high FG%. 

If OKC had a competent coach a lot of problems would be solved.

You can win during the regular season with a average coach because it's one game at a time.

As soon as a series starts, it's a wrap.

See OKC / Houston.

See mike Woodson all those years.

See Thibs to a lesser extent with his rotations.
Isos out of timeouts...

Predictable contested 3s in waning moments of games...

Laughing off Ibaka not being involved in the offense late...

Horrible rotations...

This guy, man...

Julius F. Wrek

OKC was better when Westbrook was out.
Are u basing this off regular season games?

Cause they ran into Memphis in the playoffs last year too. Westbrook didn't play & OKC lost 4-1.

With Westbrook, they've lasted until game 6.
They didn't even have time to adjust. They almost lost to a Dwight Howard-less Rockets team as well. You're not saying nothing son. Keep it moving. WHo the hell thought OKC was gonna beat MEM last year without RUSS?

Last edited:

They didn't even have time to adjust. They almost lost to a Dwight Howard-less Rockets team as well.
How did they almost lose after going up 3-0 in the series?
Because HOU won the next 2.

Russ went out game 2. Score was 105 - 102 OKC

Game 3 104-101 OKC

Game 4 105 - 103 HOUSTON

Game 5 107 - 100 HOUSTON

Game 6 103 - 94 OKC

thats why they almost lost, because every game went down to the wire.

Look at you.

When I made the hawks statement it was more so in the sense that your team isn't good enough to win a chip and not bad enough to tank.

Just like the hawks for the past 4-5
Years.

You were even ready to blow up the team earlier this season. :rolleyes

You'll get by this round because Brooks is that bad, because I'm sorry, no matter how good you think this grizzlies team is, they shouldn't be leading the series.

No matter how you try to swing that comment, it still doesn't make any sense at all. Before the series started, you thought OKC was good enough to win a championship. Now, all of a sudden, they are losing because of Brooks and Memphis still isn't that good.

Stop trolling. I know what I said about the Grizz. I'm not afraid to admit I wanted to retool the team and I still don't take back that statement. Win or lose in the playoffs, they are still going to need retooling this offseason.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think a lot of you just started watching basketball..

Phil Jackson won 11 rings without a true pg

i hope okc gets eliminated just to get brooks fired and maybe westbrook traded , OKC cant stay the same after all these years of failing , something needs to change 

i hope okc gets eliminated just to get brooks fired and maybe westbrook traded , OKC cant stay the same after all these years of failing , something needs to change 
Trading Westbrook wouldnt be the answer. New coach and getting rid of Perkins is the answer

This man knows....

Westbrook for a DMC and a spot up PG who can defend. 

No matter how you try to swing that comment, it still doesn't make any sense at all. Before the series started, you thought OKC was good enough to win a championship. Now, all of a sudden, they are losing because of Brooks and Memphis still isn't that good.

Stop trolling. I know what I said about the Grizz. I'm not afraid to admit I wanted to retool the team and I still don't take back that statement. Win or lose in the playoffs, they are still going to need retooling this offseason.
It does make sense, because I explained the reasoning behind the comment and why I said it.

No one is trolling, and the majority ( like myself ) have been saying how bad a coach Brooks is for the past few seasons, didn't think it would sink down to this level.

Or do you really think the Grizzlies are the better team?

Or are the Thunder getting outcoached?
I mean.... you take away 10 of Westbrooks 31 shots..... and OKC wins.

Man I really hate this first round sweep or mentality bust that has developed over the past few years.

I want okc to lose, but y'all are going overboard with these changes.

See this all the time. This is a team that was a mili second from being up
3-2. Nobody talks about Westbrook missed jumpers if they're up.

They could very well win this series. Does it honestly matter if they lose I'm the first round to a good team, or if they lose in the 2nd or wcf to another good team.

All teams have flaws. The spurs lost in the first round to the same grizzlies for God's sake.

It does make sense, because I explained the reasoning behind the comment and why I said it.

No one is trolling, and the majority ( like myself ) have been saying how bad a coach Brooks is for the past few seasons, didn't think it would sink down to this level.

Or do you really think the Grizzlies are the better team?

Or are the Thunder getting outcoached?

Who is good enough to win a championship then? Just the Heat? They the only team that looks dominant at this point in time. I guess all the other teams in the NBA are not good enough to win a championship, right?

Also, its not about being the better team. Its about who's playing the better basketball. Right now, Memphis is playing better basketball than OKC. Its not as simple as saying "OKC has the best two players in the series, so they win". **** happens. If it was that simple, Dallas wouldn't have won the championship in 2011. I guess that team wasn't good enough to win a championship, either.

I'm not going to go on a full rant tonight. But, I know exactly what was said before this series started and what was said last year when the Grizz beat OKC without Westbrook. I'll just hope for a Game 6 win for right now.

Last edited:
Or okc could just get a SG that teams actually have to respect when they throw him the ball and can help with spacing.. Who knows if lamb can be that, since brooks continues to play fisher and butler

Like say arron afflalo

Everyone knows Brooks is trash and he should've been gone a long time ago, but making him the only scapegoat is a cop out. It starts with TA locking up KD and being one of the few guys in the league who can get away with constant harassment. That disrupts the flow of their offense and all the other **** comes after.

Bottom line is Memphis matches up well vs. OKC. That's been obvious for a while now.

They didn't even have time to adjust. They almost lost to a Dwight Howard-less Rockets team as well.
How did they almost lose after going up 3-0 in the series?
Because HOU won the next 2.

Russ went out game 2. Score was 105 - 102 OKC

Game 3 104-101 OKC

Game 4 105 - 103 HOUSTON

Game 5 107 - 100 HOUSTON

Game 6 103 - 94 OKC

thats why they almost lost, because every game went down to the wire.
So what? They had to win 4 games & only got halfway there after almost getting swept.
Doesn't matter. Series could've gone either way. The games were too close. With Westbrook out especially.

Lets be real who though OKC was going to beat MEM???? Not one single person thought OKC would win. Especially the way MEM been giving OKC trouble every year they meet in the playoffs.Without Westbrook they were DONE.

You throw in OKC in a Fresh series last season vs. HOU it would've gone to 7 EASILY. Hou could've easily won that series if it was to happen.

GSW disappointed today. Way too careless with the ball. Could have done better defensively too and getting boards but eh.

OKC... Westbrook takes ill advised jumpers and KD was not playing to what I'm used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom